Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

apologize

I’m sorry for not being sorry

also you’re evil + ratio

why did the thread become twitter

Defense post incoming:

Right now, from an objective standpoint, there are three main possibilities: I am town and Arctic is mafia, we are both town, and I am mafia whereas Arctic is town. There is a fourth possibility, where Arctic is bussing me and we’re both wolves, but I think the town will agree that’s a possibility not really worth considering at this point of time.

I will go over these possibilities and present why the possibility where I am scum is unlikely. I know this sounds like I’ll make up some shitty strawman, but rest assured I will try my best not to do so.

My defense mostly relies on two things. The state of the thread, which I think is the one thing in my favor, and general knowledge of me as a player. I suggest that you do look at my town games and my scum games to see what my playstyle is like (if you are bothered enough to check the Forum of Lies archives).

Nappy is Mafia, Arctic is Town - Why I am Unlikely Mafia

Here are some assumptions that you have to make if this scenario is true:

• Let’s assume I’m Mafia. I entered the game at the beginning of SoN2. This means that I would have the entire night to plan, discuss, and catch up to speed with my Mafia friends. This is particularly important because it would also mean that I would have influence over night actions. I would have liked to think if Mafia had a roleblock or a strongman (which they should have in a setup like this where one can reasonably presume the existence of protective roles), I would have definitely encouraged them to use it. Given that wolves don’t seem to contest Arctic’s position in the thread, given how he is universally townread, his results would definitely be more trusted than anyone else. He was also an outted investigative, which would have made him a prime target. Any competent scumteam would be keeping track of claims, and if they were not, I am definitely experienced enough (citation: Marshal 2021) to have made sure that by EoN, we were aware of these claims and had night actions distributed accordingly. However, neither a strongman or a roleblock appeared to have happened on towncore. Therefore, either I am a Mafia who decided not to use these abilities, or Mafia doesn’t have a strongman/roleblock (or has some weird chancy shit that happened to fail). I would suggest that both of these are unlikely.

• This is a weaker argument, but I didn’t realize the truth of the redcheck until going through Kanave’s ISO (I was looking through the ISO the majority of the time after FK asked me for reads, then checking some of the posts they replied to, then looking around from there and then seeing Arctic’s accusation.) My argument is that I think it was clear that I missed the accusation and I think it’s likely that my fellow wolves would have informed me or at the very least make a comment in scumchat, which I always keep an eye on while I’m in thread. The assumption you have to make here is that my scumbuddies never said anything about this that would inform me earlier, which I think is possible but not exactly too likely I think we can dismiss the “all scum are inactive PoE people with Nappy” notion though given that there are multiple reasons why that is unlikely while some of those PoE people were in thread at that time as well.

• I had no influence over this, but the nightkill on N1 on GamblingAddict (who wasn’t read as Top Town) still remains a mystery as to why it happened. You can make the assumption that scum just made a bad nightkill as a result of incompetence or inexperience, but I don’t think that’s likely. Even newbies can tell which players are the most vocal and hence the most dangerous. It was more likely that it was a result of towncore being pocketed by a deepwolf. How does this relate to me? Well, firstly, it opposes the notion that I have strictly pure PoE list, which is important for my previous point that I was not privy to Arctic’s accusation.

• My ultimate weakness as a wolf is my WiM. If I have a low WiM, I struggle to participate and motivate myself to play the game. There have been situations where I haven’t even been suspected, but I still end up losing because I lose the motivation to play, leading to others suspecting me, leading to my eventual downfall. WiM is usually something I can’t control, and I think I clearly have higher WiM after the accusation (even I am surprised lmao). Probably comes from the fact that I feel like my execution could be disastrous to town. I think if I were a wolf I would probably just not put as much effort and let myself be bussed.

Nappy is Town, Arctic is Mafia - Why Arctic Being Mafia is Possible and Why I am Town

• Let’s go back to the third argument regarding GamblingAddict’s nightkill. It would make sense for someone like Arctic to go after GA, granted that the towncore mostly trusted him and having them alive with an incorrect townread on him could serve to this advantage as they could use their influence to support him.

• Arctic specifically chose me as a target since I had nothing going for me. I am, objectively, the easiest target to fake a redcheck on and eliminate.

• My playstyle as a wolf is similar to players like Marshal, I aggressively powerwolf to throw my fellow mafia buddies into the towncore while securing mislynches. Granted, I also am a loud influential voice as a villager, however a large part of the reason why I wasn’t one when I came in this came is a combination of rustiness along with the fact that I didn’t participate in the previous two days of discussion. Unfortunately, this is just my own (albeit honest) speculation, but I believe that if I were a wolf, I would have appeared more confident than I actually am right now. For example, I wouldn’t go easy on FK for how they approached Aelin’s slot and probably attempt to dismantle the towncore so that I can look for a scapegoat if the deepwolf argument ever comes up. Instead, I was a clueless townie who felt unsure of themselves, willing to allow other players to lead the town to victory when I realized that my reads begin to lack strength.

Mafia Laughing In the Shadows - We are Both Town

• Arctic hit a framed Nappy or that they were targeted by a mafia role that switches their results (i forgot the name for it). The first one is possible, I’m not a bad frame target since I was a universal nullread due to my predecessor’s inactivity. The second one is also possible, since Arctic was the only investigate claim out there who also gets the benefit of a towncore
  • I am not accepting the possibility that Arctic is doing some sort of elaborate RT.

Conclusion

I think the thread state suggests the presence of a deepwolf, given the strange nature of the towncore still being alive and uninterrupted in their actions (no roleblocker, strongman), and I think it’s questionable to assume that wolf PRs have been sleeping and actively chosen against their actions or that they don’t exist. Framer or hypnotist roles could definitely exist as well.

I also think that my playstyle overall doesn’t fit in my general meta or my playstyle.

Pffttt this essay feels weaker than I was hoping it would be but oh well yolo.

@Litten @Agent47 @Mistyx @Jarek @Kiiruma @Kanave @Wazza @Zone_Q11 @VooDooSh @Arctic

debate me scrubs

6 Likes

good thing you posted it

now I can ignore it

Is there a TL;DR I can cross reference or something

2 Likes

I literally cannot force myself to read it, there’s a magical force field that prevents my eyes from getting passed the first line

@Agent47 can you pass the force field? Is it strong for you too

The force-field is called the horrendous white glare that wall of text has

also that font :nauseated_face:

1 Like

nah ur lying you’re gonna read it sooner or later

how the hell did you catch me

I’ll read it tomorrow

but definitely not today

why not

Neither of which were clearly used

Reminder: I claim to have protected myself. I could’ve been attacked instead

The second and third option are likely, as well at mafia saving them if they’re limited use/have already used it

Most scum at least is

I assume it’s from them not paying attention, and they just assumed it was a real n0 cop

or he was stabbed because he claimed to be an investigative, which you brought up earlier makes him a prime target

Then what? If you flip green, what will happen to Arctic

Your too late for that

This contradicts what you said earlier, being this

Why wouldn’t your WiM let yourself die

There’s better targets, however.

Obviously

how the hell did you manage to read that post agent

Here you go @Napoleon

my hat is really cool

Btw mist has been acting good today