Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

So far I am not impressed fwiw. I don’t mind trying it out because (as far as I know) the money is directly benefiting creators I like. The UI had some flaws, and discovery was weird. The best feature of it so far is that we can watch Lindsey Ellis videos since she’s mostly stopped posting on YT.

2 Likes

YouTube… I’d wish to live in a world where corporate greed wasn’t a thing

1 Like

I’ve become the physical embodiment of greed morty

2 Likes

A lot of it is due to structural issues that create incentives to do bad things without meaningful punishments. Like fines for child labor law violations seem to be sort of laughable

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) fined three McDonald’s franchisees after an investigation determined that hundreds of children – including two 10-year-olds – were working there in violation of federal labor law.

The investigation concluded that among the three franchisees, 305 minors were employed.

The Department of Labor fined the businesses $212,544 in civil money penalties.

305 minors employed, and a $212,544 fine. Average annual profit for a McDonald’s franchisee is $150,000 but the corporation is usually taking in about 3 times that much from sales and such so we’ll call that $600,000 annually that either McDonald’s or a franchisee is making. There were 3 McDonald’s involved here so let’s say that’s $1.8 million that’s profit for someone across all 3. That fine is about 11% of the annual profit, or about 130% monthly profit.

305 minors across 3 stores and the fine was less than a month and a half of the combined corporate and franchisee profits. The numbers I’m using are averages and estimates so the figure could be off, but the point is that depending on how long this had been going on, the fine is probably affordable by the franchisee and the corporation itself keeps all of the money they earned from these stores and avoid any blame. In situations like this when they’re violating child labor laws, the punishment should be so severe as to discourage anyone from attempting it, and in the case of large national conglomerates that are franchised, the franchisor should have partial liability, so they have incentive to make sure their stores are run lawfully.

1 Like

Me and my dog are spending our days the same way

2 Likes

The only reason I’ve considered getting Nebula is because Jet Lag cliffhangers will be the end of me.

1 Like

ngl that feels like it could go super hard if the show itself isnt boring

but im not gonna watch it

they should do this except its like supposed to be 7 straight guys and one gay dude in a house and they have to find out who the gay one is but theyre all gay

3 Likes

Yeah I am totally straight attempts to mimic "straight behavior"

1 Like

psst every game show is bastard the host decides what happens/who wins

3 Likes

Ok i think i found a profitable item on the cat site

Crossbow bolt prices are horrible, the cheapest were 1 per 4 notes, but Supply boxes that give them are 50 notes or below and give 24 crossbows and 12 bandages (can quick sell for 1 each)

So that leaves each box for 38 if we QS bandages, 24 bolts for 38 notes is around 1.6 notes for each bolt!

So i sell them for 3 notes each, with a 1 note discount on all packages of 10, 25, 50 and 100

Ignoring this minimal discount, each supply box i buy for 50 notes is worth 88 notes!

7 Likes

our little boykisser is becoming a businessman

8 Likes

:wowee:

This is how it feels when tutuu posts sometimes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Is there like different thumbnails or something? If I go back on his channel, it’s like the original gray posted.

2 Likes

Fantastic. Time to exploit this gap in the market and create a monopoly. Not even a progressive cat sim is safe from the exploitation of unfair markets.

4 Likes

You can change the thumbnail for a video without any penalty I think, but I know YouTubers will try to do A/B testing like stuff to see which thumbnails perform better.

4 Likes

respectfully i think the bit has run its course Daeron

1 Like

I was about to bring that maybe it’s A/B testing with the recommendations, but said that’s probably nah

2 Likes