Dicey Dungeons FM (8/15) - Game Thread (MAFIA WINS)

is not if. My b

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

Do you disagree for even a fucking second?
I know claiming isnā€™t good and fishing is a bad look on me.
But holy fuck that ability seems so bad and itā€™s so hard to buy

I have to vote the people that voted me. Why do you think I voted Mist and Aelin?
I voted Shark and then remembered that you voted me so I panicked and voted you to avoid punishment

May I ask why I am being weird? kinda confused on that part tbh

Ok, now, letā€™s just wait for a second here.
Do I believe for even a few minutes that Eli and Eevee come up with a role which is a COMPULSORY OMGUS?

Donā€™t be unreasonable. Whatā€™s so bad if I townread you and will change my vote when I can?

I donā€™t know, you decide.

what would be the point of faking it

ok i believe this
because those votes seemed really out of place

I donā€™t even fucking know but this is so wtf for setup design that I canā€™t even begin to go into just how not ok it is. Like, Iā€™m not saying theyā€™re a wolf for it in particular I just had to comment on it because I want to have faith in our hosts.

I got lucky though because I suspected them at the time. Kind of knew I wouldnā€™t be able to keep my ability secret for long though. Apologies.

Calm down. Take a deep breath.

remember roles are rng based right

could of just been the worst roll they could of got which is why they have to do it

hm

I wonā€™t comment on this.

I saw this problem last game, and I think (I could be completely wrong, though and you are just right) that Iā€™m seeing this problem again. I hope that this post helps you.

Arctic, when you read peopleā€™s posts, thereā€™s much more to reading people besides sorting them into groups. There are different kinds of groups- newer players, experienced players, ect, but the overarching goal of these groups is to give you a handle on how to approach these slots. The problem is that this gives you the illusion that mafia is much easier than that. It is much harder than that when playing with people you do not know.

When you first meet a new person in forum mafia, the first thing you need to do is evaluate their skill at the game. This is the foundation of being able to get a good read on a player - you need to know how good they are at the game. When I was reading Jarekā€™s posts early on the game, I was wary of their posts because their posts originally gave me the impression that they were more experienced than they actually were. Their first post seemed overly dramatic in a way that instantly caught my attention. Their next post seemed as though they were an experienced player who actually didnā€™t care. However, after reading their later posts, I realized that they arenā€™t actually that experienced. That is the first lesson you need to learn. You need to learn how to change your impression of a player by how they write their posts, especially if you never met that player before.

Another thing you need to consider is the fact that players personalities heavily affect their play style, which may give false positives when trying to find scum. It is your job as town to figure out what type of personality the player you are trying to read has, and how that will affect the way they approach the game as either alignment. That is easier said and done, however it gets easier if you practice it more often (admittedly I donā€™t actually practice it as often as I should have, since my play style doesnā€™t revolve around heavily analyzing people unless I feel the need to actually do that). Reading into someoneā€™s personality is how I figured out how Atlas was town last game, I realized that the way they were playing was not actually scummy for them, and I was right, however I wasnā€™t as confident as I should have been when pushing it and let him kick the bucket.

With regards to reading peopleā€™s personalities, take me for an example. The way I introduced this post reveals to you that I hate being wrong, which is a problem I have because it interferes in my actual good reads. Shark is one of my actual good reads because Iā€™m reading into his personality, and I realize that heā€™s simply cautious as a player. You could say that post looks bad on a micro level for an average new player, however the overall approach he has taken this game with regards to labeling Aelin as scummy for pushing a lot of people, instead of taking a more laid back approach to reading Aelin in order to avoid their gaze looks good when you factor in both their inexperience and their personality.

you do not have to confirm or deny, just pointing it out for the others

I know, I considered this but like why make that a thing.
OMGUS is already a painful enough thing on this site.
Itā€™s so just uhhhhā€¦

Also, Iā€™ve calmed down but I still feel ā€˜WTFā€™ in its entirety

Which is why it probably exists as bad roll = bad ability, so I kind of understand where its coming from and I believe thats why they have to do it, but the fact they just outted it now reveals they have a voting centric ability, which outs them as a powerful kind of role on a good roll