[FEEDBACK] The Downtick in Humanity on FoL

Plus appealing to emotion with the whole “look into my eyes and tell me I’d fake this as wolf” ends up being trust-tell shit because you’re essentially staking your reputation with others on you being town. It’s like making a monetary bet in a game to me. Obviously this could be solved in a community in which doing this as wolf wouldn’t harm your reputation, and I wouldn’t mind if AtE was allowed in such a community, but I don’t think FoL is that way

Anyway yeah we don’t gotta debate this if you don’t wanna

(If you do this, you get -reputation with me regardless of your alignment because it makes you unpleasant to play mafia with.)

1 Like

poor May, expanding off their point only to find out the person they were replying to had no intention of replying back on the same topic :sob:

1 Like

anyone here fw radiohead

Do you think I talk to hear your response? I talk to hear myself talk. Nothing more.

3 Likes

(they would only get -reputation with me if they do it as town. if they’re a wolf i forgive them for lying because they’re supposed to lie and in this specific example (if its word for word verbatim) they’ve broken no rules)

2 Likes

of my last two games on the site 50% of them have had people being excessive with AtE so from my very limited point of view (I had no involvement with anything mentioned in OP whatsoever) I personally would consider “people using too much AtE” to be much higher up on my issues list than “AtE being too regulated” lel

7 Likes

(Okay yeah I admit I’d probably give +reputation for doing that as a wolf. Because it’s extremely funny and they were just doing their job)

2 Likes

the reality of it is it’s a sliding scale and some people’s emotions are gonna feel restricted by the line no matter where it is drawn while other people will still think the line is way too favorable for AtE

2 Likes

do you talk to get cheers and flowers thrown on stage and potentially a pat on the back from a grandfatherly figure who says “nice work son”

No I’d probably want to kill the grandfatherly figure for being condescending. I don’t like when people are fatherly or grandfatherly or generally familial to me they feel too biased like they’re only trying to make me feel good about myself. Maybe a professorly figure who tells me I’ve done well?

yah

I’m not a mod so I don’t draw that line at all, and I’m sorry you feel like you’re on the other side of it, but at the end of the day the attempt being made is to draw a line at the best possible compromise of a location on that sliding scale

It will not be perfect for everybody and never can be

Feedback like this is not bad just because of that, but it is something that I think definitely needs to be understood when having this conversation

3 Likes

LISTEN TO THETHING I SENT YOU WEEXER

Okay theres alot to unpack here i think

1 Like

ok i cna do that

I was stronger
I was better

wakt can u send kt to me again i lost it

i need a lowkey hater of mine to say “damn not bad” to feel anything

1 Like