Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

something something communism as carried out by the warsaw pact is nowhere near communism in its ideal state (whether communism in its ideal state can ever actually happen is another argument)

6 Likes

communism in its ideal state conveniently also happens to be the optimal conditions for tyrants to take power

5 Likes

Dios mío! A LIBERAL!

4 Likes

I think that you can take this argument and then use it to justify every type of government or ideology there is

3 Likes

I dont want to play this game

1 Like

My parents couldn’t afford to pay their electricity bills when they were younger and together, before having me, both employed and combining their incomes

When you go to the store there was only one type of everything. One type of butter, one type of milk, one type of water, one type of ham. It had a mono colored packaging with the label “butter” on it for instance

People were terrified of criticising the government. People even lied to government agents about people they dislike, they lied that they criticised it or plotted against it, and in some cases successfully got those people in trouble at best, at worst killed

The actual application of communism is more dystopian than capitalism, id argue

5 Likes

Point of view, living in Eastern Europe

1 Like

This is why you donțt make a police state and do the obvious choise of not making the power be held by a select few elites

1 Like

pretty sure soviet style communism was one of george orwell’s main targets of criticism so y’know
literally blues clues

6 Likes

The ideal theoretical government is a democracy (this is a very cold take)

You dont want monopolies over goods and services. You want there to be a healthy competition. Things grow and improve when there is a healthy competition. Under capitalism monopolies can happen if one company gets way ahead of others. In communism monopoly happens by default

“Seize the means of production” implies one has no trust at the good will of employers but has full trust in the good will of the government. Thats a very illogical thought to have, to me. I dont see the sensibility. Why wre you trusting one but distrusting the other? What happens if you no longer like the government? You wanna kick them out but they say “lol no”. Do you have any power over them when you just gave them the means of production?

3 Likes

Yeah

this was the primary argument in favor of capitalism but then all the producers and providers banded together to force us to buy expensive low quality goods and shit was fucked

3 Likes

moral of the story is that we’re not allowed to have nice things

2 Likes

This is a fair point too. They are making de facto monopolies

I’m probably older than you.

1 Like

beancat is 39

2 Likes

Then I’m younger than 39.

1 Like

Arent you literally 20? Who are you older than you baby :joy:

Yourself?