Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

But it’s generally considered poor form, and on MU it’s actually banned

Subscribe for more rules history

2 Likes

the only rule i could see it breaking would be rule 5 of the fm rules. but idk if itd actually techinically be against the rules? i think itd be kind of scummy no matter what

2 Likes

It’s one of those things where I’m fine with it, only if other people are fine with it, and I think it could be very funny to do as both alignments, if other people are cool with it

1 Like

It’s not like it would be that hard to counter either, if people went back and fact checked it, that’s why I find it hilarious

It’s funny because you expect to get caught which is why it’s extreemlt funny for both alignments to do because you know you will be caught

it could be funny? but like also in a really tense situation where people are quoting tons of differnt things (esp in a high post game) it would be basically impossibvle to fact check all of it and it would feel kind of bad if someone were using that as a tactic

1 Like

i dont feel like getting caught is a gurantee tbh

1 Like

That’s why it’s banned on mafiauniverse, imagine doing this in fam4

1 Like

I think 1. using it to make extremely high-impact posts rather than slight adjustments is likely to get caught, as people will go back and check context for it/the person you’re misquoting might see, and 2. it only majorly works once, if any person ever gets caught doing it then people will start actually fact checking/even when it’s impossible to fact check they will be skeptical of quotes alone

2 Likes

You just try to persuade people to ita a certain player, player won’t call you out cuz they are dead, most people would go oh we were wrong and not think much of it

I still think banning it is like, fair, and probably better than not banning it, but I disagree that not having it banned is like an Active Issue

1 Like

Most people don’t care enough to do it tbh

1 Like

i dont think its an active issue (if it was then i think there would be a known occurence of it happening within the sites lifespan) but i do think it has potential to be an issue. idk if it should be banned and idk if that issue woudl be big enough or even warrant a ban

2 Likes

eod when youre about to die

1 Like

MUCH to think about

Catgender

or a tense f3

1 Like

No shot in F3, it’s so slow

1 Like

It’s gotta be going fast

Also people have memories. Like. Keep in mind that people will go “huh I never saw that post” and investigate

1 Like