FoL Music League

the submitter posts a song they like but think we will hate
we upvote based on how much we like the song

but like

thats dumb

why would i submit a song that i think people will dislike when my goal is for them to like it

2 Likes

i was going for
“pleasantly surprised” when your song gets a vote

1 Like

i can change this category as well if enough people dislike it

1 Like

i’ll. freely admit im kinda nervous on even qualifying because my music taste feels sterotypical

1 Like

yea idk maybe im being stupid about wording here but the category name feels off for what is sounding like not that far off a wildcard category

I think “song you like but wouldn’t submit otherwise because you’re worried what people would think” is a good enough wildcard category but the name is a little off

2 Likes

That being said I’m having trouble deciding just one submission to this category

bro people sure fucking tried to rate how nostalgic I felt about my own song last round :joy_cat:

1 Like

for what it’s worth I would generally try to avoid running a category in the vein of “submit something people won’t like”

have you tried feeling more nostalgic

shit u rite

anyways I was in a non-FoL thing that was pretty similar and somebody suggested changing the round that was along these lines into a sort of “guilty pleasure” category

and I think that worked out super well

4 Likes

no longer are you trying to target dislike at all, it’s just something that you like in spite of the fact that you know most people would find it weird lol

1 Like

*raises hand*

hmm… but would it be in a “this is atypical music” type of way or a “im not allowed to like R. Kelly in 2024” type of way

3 Likes

I assume based on where we’re coming from it would be the former mostly but imo overly restricting categories is generally less fun

1 Like

let people be creative

as long as their “creative” isn’t “ima submit a song with 3 billion spotify plays” i guess :stuck_out_tongue: