FAM4: Thread 7 - Day 4

FoL Annual Mash 4: Battle for the Cookie Thread

From the twisted minds of @Arete, @Chloe, @Geyde, @lilith, @Lumi, @notblackorwhite, and @Ruby

Hosted on the account @FAMHost

Rules

1. Follow the Global Rules as well as the Forum Game Rules, or else.
  2. Activity and cordial behavior towards your fellow player is expected.
  3. Have fun!

Phases And Timing

• The game will begin 2024-06-03T21:00:00Z. Rolecards will be sent out before then.
  • Day phases will last for 24 hours. Night phases will last for 24 hours.
  • All phase changes will happen at 9:00:00 PM
  • During the night, the deadline for action submission is 2 hours before SoD (7:00:00 PM). Any action submitted after that time will NOT be processed.
  • During the day, actions will open 1 hour after the start of the day (10:00:00 PM) and close 1 hour before the end of the day (8:00:00 PM). Day actions may be pre-queued for a specific time.
  • All players may use In-Thread Attacks during an allotted ITA session, which will begin on day 2. ITAs allow players to publicly attempt to kill other players. (See detailed explanation here.) ITAs may be disabled at some point during the game.
  • All ITA windows will last for 1 hour exactly.
               Window 1 lasts from 1:00 AM→2:00 AM
               Window 2 lasts from 8:00 AM→9:00 AM
               Window 3 lasts from 5:00 PM→6:00 PM
  • Events may begin at any time, but will be scheduled mainly for times of high activity. Events are subgames where players may win prizes, or even death.

Voting

• There is no majority, only a deadline elimination. Whoever has the most votes at the end of the day will be eliminated.
  • All votes must be in the form of [vote]player[/vote] or [v]player[/v] to be counted. Unvotes should be formatted as [unvote][/unvote]. To guarantee that the votecount bot counts your vote correctly, it is best to type the player’s full username; however, shortened names may still work.
  • You may self-vote. Along with this, no-elimination is a valid vote. In cases where no-elim and another vote are tied at the end of the day, no-elim will have priority in the rand.
  • Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.
  • MyLo (mis-eliminate and lose) and LyLo (eliminate or lose) will not be announced, and votes will not be locked. This is not in place for a final 3 scenario.
  • Any votes made after 9:00:00 PM will not count.

The Setup & Rules for Claiming

All roles in this game are based off a user (Character) of FoL, and will feature Abilities & Flavor based on that person, their personality, and memorable moments from their time on the site. These Abilites will be summed up by a Role Name.

You MAY claim: You may NOT claim:
Your assigned Character and Guild, but doing so may carry mechanical risks. Your Flavor text, a short paragraph describing the person your role is based on, either directly or paraphrasing it.
Details about your Abilities, so long as they are paraphrased. The name or exact text of any of your Abilities.
Details about your Role Name, so long as it is paraphrased. Your exact Role Name.

This game is Closed. The exact set of abilities, win conditions, and factions in play is unknown. However, the following details are known:

• The uninformed majority faction is called the Town, and its win condition is this:
         You win when the Mafia and all other threats to the Town have been eliminated.
  • The primary informed minority faction is called the Mafia, and its win condition is this:
         You win if no more threats to the Mafia exist or nothing can prevent that from happening.
  • Other factions, as well as Neutral roles with their own win conditions, may exist.
  • This game is Role Madness; every player has their own, unique ability.
  • No alignment conversion, false flips, game-ending jesters, or direct lies in your own rolecard. Everything else is fair game.

Example Rolecard

Click here for example rolecard

Players

Click here for the playerlist

@Achromatic
@alexandra
@Amelia
@an_gorta_slanktai
@Apocryphal
@Ari
@Artemis
@Ash
@ash4fun
@Ashlyn
@Atlas
@Baudib1
@beancat
@benguinedparbecue
@Bionic
@BradLand
@Brakuren
@bystander
@Cape90
@carbonated
@CarrotyReaper
@catbae
@ChaosNinjaGaming
@spf
@crazynuto
@Creature
@Daeron
@Dum
@dyachei
@ElizaThePsycho
@Ephemera
@firinn (r. @Zone_Q11)
@Frostwolf103
@Garfooled
@Gocj
@gori
@Gorta
@Hallia
@Hazardwaste
@Hehehaha420blazing
@Hippopablompoyeetus
@IcetFeelsPain
@Italy
@jail
@JakeTheWolfie
@Jane
@Jarek
@Jinrou
@Kanave
@katze
@Kelsier
@Kiiruma
@Kork
@Leafia
@LittleLee
@Lucid_Daydream
@Luxy
@Magnus
@Manny
@Marluna
@Marluxion
@May
@Memekingpizza
@Meuh
@Millium
@neil_the_eel
@nutella
@pandora
@Porscha
@Ranta
@Sadbi
@Selkie
@SilverKeith
@Silviu200530
@SirDerpsAlot
@Someone
@Stick
@tris
@tutuu
@Wazza
@WindwardAway
@Yawn
@Zugzwang

2 Likes

Threadmarks

Graveyard

Day 1

Click here for D1 threadmarks

Day 2

Click here for D2 threadmarks

Day 3

Click here for D3 threadmarks

Day 4

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

GUILD PROPAGANDA

Players: Unlimited
Chance of Death: None
Mobile-Friendly: Maybe?
Duration: Submissions close 1 hour before the end of the day
Other Notes: N/A

How to Play:

• Privately submit propaganda for your Guild!
  • If you are not part of a Guild, you may submit propaganda for any guild.
  • Spec chat will vote overnight on which guild’s propaganda was the best. The winning guild will receive three Cookies at the beginning of the next day.
  • Guild leaders may select up to three pieces of propaganda to be posted publicly.
  • All propaganda must be your own work. You may not have another person, or an image generator, create propaganda for you.

How to Join:

• Propaganda should be submitted privately in your rolecard.
  • Each player may submit one piece of propaganda per day.

Reminder: You may not talk or hint about any ongoing events in any non-event chat, public or private, apart from your role PM.

EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

Art Contest

Players: Unlimited
Chance of Death: None
Mobile-Friendly: Probably not
Duration: Submissions close approximately 12 hours after the start of the day (may be adjusted depending on host availability). Voting will take place in the second half of the day.
Other Notes: N/A

How to Play:

• Submit some form of game-related artwork!
  • Any medium is allowed, including both traditional and digital artwork.
  • All participants will receive a small prize when the artworks are revealed. The winning artwork will receive a larger prize.

Restrictions:

• All art must be your own work. You may not use image-generation tools (such as Dall-E or Midjourney), nor get someone else to draw your art for you.
  • You may not claim, soft, or imply which artwork was yours until after voting has concluded.
  • Artworks from players who die after submission will still be posted for your entertainment, but will not be eligible to win prizes.

How to Join:

• Art should be submitted privately in your rolecard.

Reminder: You may not talk or hint about any ongoing events in any non-event chat, public or private, apart from your role PM.

Start of Day 4 Announcements

A King election has started!

Please privately vote in your rolecard for who you would like to be King. Whoever receives the most votes by 2024-06-10T09:00:00Z will be crowned! :crown:

The following setup was submitted for review:

Click here for setup

Perfectly Normal April Fools Setup

10x Town
5x Mafia
5x Triad
5x Council
5x Wolf

Town

JOAT - Kill/Roleblock/Protect
Mafia Cop (Appears as Cop) - Only the Mafia will investigate as evil to this role.
Triad Cop (Appears as Cop) - Only the Triad will investigate as evil to this role.
Council Cop )Appears as Cop) - Only the Council will investigate as evil to this role.
Wolf Cop (Appears as Cop) - Only the Wolves will investigate as evil to this role.
5x Vanilla Town

General Information:
All evil roles are vanilla.
Evil factions don’t know each other exist
All four factions have a factional kill, but only the player targetted by the majority of the factions dies (they don’t know this). IN case of dies, the kill is randed,

The reviewer denied the setup and provided the following justification:

Wow this is going to be a slow game, with 30 people and max 2 deaths per cycle we’re at minimum 10 cycles for a perfect win from any party - this kind of slow game with this many people is bound to be dead by day 6 with everyone just yearning for the sweet release of death. Furthermore, the mechanic of “only the player targetted by the majority of factions” is close to meaningless; more than likely every faction will target a different person (especially if they selected another evil faction). The kill will be randomized every night which is not great for balance, since game advantage is heavily dependent on RNG. Also how would evils interpret what happens when their selected kill just… doesn’t go through if they don’t know other evils exist? Overall an extremely slow game with aconfusing and swingy nightkill, unsuitable to run.

Please privately vote in your rolecard on whether this denial was REASONABLE or UNREASONABLE. Voting will end at 2024-06-10T09:00:00Z!

Logo created here

I wanna be the towniest
Like no one ever was
To catch wolves is my real test
To kill them is my cause

I will ISO across the threads
For this vital chase
Each wolfy post that I have read
Is added to my case

F-A-M (Gotta catch 'em all), it’s you and me
I’ll earn all the guild cookies
(F-A-M)
Oh, you’re my top town
And the wolves we shall bring down
F-A-M (Gotta catch 'em all), a flip so true
Our towncore will pull us through
You teach me, and I’ll teach you
F - A - M
(Gotta catch 'em all!)
Gotta catch 'em all!
F-A-M!

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the thread from benefaction!
To unite all guilds within our faction!
To promote the virtues of lies and dread!
To extend our reach to the cookie thread!
Mafi!
A!
Team Werewolf blasts off up into the sky!
Surrender now or prepare to die!
nuto! That’s right!

Also, trivia answers will be revealed in the event thread shortly. Prizes for the trivia winners will also be sent shortly.

1 Like

Night 3 Deaths

Artemis died!

Click here for flip

Text-based rolecard

Atlas died!

Click here for flip

Text-based rolecard

crazynuto died!

Current rolecard

Current text-only rolecard
Original rolecard

Jane died! They can post 5 times during this Day!

Click here for flip

Text-based rolecard

nutella died!

Click here for flip

Text rolecard

WindwardAway died! Her role will be revealed when another King has been elected!

A player was successfully anti-claimed during the Night!

Living players

Achromatic
an_gorta_slanktai
Apocryphal
Ari
ash4fun
Ashlyn
Baudib1
beancat
BradLand
bystander
carbonated
CarrotyReaper
ChaosNinjaGaming
Creature
Dum
dyachei
ElizaThePsycho
Ephemera
Zone_Q11
Frostwolf103
gori
Hallia
Hazardwaste
Jarek
Kanave
Kork
Lucid_Daydream
Marluna
May
Memekingpizza
Meuh
Millium
neil_the_eel
Selkie
SirDerpsAlot
Someone
Wazza
Yawn
Zugzwang

2 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LET’S GO

I’m not outed Town. Stop saying that I am.

I targeted nuto with my cannon last night

1 Like

huh

Jane are… you actually Jane

2 Likes

Oh welp lots of town died

also WAIT I have an idea

Jane are you allowed to like posts
like this post if yes

WAIT NO

NOOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT READ AMLEIA’S CARD

hello nya it seems i have contracted a disease nya