FAM3: REDEMPTION [THREAD 5] - [d4 - TOWN WIN] FAM3 if Marluxion was instantaneously killed (real)

Wut happen
Town win?
Yay

4 Likes

holy shit i was a lost wolf and i didnā€™t even know

5 Likes

game retrospective (design end):

It was good. I think we made roles that people were significantly happier with because we removed the degree of edge and rudeness that was present in fam2. I came into the design with the goal of hyping people up rather than making jokes at their expense. While this did make for ~less funny roles overall (I donā€™t think we can ever top self-poisoner trochi), it meant a lot to everyone. Switching from quotes to blurbs also helped remove the edge since many quotes were just kinda goofy and making fun of people.

I think we needed another pass at mafia. @Ruby gave me a lot of suggestions regarding the mafia roles that sadly didnā€™t make it to the final version. They should have. Stuff like not being able to claim being ransomwared, recalculating the kp of the setup reviewer, and buffing up the d3+ dayvig slightly would have gone great lengths toward ensuring the game was better balanced on the mafia end. Further, a lot of town roles were loud and pretty blatantly village, which was unarguably a mistake. I chalk it up to Grayā€™s understanding of how players handle mechanics to not be ~perfectly transferrable to a site like FoL. If I design next year, I am going to reformat my approach with this in mind. We hilariously miscalculated litten, and the town kp was possibly too good and durable.

As for gushing, the DNDHOOD WENT PERFECTLY ILY EEVEE. holy fuck Iā€™ve never seen stars align as perfectly as they did this game for that role. Seeing people defend their dnd partners in thread under the premise of ā€œI want to play with themā€ is so heartwarming and a sign that everything went perfectly there.

9 Likes

thatā€™s kind of incredible maybe i deserved to be the last miskill. one for the road

3 Likes

I do not know whether I will design again next year. It feels necessary in my eyes, but I donā€™t know. It really isā€¦a lot.

2 Likes

I checked maf chat and I all saw was the word polarised over and over

what does that mean

2 Likes

The Grimace died in a drone strike

2 Likes

I looked the word up in the context of a person and I still donā€™t get it

1 Like

actual answer:

polarised means very obviously one alignment or the other
thereā€™s more nuance but it really doesnā€™t matter

basically, someone with a stark and visible difference between their town and mafia play, which typically leads to them being very easily cleared as town, and being outed right away as mafia

2 Likes

Easy to tell if town or scum because they play different

2 Likes

im now looking trhough some of my past games after believing my maf and town gameplay are pretty similar and like
woah
no they arent
i am so scummy when im scum lmao maybe its just bc its me but like i am SO different as town lmao

3 Likes

aww come on Iā€™m not that obvious :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Well I might be, I wouldnā€™t know.

I win when Iā€™m evil though that has to count for something.

1 Like

Nvm i forgot my wallposts are towny af

1 Like

Poor leafia. 20 minutes after leafia said i would always protect her ashlyn had to inform her i had betrayed her

4 Likes

love u too

Summary

So the town decided to add a new player into the game to save it. Itā€™s JOHN CARTER and right then and there the thread gets up and demolishes the wolves alongside him. It was unthinkable to imagine they had ever gotten so far without JOHN CARTER.

If JOHN CARTER has million number of fans I am one of them, if JOHN CARTER has ten fans I am one of them, If JOHN CARTER has no fans, that means I am no more on the earth, if world against JOHN CARTER, I am against the world. I love JOHN CARTER till my last breathā€¦ die hard fan of JOHN CARTER. Hit like if u think JOHN CARTER best & smart in the world.

4 Likes

@Ashlyn

I appreciate your kind words in scum spec chat. Very gracious. I tend to be a sucker for op roles helping town and leashing them this makes two games in a row now lol. Gg

3 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s my fault I fully take the blame credit

2 Likes

you can put like 90% of the blame on ruby tbh i just encouraged her to keep working on her pet projects while she wasnt sure what to do with them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like