Cookie Thread Act 6: Cookie & Thread

We need to get you out of there, what in the actual

What if the spider bungee jumps on you and takes you to God

oh ive seen bigger spiders. hell ive held bigger spiders. just this one was particularly, volumous? it was insanely chunky

the increased size makes it easier to shoot

2 Likes

i think house spiders are just more unpredictable than the Mercury Hellweeper or whatever half of the popular scary spiders are called. they just chill out they act more like snakes than our house spiders

2 Likes

This is actual silent hill horror. You see something terrible but you can’t quite completely understand its shape

1 Like

a great many of the dangerous spiders are native to specific regions and yet still
i’ve had more problems with snakes than brown recluses

The classic, “run straight for the big scary creature who is scared of you, in the hopes that they will be more scared of you than you are of them”

1 Like

I have no idea how to describe it. The “the” in “theater” is pronounced differently than the article “the”, the latter have more of a schwa sound and the former being a stressed “thee” sound. I feel like I’m restating what Arete said and not actually being helpful lol

2 Likes

di-ee-ter

1 Like

Sort of, yes. Maybe try alternating between “di” and “the” (article) and then sliding the vowel sound of the latter to the former? The tongue positions are very close for the initial sound (at least for me) so you may be able to hit the sound that way.

1 Like

The alteration of trying to pronounce theater keeps making me pronounce titer and I’m glad nobody is hearing it

I’m missing the sound that is in front of that “the” to pronounce it correctly, but I’m not sure what it is

-oh, Romanian doesn’t have the th sound

The struggles of ESL people

I think it’s pronounced as tuh

Shall it be cursed the one who decided on the Great Vowel Shift

okay so this is going to be a very bad explanation but basically to make a “th” sound (as used in “theater” or “think” or “breath”) you want your tongue to be sticking out just a little bit past your teeth, touching/almost touching the top row, and then… kind of blow? I don’t really know how to describe it

to make the other version of the “th” sound, the one used in “the” or “breathe,” you do basically the same thing but like. vibrate the air more.

This is exactly how it feels to me trying to teach Romanian to a Russian friend of mine