Dethy - Turbo Edition

Dethy - Turbo Edition

Hosted by @JKBenbot
Cohosted by @Garfooled
Rules and general formatting of this post stolen from Atlas.

Dethy is an open setup created by Dethwing and mildly tweaked by the Mafia.gg Community.
Setup found here, though no Cop-headstart will be given.

Rules:

• Follow the Forum Game Rules.
  • Zeroposting for 24 hours and not meeting the minimum 10 game-related posts every 48 hours will lead to a replacement.
  • Each phase has a hard deadline of 18 hours, though phases may end early in day by someone getting majority which will hammer them, or all people get in their actions at night.

General Mechanics:

• Cop Sanity will not be revealed on death.
  • A sane cop will receive regular cop results
  • An insane cop will receive the opposite of regular cop results.
  • A paranoid cop will always receive a mafia result.
  • A naive cop will always receive a town result.
  • Town member flavors are based off of firsts. Mafia member flavor is based off of lasts. The mafia member has a fake claim they can use, provided by hosts.
  • No exe is a valid vote.
  • If the game takes more than 3 irl days or 72 hours, town loses.

ROLELIST:

• Sane Cop
  • Insane Cop
  • Paranoid Cop
  • Naive Cop
  • Mafia Goon

EXAMPLE PMS:

Town Cop

Adam (Record Of Ragnarok), Town Cop

The first man

Abilities: Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PMā€™ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Town/Mafia.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

You do not know your sanity.

Mafia

Dead Manā€™s Hand, Mafia Goon

The last hand played by Wild Bill Hickok

Abilities:
Nightkill: Each night, PM the mod a player. They will die.
Flavor Safe Bluff: If for some reason you wish to bluff flavor, your safe character is Cook County Hospital, the first civilian Shock Trauma Unit.
Win condition: You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

PLAYERLIST:

1. @Ash
  2. @Magnus
  3. @LittleLee
  4. @Bionic
  5. @Someone

REPLACEMENTS:

How long are day/night cycles?

As a turbo, presumably as long as it takes for us to get through them. I should probably set a hard deadline though.

do you need a co-host?

On one hand, this is my first time hosting, on the other hand Iā€™m not sure how many will play. I donā€™t need one, but if you would really rather than feel free.

if you know how to do it, you do you
if not, I can give a hand

1 Like

(idm helping but if youā€™re more comfortable doing it on your own, lemme know)

Wasnā€™t this mathematically solved or have I been misinformed

1 Like

Yeah, I could use some pointers. Namely in how to loop in a cohost and voting and thanks for taking the offer.

1 Like

I believe the variant where cops get a day 0 search (most commonly run) might have been solved, I donā€™t think this has because its only mention is on Mafia.gg and I donā€™t believe it gives enough info for the same method to work.

1 Like

i can co-host for sure
i got time

Fair

/Join.
This seems like a fun mess.

If itā€™s a turbo game, as in something you just want to zap through, 5/10 minute phases are usually the standard. But go with whatever youā€™re comfortable with.
/In.

When will this start?
I donā€™t quite understand what each cop receives. Like are flips individually and privately given out?

Day flips are as per usual.
Each night, each cop can choose a player and learn their alignment; the results of which are affected according to their sanity.

So a Sane cop choosing the Mafia goon would learn evil; the Insane Cop learns good; and the other two learn fixed results.

I feel like we should speedrun this for the funsies. Throws mafia a bone and all that.

I donā€™t know if the cop abilities are really useful without the headstart modifier. Just play it as vanilla, honestly.

So if I were a cop, Iā€™d know which sanity I was given?

You would not, no.

1 Like