GOAT^2 - Game Thread (5/15) - Day 6 - Mafia wonnered

Let’s all just sheep Zorvo for the rest of the game. Easy stuff.

3 Likes

Marluxion (5): ElizaThePsycho, Zorvo, Lemonfairy, YoubutWorse, lol
Lemonfairy (2): Vulgard, KingTroll
BradLand (1): May

Not Voting (5): Magnus, Marluxion, mollylikesorigami, illwei, BradLand

1 Like

I just said at the start of the day that I thought that Silviu’s iso was still not good and I had my explanations during EOD, which nothing changed since Silviu never posted between then and the sub out.

Then Vulgard brought up to attention posts that Kazo made about Silviu and I decided to give it a chance and let go of my scumread of Silv.

I went off on YBW at EOD because she was trying to put me in connection with Kazo despite me literally saying I was fine with those 2 being wagons, I said Kazo’s iso was bad and I had my reasons, I had my reasons to scumread Silviu as well, plus I had my scumread and vote on him in the middle of the day and it would’ve been a nice confidence boost if I manage to be right and it went over with my help.

Plus I feel like I’ve been towny as fuck throughout day 1, like I didn’t spend as much time in the game as much as I’d want to, but if you literally look at my iso I’m making my solve attempts.

1 Like

Also I lied I came back.

1 Like

Alright I did read from #1287 and it’s literally fuck all besides talking about whether or not Vulgard deserves credit for pushing on Kazo.
Pretty sure he pushed on him a good amount during the day so I’m totally fine with giving him a ton of town cred.

I do have lol’s stock going up this game due to the posts made by him so far.

1 Like

Kinda hate prodding you though because you just mentioned that you’re getting sick, but was there anything that stuck out to you beyond wanting to vote Marl? Kinda feel like “I’ve finished reading!” followed by “I must go!” in the same post is like…deflating when reading.

1 Like

You know I saw this happen when I was here, but I just ignored it because Illwei was here and I wanted to talk to her.

Is there any reasoning for this? You mentioned follow up to yesterday’s whole thing…which sure I was voting the counter wagon to a wolf flip.

Is there like…anything else you wanna add to it or is it literally just cut and dry like that?

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for asking. I completely misremembered your actions on D1 and for some reason thought you placed a vote on O kazo before switching over to Silviu. This is the kind of logic that underlies all of my decisions.

2 Likes

Yeah I never voted Kazo during Day 1 I mostly stuck to Silviu.

1 Like

At least I think, hold on.

1 Like

No I doublechecked your iso you definitely didn’t I’m just being the circus clown today

2 Likes

Yeah I only voted Silviu during the day.

1 Like

Which is…bad coming from me at this rate but I feel like I’m hitting a wall this game.

1 Like

@May

What else do you have in total with reads so far? Like any townreads?

1 Like

[typed up before your question, Brad, I’ll get to it soon]

Well, the destruction of my Brad read probably means I should at least quickly do a 5-minute opinion-generation before I go to bed. I don’t trust that Zorvo’s town, but for the sake of take creation, I’m going to create a world where he is, and he’s placed a vote on O kazo saying we can just flip an easy wolf there. How do the wolves react?

Going off of pure theory, not what any specific people did (I haven’t read that yet)… probably try to sidestep around it. Avoid interacting with it extensively. Zorvo… not to be rude, but Zorvo tends to have difficulty convincing others of his reads early in the game. Maybe do a token gesture of “huh, where’s this read coming from, I don’t heavily disagree or townread O kazo but I bet the other wagons are better and more informative, but I’m still open to this execution”.

As it becomes clear the execution will probably be between O kazo or Silviu, they’d probably pick whichever seems safest - it’s D1 and O didn’t provide much content, so it’d probably be okay to sit on Silviu, and maybe the other wolf sticks on a vanity wagon. They’d probably try to amplify the voices of townies defending O (that’s me) if possible, but not too strongly…

I don’t think they were bussing for towncred at first - at the very least, both of them weren’t. It was D1, Silviu had some suspicious patterns of behavior, delaying that execution until the town environment was more established would be good anyway, so I’d look for late movement toward the wagon, I think? Neutrality and discussion of Seth’s early reads in the abstract → as wagon picks up steam, start trying to bus while still soft pushing alternate wagons? From what I recall, I am describing Marl… Let me read back and check.

3 Likes

I am going to draw some connections, but it is 1:22 AM and I cannot explain what I mean by them in words. You all will see the quotes next to each other and see the same throughlines that I do, I’m sure. You just have to place them next to each other and the textures will align.

Pattern 1

Pattern 2

Pattern 3

Pattern 4

VOTE: Marl

2 Likes

In previous games I’ve realized that when I try to claim someone is a townread on D2, I am claiming something entirely perpendicular to “this person is likely to be town”.

It’s more like… I have strong or weak reads on people, and a strong read means “I know how this person acts, who they’re likely aligned or unaligned with, and I know what future patterns of behavior I’m looking out for to see if they’re wolf”, and I’ll describe that as a “townread”. A weak read means “I don’t entirely understand this person’s behavior, I don’t really know who they’d be aligned with, I need to pressure them more to find out”, and on D1 and D2 I’ll describe this as a “wolfread”.

I’m making an effort not to do this, because often I’ll find the wolf patterns in my “townreads” and then everyone will go “Oh why did you suddenly flip that read, this is sosus couldn’t possibly be a real read”, but I’ve found my alternative is just saying “Well I don’t really townread anyone”, which is what I’ve been doing.

That being said, I “townread” KingTroll and YoubutWorse. I don’t… really have anything else, I haven’t reread with O kazo’s flip, so I don’t really have a handle on most people… I want to look into min and Vulgard and Lemonfairy and so on, people my mind has just been blocking out so that I don’t get too overwhelmed by trying to read so many people at once. Tomorrow. Tomorrow.

3 Likes

would be funny if marl was quickhammered hehe

1 Like

L-1 so be careful gamers

1 Like

Oh shit UNVOTE

2 Likes