Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

I am asking a voice teacher, and I’m learning that the difference between “theater” and “the” is that one of them is voiced and the other is unvoiced. “F” and “V” are similarly voiced and unvoiced, and “thistle” and “this”. I have received the following on how to make a “th” sound for a non-native speaker.

Start with a d. Then try to get them to put the tip of the tongue between their upper and lower teeth while saying d, the d will distort into an approximation of th and they can clean it up from there.

1 Like

I think I am doing it, thanks arete

Now I feel I’m pronouncing a distorted version of “the eater”

1 Like

d’eater

this is remarkably similar to the description I got from a trained professional lol

2 Likes

Thank you, Arete and the voice teacher

1 Like

when i do it, the tip of my tongue is touching both rows of teeth, and i also feel my cheeks tensing? i’m guessing just to direct the air towards the teeth

i think i’m making the same blowing motion as i make when i make the f sound

Your cheeks shouldn’t feel tense lol? I think I can replicate what you’re doing where my cheeks feel slightly engaged, but definitely not tense.

emailed my advisor… my lord… what have i done

3 Likes

please start making tiktoks i need to learn

3 Likes

not tense, but tensing

if i leave them lax then i can still make the sound but the air starts pushing out the sides

PLEASE PLEASE put money into FinnWolfhardCoin if I dont get people to buy a million dollars of FinnWolfhardCoin i’m gonna run out of time to pay my debt back to the cartel

6 Likes

my original brand deal fell through but i couldnt change the name now nobody is gonna take my Currency Of The Future seriously

2 Likes

1 Like

is it a good investment?

1 Like

As long as you sell right before i dump all of my coins. sure

5 Likes

polyamory op please nerf

1 Like

ok, it’s been a month, who owns tutuu’s avatar now?

3 Likes

I’d have challenged them to a simplified-Yahtzee game for that, but they’re taking a break from FoL.

2 Likes

who wants to play rock paper scissors winner owns the losers pfp for a year

1 Like