FAM3: REDEMPTION [THREAD 5] - [d4 - TOWN WIN] FAM3 if Marluxion was instantaneously killed (real)

Hang on I’ll leave it up to a poll which I will promptly ignore when I make my actual decision

Should I design next year

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

the guava role used to be incredibly cursed so lmao

Yeah, uh… We got too much cannonfodder for us to lose. Once Mafia got suspected (by Chloe -ibe of the players with the most thread control- no less) it became a matter of time of when they lose.

…one thing that strikes odd as me is the [town : mafia : neutral] ratio; I thought there’d be at least one more Neutral in play.

1 Like

OH ACTUAL IMPORTANT(ish) QUESTION

flavor!!! we did it differently this year (fam1/2 were more ‘user → quote → etc’ and this year we were closer to the anni style of just ‘user → write about them some → etc’

did anyone think that was significantly better or worse?

• heavily preferred quotes
  • slight preference in either direction but not large enough to be significant
  • heavily prefer writeups instead of quotes

0 voters

3 Likes

I didn’t have an account last year so I didn’t do one of these, but both times I’ve helped out with FAM (primarily with design adjustments), it’s been extremely fun and enjoyed the company of the cohosts/codesigners. I truly love the ideas they came up with roles and just everything else, and my contributions were primarily just trying to make everyone else’s ideas the best version it could be.

@Icibalus thanks for coming up with some very funny and just interesting off-the-wall ideas I could never come up with in a million years. Just the perfect amount of “this is fucking deranged” brought to the table, and invaluable codesigner in this regard.

@Ruby similar to the above, you brought some unique and interesting ideas to the table, and my only regret is we couldn’t get all of them to work in time. Thank you for being so receptive to iterating on them, and I’m extremely happy with the state we got the Mafia Shopkeeper role after a lot of back and forth.

@katze I debated being various kinds of insincere here ranging from demanding to be paid to overly saccharine. Instead I just wanna thank you again for being a really great co-host despite your best efforts, and for asking me to help out in the first place.

@Geyde I really enjoyed working with you again on another FAM where you were an ideas workhorse again which is extremely impressive for an anni style game. I’d be happy to do this again with you even if you understandably would like to come up with fewer roles next time around.

@Arete you really killed it hosting, and it was fun getting to know you and bonding a bit over the things we did. You really were the core of the hosting team and the game would just not have functioned very well if you hadn’t been here. Like seeing just how much you were doing made me want to be around more and get more involved so you weren’t having to do quite as much.

And anyways thanks to FoL for being a fun place to hang out even if I’m only here a week out of the year and vaguely on Discord under another name. See you all next year maybe

10 Likes

pat pat

Oh yeah. What was up with that thread by the way? It looks like a C/P of an entire page or smth.

one of the questions on trivia was to find a post that has 1000 words or more
uh
I’ll let you figure out what happened from there

fubuki-confused

1 Like

Oh. WEH, WTF!?

1 Like

i didnt expect u’d post an anime girl gif thats so cute lol

1 Like

It wasn’t a misunderstanding as much as just not thinking about it enough. I am not perfect nor did I really spend a bunch of time considering every role from every angle. My primary concern most of the time was making sure ambiguity, salt score, power, variance, and fun were within the appropriate bounds. In a game like this I would rather do too little than too much because I really want it to be a FoL game by FoLers.

1 Like

:+1:

Kinda tempting NGL, and I wasn’t even the one who killed you in this game.

One issue though: 12/12 phase length.
I already struggled staying up 5 AM to be present in ITA2 in this game. I think I’ll just stay away from mashes for now to get more sleep.

aren’t you banned on mu anyway

well u have an account here now and we counted jaidens foler-in-champs answer as correct soooooooooooo ur a foler now :slight_smile:

1 Like

that was me

sorry that i couldn’t theme after your other miscs i had little info on them but wanted to get your misc hosting mentioned and the elements chosen where just thematic to the abilities i orginally had all but cut down to practical ones

i do hope you liked it atleast a bit

2 Likes

welcome to Argentina

1 Like

I do hope everyone had fun i mentioned in spec
will do a write review later Pathefinder 2 tonight

3 Likes

GODAMMIT I LOVE PF2E

3 Likes