Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

your personality read is wrong

he admitted that he normally doesn’t care about pissing people off so it’s uncharacteristic that he’s so scared of doing it this game

he isn’t a cautious player
in botf he fakeclaimed a high risk high reward character day 1 as evil, basically trying a gambit and he ended up getting himself killed

You really did not have to add that last part, we already know about dice being a useful thing to make abilities more powerful so adding to it kinda just makes it so mafia doesn’t have to speculate as much. They can just look at it and be like ‘Oh I see that now’

I know that I don’t have to respond to it as it is defending me but I will say, my experience and how I handle the game will be a lot different to what someone considers normal, or what is considered the norm for me, I’m simply being like this due to everyone being mostly well, strangers, therefore my experience and my kind of playstyle changes into a more nice and less chaotic player like I usually am, cause usually i’d take any moment to do some big risk play like Arctic mentioned, but the fact that this is a new game based on reads rather than abilities, I’d rather not screw people over just yet with my normal playstyle, and the fact that I’m with people who I don’t know also changes my playstyle like I said.

cries in my role

I should reword that

I mean cautious, as in being cautious about being wrong. Your example shows that he isn’t scared of doing gambits as scum. That contrasts with his play this game, and the only difference I see in those examples is that this one could easily be explained by being afraid of being wrong, which isn’t scummy if you consider how he approached this game on a macro level.

i wanted to point out to protectives and roles like that tbh

i didnt want a gambit on a protective missing that and a mafia seeing it removing it from play

1 Like

do whatever you want with regards to shark

I think crying is a good option

I don’t think sharks will care about your tears

What is the VC?

If I die N1 this game despite asking for protectives I recommend looking at who doesn’t interact with my reads that are similar to that or just look at how people interact with it in general

last game scum just kind of ignored me making those types of reads because it wasn’t beneficial to respond to those posts

yes scum, that means you should respond to these posts now :’)

1 Like

sharks dont but i do

there are other reasons for the read

i think the reasons to townread shark are way worse than my reasons to scumread him

my reasons to think im good is better than your reasons to think im good

because i saw im good therefore i know i am good

genius move

After trying to revaluate my current town\towny reads, I still feel like Aelin is town. When I first started to try to reevaluate them, I found a couple of problems with their micro play. An example of this is can be seen when they switched from voting Kiiruma to voting me. I had a problem with this originally when I saw it because they never actually followed up on it, and they proceed to list me as a town read a couple posts later in their read list. However, after thinking about that and how I may appear to them, I feel like the vote against me was premature - as in, they were never actually going to follow up on that vote and I doubt that they believed I would be able to be executed. I see more reason for town to vote me there than scum. As scum, you would be thinking about who you were going to execute, and who could be executed and how your votes may appear to others. I don’t think Aelin would vote me there if they thought about that stuff as mafia. As town, you wouldn’t be worrying about that, and you would be worried about who you would pressure next. I think they also realized that it would be hard to pressure me and just left it alone.

I also liked the way they approached the game so far. I touched on it before, but it does feel like they changed their play style in a way that I believe will actually produce results, instead of actually appearing as though they would.

With that being said, the top part is a lot of conjecture from me because I’m in an analytical mood today. I’m more confident with my analysis on shark there as opposed to this read.

There’s also the possibly that Aelin is similar to me where I’m an impulsive mafia, but I’m not sure if that’s the case

This leaves a big problem - where exactly is the mafia? It’s really easy to say that the mafia are all in the null poster but my instincts tell me that this is wrong, but I’m not really sure where to go from there

maybe it’s Arctic but that’s an impossible lynch today so I’m going to ignore that for now and leave it to other people when I die if that is the case

Voodoo fits the archetype of being a reasonable wolf who isn’t taking a lot of risks but I’m not really sure their personality yet so I’ll wait before I try to dig deeper into that

it’s not impossible if you believe