Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

im cat

4 Likes

Well. Do you use people’s neopronouns?

alrighty this is just gonna get worse now so how about we like
take a minute. or an hour. or forever just pause this here for now before things get more heated

5 Likes

why do you think people have to identify as a particular gender in order to be valid in society? that makes literally 0 sense, people aren’t defined by their gender they’re defined by their person

1 Like

iirc you use peoples other pronouns just find so

Yea fair

No I don’t. I often just call people they as a general rule unless I knew they had some strong tie to being male or female

1 Like

nya

2 Likes

either way ill come back to this discussion after dinner Please do not kill each other. @tutuu tag in for me as the transgender with it/its pronouns ty

4 Likes

Well. Skill issue

This is me saying I’m not going to engage further

Where did I state someone has to be a particular gender?

I think you just don’t understand the basis of my thought process.

I think everyone is they/them. I will make certain concessions based off history/current societal state and I will use he or she if someone has a strong attachment to these old ideas of gender.

This reasoning does not apply to neopronouns.

yeah very true. “nobody in their right mind would believe that”

i feel awkward about using “y’all” because im not american. it would sound very awkward if i were to try to pronounce it and i dont think its my place to try to use playful slang when my (english) (verbal) speech sounds somewhat robotic and with a very heavy accent

“you all” is usable if i’m being serious. if im being playful it sucks because im left with no option. so i just say “you (plural)”. it is somewhat amusing to elaborate it like that in brackets

1 Like

do you ever want to like a post for one line that’s has basically nothing to do with the rest of the post but you can’t because you don’t want to be seen as expressing an opinion on the serious part of the post

6 Likes

WHAT

1 Like

nekopopcorn

5 Likes

what i would do is just quote the line you like and say “i agree”. then you can like the whole post if you want, you’ve made your expression clear enough

1 Like

i agree

2 Likes

Meow

That’s fair. I reflexively pushback against rhetoric that’s used by 'phobes which I recognize you’re not, but there are like trigger phrases a cis person says that make get defensive without thinking about it lol

4 Likes