FoL Music League

people still look at me funny. how was I supposed to know this comical sequence of events would happen

3 Likes

it was the only song I skipped bc it was so bad even without ur wild story u are completely justified

i deserved more votes for my song tho so we still aren’t on squeaking terms

2 Likes

I was like “this has to be anyone but ybw because ybw would never dare submit this when kesha cooked so much harder” sorry bestie. nobody beats the goat. if u just outright subbed tik tok by kesha i’d have given it atleast 4 votes

3 Likes

i also love kesha but ash bricky’s cover fucks and I wanted to force people to listen to it

wake up in the morning feeling like p diddy

1 Like

Songs are due today!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

that was tough because all of the songs i wanted to submit were things everyone would probably hate

oh well

3 Likes

My win is inevitable anyway. It’s gg.
(I place last)

2 Likes

you can win
in return i yoink your choices into my playlist

2 Likes

@sulit song due in like 5 or 6 hours or something

@pandora, can you please put this in the OP?
Thanks!

1 Like

Me when I accidentally give points to the wrong song.

Whoops.

This will haunt me for the rest of my days.

Was it mine

I have no clue.
Will try and piece together who the owner is before the round ends.

mine was the banger. You probably meant to give 10 votes to mine and accidentally voted somebody else’s. Its ok

2 Likes

I think the voting system is silly, how you’re limited to 10 votes and it’s not just listed voting
But that’s fine I can work with this

1 Like

So this can be changed in three main ways:

1. As I posted earlier, you can cap the number of votes a person can give to a specific song. For example, if we cap that at 5, Marluna would only be able to give the Game Theory song a 5 instead of a 9. This would prevent any one person from single-handedly giving a song and its selector an enormous amount of votes, and I’d recommend it if we ever hit, like, 15 people, but we’ve agreed to not to use it yet because that swingy nature at this player count is part of the fun and isn’t as big an issue.
  2. You can raise the number of total votes a player can give. This is nice for giving players more flexibility, but it also devalues votes.
  3. We can add dislikes. This is great for stuff like Marissa’s…incident, where you despise a song, but it’s never great to have your song be disliked and for your vote count to go down, and I really don’t like that they’re mandatory if included.

If I were fully committed to my vision, I’d cap the single-song votes at 5 or 6, raise the total votes to 12, and give each player 2 dislikes per round, but I felt that for our sophomore Music League, I was taking enough risk as is with the more complicated prompts.

I dont like dislikes they feel bad to get and to give

But i like the cap per song and raise to 12 votes

2 Likes