[FEEDBACK] The Downtick in Humanity on FoL

ehhhhhhhh
I don’t think the existence or inexistence of a forum rule changes people’s willingness to send death threats or doxx people. I think that doesn’t happen here because the people at FoL are simply unwilling to do that over a forum game
what I will say is I have seen people weaponize drug addiction on this forum before, I don’t think that should be allowed and should net a force replace

2 Likes

Let’s say someone is being pressured because people think they are mafia (they are), and then, this person goes on a whole rant like

“ugh this is so annoying LITTERALLY EVERYGAME that I play people keep saying, you are mafia you are mafia you are mafia. Like just stop. I am never mafia, and I am not mafia here. It honestly is discourgaging me to continue playing the game because of how toxic people keep treating my sloot, and honestly I wish I was mafia, because then I could atleast have some fun playing the game. Mafia is just not fun anymore because you just have so many rude people constantly berrating you over miniscule things that you don’t have any control over. I really can’t take it anymore how much pressure is being put on me, and it’s making me not want to post anymore”

1 Like

I think the majority of people on FoL share that opinion

3 Likes

right, i dont get what you said earlier. if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me

you aren’t an asshole for scumreading this person, if thats what you were asking, for my opinion. if they chose to post this post in the mafia thread its part of the game and you are free to talk about it. if they complain about it they are weaponizing their emotions and thats bad

I’m agreeing with you.

I’m saying AtE takes away from game and instead leads to the game becoming a moral judgement on yourself rather then a social deduction game

2 Likes

Seconding, I don’t like AtE not even because it stresses me personally out, but because other people listen to it and end up clearing others because of it, making it difficult to play the game without putting on bigger emotional displays yourself and potentially being resented or labelled an asshole because of it. And the effectiveness of AtE heavily depends on your reputation/relationships within a community - if people like you, they’re more likely to care about your emotions. I think AtE ends up tying together out-of-game relationships with in-game actions too much - it’s an integrity issue for me.

5 Likes

Alternative response to tihs thread: [Angela Lobotomy Corporation voice] The disease of humanity

1 Like

fake AtE would pickup as a strategy and it would become less viable for clears to happen that way

but also if you’re on the topic of discussing unfair clears, we have a much bigger problem than AtE ever would be regarding that

1 Like

volume clears are worse then AtE clears imo

…whenever I’m a wolf in a game where get cleared off of AtE, I’m always tempted to put on a massive show, to lay it on really thick, just to fuck with them for reading into AtE. I’ve done it before on Discord BotC. Just put on a huge public display of stress after I’d already basically locked in a victory because I was mad about AtE. Not a great thing to be doing. My own personal flaw I think

3 Likes

good way to get yourself policy chopped d1 in your next game. i think you should do it

The problem is that there’s a large portion of people who either struggle to fake emotion or morally refuse to, meaning fake AtE as a strategy isn’t as likely as, say, bussing to reach a critical mass where it stops being clearing. That’s why I don’t like it - while people know me and know I’ll fake AtE and don’t clear me for it, there’s a large portion of the site who can be reliably cleared off such because they’re too soft morally opposed to actually fake that kind of thing.

3 Likes

Yes. there’s a massive issue regarding unfair clears which are embedded in some players atm imo

thats a mafia issue lol

i think the issue ive seen like this of is when there has been emotion, and no matter what its relation to the game is its treated like a metric like everything else instead of an actual person being upset. I don’t agree with how the issue is displayed here in op but I do see an issue in mafia as a whole with treating real people like mechanisms in a machine instead of humans who will sometimes need a time out and wounds left to heal

more anon games where mafia has an identity vig is the solution obvs

2 Likes

I didn’t say it wasn’t

more non-anon games with identity vigs tbh

5 Likes

a meta where wolves feel forced to AtE to mimic their town game is, to me, on one side very fair from a competitive level because their flip is still a question mark. but on another hand i’d feel like it’s optimal to dodge such a player in sign ups thread. signing up for a game already knowing that that person will AtE - at that point i personally wouldnt even bother, its doomed

3 Likes

there’s obviously a lot of thoughts I have against both of your posts but I am unwilling to spend the time writing up wallposts attempting to convince people otherwise when I know the majority of people disagree and probably won’t change their minds anyway, so I’m going to leave the AtE discussion here with you & may’s posts. I am not willing to fight for it being changed against the masses

3 Likes