[Game Thread] Morbtainado - Morbfia EPIC win

Now for try #2 at sleep. :sleepingleafeon:

I like how misty was looking for why leafia town reads me and leafia is like ‘alright time to tinfoil’ x(

Although pigeon came off very sincere to me in our direct interactions and epitau to that point had done nothing. I think it is possible that the epitau wagon had wolf motivations to begin with (see eliza) so fair enough but also i feel like the epitau push ultimately is going to benefit town because i cant imagine a wolf responding like they did. I just wish they would post more.

As for me not dying can we at least wait until i have died once night one on this site before implementing rule # 1 paranoia please x)

(Rule # 1 is if achro is alive kill achro because on my home site I am very often the n1 kill. Tbf i too expected to die but i also expected to die last game too. Half joking half glancing at eliza who along with leafia did not kill me until n3 last game like ‘pattern recognition’?)

This game is like a rescue home for people who die first too often back where they usually play. They can’t kill us all N1

1 Like

Instead the wolves snuck into at least a couple town homes and killed people’s ability/will to play x(

Its really the only troublesome thing with low power setups is there isnt a balance of powers to offset this.

How morbid.

Allow me to interject with my current thoughts on the matter.
It’s the second half of the second day. Not much has been happening. The current leading wagons are myself and Eliza (grammatical structures be damned, I have more votes than Eliza). Mafia quite clearly hasn’t been active, which suggests neither of us are evil.

I had strived to defend myself yesterday, and Achro had been trying to save me, but we both independently know our own alignment, and it’s not wolfy to defend myself anyway. I’m losing my nerve on this vote, and I’m sure others can understand why even if they don’t agree with it.

VOTE: Jaiden to shake things up.

I am actually willing to play ball again, how exciting.

Changing my reads for the sake of prospering trust.

Similar to the Pigeon vote, Eliza’s flip seems to provide information only if they flip Mafia, and they don’t seem to be the greatest execution here either. In this matter I’d rather VOTE: PoisonedSquid again, and not because they’re voting me.

I agree on this part, I was gonna personally pressure them myself but I looked at their ISO and there wasn’t anything in it I directly disliked. They can still be a wolf but doesn’t mean I can’t think their ISO looks good.

Yeah we mind melt too much, you gotta be town.

I’m gonna be completely real with you here.
Who do you think gets night killed tonight?
I’d think Achro no? well if you think they are a wolf who exactly is taking the night death? Leafia?

I suppose I could also ask who gets the gun? I personally am hoping I receive the gun.

no I think it is a definite not W/W.

The one duo group I am paranoid on it being W/W is May/Mist

wow I actually have a similar thought to you.
The fact you are noticing that Eliza wagon was turning into what could be a repeat of what the Pigeon wagon was, you seem more promising here.

I don’t want Squid today only because I really liked one of their posts they made, now that I kinda like your thought on this one I’ll tell you what I’ll offer you a compromise vote.

VOTE: Mistyx

@Achromatic
@Leafia
@May
@min

I believe you 4 have stated concerns on the slot, (could be mistaken on Min) I have now decided to start a wagon there if you are interested.

Which specific post was that?

On my phone atm and i wish to keep a couple cards close to my vest until closer to eod. I have some ageeements and disagreements with points made but lets see what other less vocal people have to say.

Will ask you to clarify this thought though.

Actually my partner wants to play games and we only have eight hours left.

So we have a bit of a polarized problem right now. Which is i appear to be the only one willing to dig through the game and we might live or die by my rough guess of things with minimal solving from other slots. This is not good. In champs this was the style and i got one wolf in five days because i had a flawed perspective because town leader trying to sort through bare posters isnt going to have a good time.

So we talk about information right now but who is going to go back and case the previous days and look for connections. Because while i havent yet it is probably wrong to say we learned nothing from town pigion it is just no one has made a big effort to examine the rise and fall of counter wagons day 1

I think it was leafia earlier who mentioned wolves would benefit from epitau going over as people would get right back on him.

The thing that leads me to eliza is that why is the person with no reads besides like one stepping out to start a counter wagon late eod1? I did that with may a little earlier. It is in my player profile to make that play. With eliza it feels arbitrary. There is a lot of wolf equity in a player who doesnt have reads but has commentary on wagon formations not only day one but day 2 as well.

Not only that, but to the critique that she doesnt tell us a lot as town… thats probably not true as i feel like eliza has been pn a lot of people’s lips. You just need to look for it. Anyone flipping eod 2 not providing you information is, respectfully, a skill issue.

Additionally, and this is going to sound… not nice and i will try to be gentle but there are a lot of worlds where a wolf team would be delighted to have v!eliza around into late game not having any reads and not doing much.

Epitau clearly shares this problem but with almost no wolf equity.

Jaiden if town at least has a sharp tongue to defend herself in later days but her contributions also are not up to snuff today. She has her reasons, for whatever that is worth.

Everyone else marginally knows how to contribute and can be questioned properly in later days.

Now the problem with this is that spicier wolves flipping wolves would very likely be a huge blow to the team. Magnus and misty would fall into this category. On the flip side if they are town we lose one of the top half of voices and then get to watch another one get shot tonight before someone of the wolves choosing has a gun.

Its important to understand these things before deciding. I try my best to work on equity. I dont always need to lynch a wolf to be satisfied with a lynch day if i think it makes wolves lives harder. Sometimes though we make wolves lives easier and thats worst case scenario.

Game state puts me in a bind. All of this is also ignoring the whisper that i am alive day 2 for a reason. Just a whisper for now but it isnt hard to look at my list of strong town reads and go ‘uh oh’

Those are my thoughts for now.

1 Like

BRB, listing notable events for D1 out of spite.
Also this is interesting:

• Eliza and Apocryphal RVS each other.
  • Leafia jokes about randing wolf.
  • Apocryphal and Achromatic townlean each other as the first reads of the game.
  • Apocryphal verbalises her intention not to leave Leafia alive until endgame.
  • Leafia and Mist agree that the above townlean was stupid, Leafia finds Apocryphal’s intention scummy.
  • Mist votes Achromatic w/ explanation.
    Leafia votes and unvotes Apocryphal soon after.
  • Apocryphal dislikes Pigeon’s entrance.
  • Leafia RVS’s Magnus to bring him online.
  • Jaiden and Achromatic RVS each other.
  • Jaiden reads Achromatic/Pigeon as T/T or T/W.
  • Kanave votes Leafia w/ explanation.
  • Apocryphal reads Kanave/Leafia as T/T or T/W.
  • Eliza reads Apocryphal/Kanave as T/T or T/W.
  • Magnus reads Leafia as wolf.
  • Mist votes Magnus.
  • Squid townleans Jaiden.
  • May votes Leafia.
  • Eliza defends Leafia and scumleans Magnus.
  • Mist reads Leafia/Apocryphal as T/T or T/W.
  • Pigeon votes Leafia and scumreads Eliza.
  • Apocryphal townreads Leafia.
  • Mist townleans Kanave, Magnus, Jaiden and Leafia* as Town.
  • Zorvo defends Leafia and votes Pigeon.
  • Squid “could be attempt” Mist quote pairing scum/town drama.
  • May votes Pigeon, thus starting the wagon.
  • Zorvo scumleans Squid.
  • Leafia scumleans Magnus.
  • Zorvo and Achromatic vote Magnus.
  • Leafia townleans Achromatic.
  • Achromatic reads Squid/Jaiden as T/T or T/W.
    *… I can’t be bothered listing every little thing anymore.

It’s telling that Eliza and Epitau are the only nonvoters remaining.
I will listen to Zorvo’s proposition and will VOTE: Mistyx, although I’m not opposed to pres-voting Eliza should conversation not move forth in the next couple hours. Once again, I won’t be present for EoD.

If we could get people away from Magnus and onto competing Eliza and Misty trains this eod would please me much more tbh.

1 Like

I can’t really blame any villagers for voting me, to be honest. There are a number of valid points. If I return tomorrow and I’m dead, I won’t be surprised — although I’m not resigned to that particular course of action.

Your argument is effectively “even if Eliza flips Town, it’s okay”. The proposal is to execute Eliza not because she’s necessarily a wolf, but because Eliza alive may become an increasingly large liability to the Town. Then again, it’s preferable to vote an actual wolf here so we can spare another day. With that mindset, it seems more likely that Mist flips wolf here, whereas Eliza is less likely to provide useful content in the future.
I was wondering why the vote count seemed so much smaller today, before I realised Pigeon and Apo were removed.

If we’re voting a player purely based on conduct, Epitau would be the way to go. If we’re voting on Mafia!chances, Mist would be the best choice. Voting Eliza just seems like a compromise you’ve come up with.

Hmm, not quite. There are a couple of things I am not saying out loud yet to not poison the well that make me vote Eliza atm. Although yes I can see why you might have thought that was the biggest compelling reason based off what I have said. Although what do you specifically think of my concern about Eliza’s lack of reads vs wagon commentary? ;o

I feel as if there isn’t a strong case on you after the flurry of posts you made to be honest. Your commitment to forging a wagon with someone you didn’t get along with for the better part of two days is townsiding after all and also I like where you placed your vote.

But also I think what you say is oversimplified. Misty has done quite a few things I find strange if we’re building a wolf profile of her. She is strangely confident in her own position in the game for a wolf - A trait that reminds me a little bit of your own presence actually. She is also believable in that she is suspicious of me with the tone she has taken with me the entire game. Now, trying to be self-correcting I also know myself enough to know sometimes I go a bit too deep into anti-OMGUS mindset where wolves can make me like them by being aggressive to me and I don’t know Misty’s wolf range.

I particularly like these two because of the defense of Eliza D1 voting Pigeon and starting today voting Eliza from Misty. So these two being wagons I think is a thinker for a lot of people and I’d like to see how the puzzle pieces shake out. If those are the top wagons, unlike yesterday with Pigeon, I would have no anxiety regardless of who went over. If Misty is wolf I don’t think it absolves Eliza. I don’t see a lot of reason to believe two (or more) wolves were on Pigeon which helps clear up Jaiden. If Misty is town, it’d put a lot of spotlight on Jaiden.

Similarly if Eliza is wolf, to restate, I don’t think it absolves Misty. If Eliza is town I think we can look at the Epitau wagon yesterday and find an anti-town sentiment pushing it forward and there’s not a whole lot of people that could be atm.