FAM4: Thread 8 - Days 5&6 (TOWN IS VICTORIOUS)

*skims over my own flavor*
Yeah, uh… I appreciate the role, but it is so long…

I like the variety of abilities, but I don’t like the essence of randomness. (Achro taught me the value of player agency.)

1 Like

this is so funny to me lmao. achro was talking about this in dvc.

discrete randomness is fine in specific areas in low volume. a d36 joat is a role that’s intended to just feel absurd rather than particularly useful and frankly doesn’t really work without the randomness. In a way, the randomness is a feature because it allows the player to wait until the host tells them what their ability is at night rather than having to read the entire role. I’m not going to say that a d36 joat is a good role (it’s not), but FAM’s tend to be a little goof troop and it’s mostly a joke so it’s fine.

6 Likes

Mmn. A joke role. I like that.
(Time to make a setup based on this role. :muscle: )

1 Like

i’m gonna wolfclaim and you’re gonna like it owo

1 Like

fuck u owo <3

1 Like

gg you’re welcome for carry

5 Likes

@Chloe I think this was a FoL game because I think I go lynched d2 in this, do you have the name

it’s a Luxy quote, did we announce it as yours?

Events were very fun also and I enjoyed them a lot :)

4 Likes

oh wait nvm i was looking at Chloe’s guesses in discord

I feel like in the case of your role it ended up not being ‘too long’ as the joke was the length

over 2k words is a level of ridiculous that is entirely unnecessary but it cooks

gg town

I don’t believe SPF or Stick ever expressed an incorrect read in thread. Sabi/Katze/GocJ/Jane/Atlas all great as well. But I think this game wasn’t about the top players being great, just that the town as a whole played better than us and outposted us every day.

Not one of my better games as it was very difficult to wolf against 10-12 of the same people for 10 straight game days, I had to change everything in my posting style to not raise suspicion for a few days.

Shoutout to Dya who made it closer than it should have been, fun wolf team, sorry we couldn’t pull it out.

11 Likes

I was convinced Insomnia was LW for three days btw.

4 Likes

SO MY TINFOIL WASN’T ENTIRELY OFF-BASE

me too

1 Like

Oh and because these were never publicly revealed, my FoLer trivia guesses:

• I sprained my right knee at least a year and a half ago and it still gives me trouble: Baudib1
    • Incorrect, I just picked it off cadence/grammar
  • me and may had a fight in KRC over zugzwang’s home community: gori
    • Correct, May Bias
  • I have tracked over 150 games of botc on a spread sheet and have other stats on it about botc.: Memekingpizza
    • Correct, PoEd who plays BotC using the Discourse search function
  • I have never climbed a mountain: Atlas
    • Incorrect, I knew Atlas submitted a bullshit fact last time and so assumed this was her again
  • i once taught my crush how to ask their crush out: nutella
    • Incorrect, picked nutella off of all-lowercase (Ash you trickster)
  • Iv been a part of FoL since before the current site existed: SirDerpsAlot
    • Correct, I knew this
  • i find collecting posters interesting, half of mine room is filled with 'em: crazynuto
    • Incorrect, just picked off PoE/typing style
  • I have been a beta reader for 4 fantasy novels written by a fellow mafia player: Hallia
    • Incorrect, I didn’t know anybody on FoL who wrote fantasy novels so I knew it wasn’t a FoLer, just picked a random one
  • I’m allergic to Epoxy: Ash
    • Incorrect, I thought Ash would be more likely to capitalise epoxy
  • I have heterochromia and a split left earlobe.: May
    • Correct, due to being me
  • I have been in a marching band that was hosted in Disney World and Disney Land. Also I can play the clarinet.: Kelsier
    • Incorrect, also was pretty much PoE/typing style
  • i’ve been in a movie: dyachei
    • Correct, guessed off of vibes + age estimates + typing style
2 Likes

@May

We all know I am the only winner here :)

2 Likes

oh game ended I wasn’t paying attention

2 Likes

That’s not as nice as what you said you were gonna tell me in wolf chat

@Ashlyn holy shit you got a scumread right

2 Likes