[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win

thepigeonnyc (6): min, Mistyx, Jaiden, Magnus, epitau, May
epitau (5): ElizaThePsycho, Apocryphal, thepigeonnyc, Kanave, Achromatic
Magnus (3): Zorvo, PoisonedSquid, Leafia

These were the votals after May who was on epitau for a bit went back to Pigeon.

If we give any credence that wolves would have liked to keep pigeon around, then your options for Epitau being wolf motivated if Eliza is V are dead, dead, Kanave, and me. So just we’d be down to just Kanave.

Kanave is… voting Magnus currently. Eliza is not voting.

On the pigeon side min is on fellow pigeon enthusiast Jaiden, May is on Eliza, Mistyx is on Squid, Jaiden is on Zorvo, Magnus is on Misty, epitau is not voting.

Squid and Leafia remain unconvinced of Magnus and are voting right where they were yesterday.

Yeah. I’m interested. Misty hasn’t exactly been the best after all and it’ll help clear up my Achro paranoia.

VOTE: Misty

No idea how that quote got there.

Eliza could very well be repeating Pigeon’s mistake, having reads without justifying them, lurking in the thread without speaking up. At the very least, that’s what I would’ve assumed if it weren’t for this post:

I understand real life comes first. I haven’t been as active today, and I’m missing EoD as well. I can understand lacking the motivation to read through hundreds or thousands of posts, or even dozens if you’re tracking player posts individually. What I fail to understand is basing a read on a lack of foundation; it’s not necessarily scummy, but it’s low-effort and effectively useless, if not outright detrimental.

I don’t like to judge players, especially not for a reason like this, but even if Eliza is a villager here, voting and sticking to a wagon without necessarily knowing the reasons behind it is… upsetting to me. At this point, I’m pretty sure Eliza won’t be back before EOD. I don’t know Eliza well enough to know whether it’s normal, but I thought I understood why you wanted to vote her out here. If you’re planning to reveal your coup de grâce near the end of the day I’ll probably miss it, so I’ll take your word for it.

Despite that, most of the votes are divided, moreso than yesterday. At this rate, any couple wayward votes could determine the way this day ends. Which is scary if the performance yesterday is repeated, although unlike D1’s EOD I have the sense that everyone is happy with these wagons. If only the votes could’ve been consolidated, that would’ve helped a lot. May’s request for everyone to vote their biggest suspect, coupled with… this day, certainly didn’t help.

Interesting to compare Mist and I, since I haven’t noticed that. Then again, I know Mist from one game, where I didn’t really interact with her. I would’ve compared Eliza and Mist, since the latter also appears to have missed a lot of time this game due to real life activity. Yes, I repeat I understand. Unlike Eliza, I certainly think Mist has the potential to be active in the next coming days, and won’t be surprised if that’s the case, because I’ve seen it this game.

O

I remember you tinfoiling Mist/Achro. What was the logic behind that, again?

Well, to let the cat out of the bag…

Day 3 last game when she was wolf against me she kept making promises to ISO that she never kept and stalled and eventually did like one and then EoD she missed it and I thought to myself “well wolves wouldn’t really do that.”

Like I said she was wolf.

I don’t know Misty’s wolf range, but I have seen Eliza’s and this looks like a spotless image of it now that we’ve had two days of it.

These wagons please me all around though, but I’d expect @Leafia to recall this since she was alive when this happened. Min and Zorvo I think stopped paying attention after they died.

I wanted to wait as long as I could to see if she would come back unprompted per se by this tell to be like “boom, isos” but you know it’s 4 hours to EOD she’s had enough time.

George S. Patton Jr. once said “You shouldn’t underestimate an enemy, but it is just as fatal to overestimate him.”
I wasn’t around last game, but I’m intrigued.

My stance is lynch Eliza and have people question Misty tomorrow under threat of shoot shoot. Misty is around to be questioned, Eliza has not. So if we lynch Misty and do the reverse plan then it’s just going to be ‘idk’ but Misty provides utility in that she actually says quantifiable things to be judged.

This personally makes sense to me. My focus has been meh today (by my standards), but some order of Eliza/Misty/Jaiden being dead before Night 4 depending on flips makes me happy.

I like this use of our confirmed town gun owner to get pressing answers.

Part of me doesn’t like revealing my hand this early but frankly you’re one of like four people in this game who engages in theorycrafting so whatever x(

1 Like

This also provides even more utility when I consider if Misty is questioned and then shot as town because then for the rest of the day we have a good player who is confirmed. Sucks to lose a town to a shot but yeah.

I haven’t played this before so I haven’t fully mapped out the best use of town gun tomorrow.

Lynch Eliza, shoot Misty (also depending on who has the gun I suppose, guess that’s a wrinkle) and if Misty is town then you get IC Misty for the rest of the day dropping content and thoughts.

1 Like

There are a few flaws in your plan, depending on the Mafia composition, but this plan generally makes sense to me. VOTE: ElizaThePsycho.

The main concern is that unless Epitau is Mafia, this is our likeliest shooter, unless they say five more messages prior to EOD.

2 Likes

If Epitau is the shooter I would pray to God they just listen to the endless pings to do as is asked.

Although yeah if they don’t post more then that slot probably will be a lot more chill.

I haven’t interacted on a good scale with any of these four backups, so if anyone knows what they’re like and could share their thoughts, that would be appreciated.

if molly is the molly I have seen she has a pulse (I dont remember anything else), Arctic is a great player, SDAL I have not, and Proph is an old friend of mine and an excellent mafia player.

1 Like

If Jaiden’s like this, would they intentionally spare you at night for the same reason?

Well on my home site it’s “instant re-eval” or I look at the player list and see which wolf likes to have adventures.

It would not surprise me but also in general unless I know the players involved I am not a giant fan of speculating because I feel like I am just using my vanity instead of what’s in front of me.

How large is the Gamefaqs Mafia community?

These days not too big. Around 30-35 players play semi-regularly and we run one game at a time usually between 15-21 players in a game.

Over the years we have had a lot of people pass through though.

2 Likes

No.i said thst Misty/Achro were unlik ed ly to be w/w.

Yeah, Eliza did this exact thing that she’s doing now last game come to think of it.

*unlikely