Don't Starve - Anonymous TOWN VICTORY!

They hate the meta commentary on Wolfgang being a top tier character worse than the Smash community does.

As of now, I am currently reading back around the 720th post, and I unfortunately have to inform you all that I suddenly lost my motivation to read further. I am uncertain whether this was because I lack real-time interaction, or because of the content started to bore me, but my interest in reading the past posts just… vanished.

It is an odd feeling. I wish to know why WX-78 has Wortox/Woodie as W/W and understand what happened in the past so I can update my own reads, but I just lost the motivation to scroll through the posts.

1 Like

I think WX changed their mind on that one after I suggested they werent W/W. Some people are sheep and some are leaders (wolfgang) I guess :person_shrugging:

Imma be real we are clearly hanging wormwood today so I think we should just choo choo

Sucks for replacement but ah well games the game

This was why I had thought Woodie was not actually new to forum mafia: it is not natural to use the word “lynch” to describe an execution when it is not used in the original post or on the site in general. I did not bring it up at the time because I considered that Woodie might have picked it up from Town of Salem, which is why I asked if they had experience with other social deduction games. They never answered.

Looking back, though, several players in the game had used the word in posts just prior, so I do not think this is the greatest case that Woodie was pretending to be a newbie, especially given they used the word in a list of synonyms rather than on its own.

It’s possible Woodie picked up the word from this post.

I do not think Wolfgang would pretend to be new and then rescind that farce with Woodie as a teammate. Two wolves out of three claiming to have no experience with the game would be unusual. It would completely sacrifice any hope at thread-pull and doom the wolves to be inevitably policied later on. I have a habit of assuming greater competence from wolves than they actually display, but I would hope the team would be more cautious than that.

1 Like

If I were to follow the ideal of competence from wolves, I would say that a wolf would be unlikely to be so greedy as to support the flash-wagon on Wanda here. Woodie’s slot was obviously dead in the water and unlikely to be revived. This would only delay his execution for a day and supporting the wagon would bring extra suspicion onto the wolves that would dampen their ability to survive.

But I try not to make unfounded assumptions. It is entirely likely a wolf would see that wagon on Wanda and believe it to be productive to save a teammate. At the moment, I townread both other players who joined it, and I think this would be the most likely place that a wolf would sit.

I do not think night kills alone can form a case against a particular player, but it is worth looking back through the night kills to ensure they fit with pre-existing theories.

Part of me wonders if Wes was killed while being very wrong. That would explain why a slot that was hard shielding Woodie would die: for the sake of misdirection. If they had two wolves in their townreads, then perhaps the wolves thought that killing them would help them push an incorrect legacy.

1 Like

This is an interesting kill. I can imagine a more inexperienced wolfteam seeing Wendy say that they are the obvious nightkill and believing it. I did not think Wendy was so blatant a choice as they made themselves out to be.

The Wendy kill, of course, makes me suspect Wormwood more, as that is where Wendy had been pushing the most. I think this is a stage where wolves would be willing to go for so obvious an agenda kill. It is slightly odd, given that if Wormwood is a wolf, then the wolves had killed Wes with two wolves in their towncore the night before, but people are not consistent decision-makers.

This is an odd series of posts from Warly.

I had grown to believe Warly was town yesterday from how completely lethargic the game had been as they were a top wagon, but at least one flipped wolf was simply not present, so I do not know how strong my broad game-state reads will be in that context.

These posts are wolfy, at least in the context of the rest of Warly’s play: they do not seem the type to know that questioning why their teammate is suspected draws unnecessary attention, and this feels like somewhat undue focus on Woodie.

That being said, when I look back at the context of this post, Woodie had been being discussed, so it is not damning. It is just enough for me to pull Warly out of my stronger townreads.

1 Like

There is only so much I can post while alone in this thread, and I have a deadline tonight. I will see you all later.

Rip warly its over for you

VOTE: Warly

WELL YOU’VE BURNED MOST OF IT LOL

@WORTOX IF YOU HAVEN’T YET, PLEASE EXPAND ON THIS.

ALSO I SAW THIS LAST NIGHT BUT HAVE YET TO SEE ANYBODY ELSE COMMENT ON IT

IF I WERE A TINFOILER

I WOULD PROBABLY TINFOIL THAT WARLY SPECIFICALLY USES THE PHRASE “SELF-PRESERVATION” HERE, DESPITE BEING NEW, BECAUSE SOMEBODY TOLD HIM THAT’S WHY HE SHOULD VOTE HIS COUNTERWAGON

I MEAN IT’S BACKWARDS, YES, BUT IT IS IN FACT A REALISTICALLY POSSIBLE MISTAKE.

1 Like

Votecount as of post #1301

Warly (3): Wurt, Wolfgang, Willow
Woodie (2): Wortox, Wormwood
Wormwood (1): Wendy

Not Voting (8): Wilson, Wigfrid, WX-78, Wickerbottom, Webber, Woodie, Warly, Wanda