Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

may can we go on walkies

3 Likes

i dont quite understand

1 Like

when people say rand ingame theyre referring to somebody being more or less likely mafia/town

those odds are typically 75/25

1 Like

<rand means “mess likely than random” in the context of mafia

1 Like

yes but the odds could be different and they’d still use the phrase to express a townread or a scumread

i dont know what are the odds for somebody to think pasta = ramen noodles. it could be 5%. it could be 60%. i cant know ive done no survey. so by saying >rand or <rand i express “more or less likely”. i think westerners are more likely to think of pasta = ramen noodles. i think westerners are >rand to think of pasta = ramen noodles

is it normal to respond well to both being treated like a little baby puppy guy and like im taking part in a debate in ancient Greece

3 Likes

this is so much more confusing to think about than “less likely”

1 Like

When we say, like “less than rand chance of thinking XYZ”, “rand” means “the chance that somebody thinks X if you randomly selected them”, and isn’t fixed to any particular chance. Like you could say somebody in a cop13er is “>rand cop” and that doesn’t mean they necessarily have a bigger than 25% chance of being cop, just a bigger than 1 in 13 chance, yknow

1 Like

unleash the kraken

1 Like

wait. Wait. Autism right

2 Likes

mhm

1 Like

It does just mean more or less likely than the base chance, it’s just that the base chance varies

1 Like

its quirky but most mafia players get it. its like an inside joke in the circle of mafia. it wouldnt be adequate to say that outside of mafia

2 Likes

Hey guys I’m gonna leak something from mod chat right now: everybody is always fucking using mafia terminology for everything, MYSELF INCLUDED, it’s an evil mind virus. We DO say people are “>rand” xyz and we DO say people have “villagery” explanations for things it’s endless

3 Likes

when you say rand most people will think of the odds of somebody being mafia or town

they wont necessarily think of the odds of somebody being a cop, which you might be referring to

or in mays case, a 50/50, which makes no sense to a mafia player!!

2 Likes

why would someone wish to be taken care of and also go into great detail on random subjects to increase the sum of knowledge we have together. very neurotypical i think. im using big words so i sound smart

2 Likes

youve been mod for 2 days and youre already calling people villagery in mod chat

4 Likes

If I say “>rand cop” then they should think of the odds of somebody being a cop

2 Likes

yeah

1 Like

hahah how quirky

i imagine it came from katze and chloe, mostly katze. it’s a big MUerism to talk that way. at least it originated that way

so what do you guys say

“this guy is >rand troll”

“wolfy defense” (toxic)

“villagery explanation” (innocent)

2 Likes