FAM4: Thread 1 - Day 1

cya in dvc

It is, reacting to me calling someone town by saying its w/w its hilarious considering last time i was a wolf on a mash my townlist had… 0 wolves

yeah idc

ok so what you should do, is combine the two functions to get one profit function

Profit(x, y) = Revenue(x, y) - Cost(X, Y)

then take the X and Y partial derivatives of Profit, to find the gradient. Assuming this function is well-behaved and all that, which it probably is because it’d be mean otherwise, you must now find the place where the gradient is 0.

Then, check every place* where the gradient is 0 with calc 3’s second derivative test, to find which ones are local maximums. Then manually compute the value of each maximum, to find the best one.

It’s possible you’ll get an infinite amount of places where the gradient is 0. in which case you’ll need to be a bit clever with how you plug things in to the second derivative test and/or your original function, since you need to find a way to test all those points at once

git gud? stop pussywolfing?

Snowed most of the PL, seems good enough to me chief

ty, i needed that I havent done that calc in 3 years lol

1 Like

snowing isnt real wolfing, its weak and for people who can’t wolfside

ok bye I have to go now
gl with math tho

ty

1 Like

Nice post looks townie!!

wolfisiding is BORING.

thats the word of cowards

what has stick ever done for you (in this game?

stick has been majorly lacking, the v read isnt warranted here yet

OH also there’s a decent chance your X and Y is restricted to, like, only positive numbers
in which case you also have to deal with those edges

Oh I’m
Being talk about

Who is jinrou

alr replied to it zzzz

i liked a callout she did and i felt like townreading it

i am the math blaster