Happy Tree Friends FM - Game Thread Night 3 13/20

thanks for that wallpost on me brad my ego appreciates it

1 Like

if leafia is w that is what they are thinking yes

they are a player you hope to never rand wolf with

hmm, what’s the line for those two if leafia is town here but they are wolf?

people like me i could see people going ‘wow i hope i dont rand wolf with marl, he’s really polarized’

but with leafia it’s like

if she is w she could singlehandedly spell doom for your entire scumteam via her spew

it is probably a large part of the reason why she dies early regardless of her actual alignment pretty often

1 Like

Ngl.if this is you styling on me as mafia then :rofl:

But yeah.

not sure on windy
she’s least confident by far

wazza i can see being w with or without leafia though

Sounds like a perfect day four lynch to me then!

is day four like casual friday or something

bring you leafeon to lynch day

1 Like

My read on it, and yeah knowing 0 meta, is wind responding to a post of mine before with ‘perfect timing’ felt like a wolf who saw me say something and go ‘oh shit I want to comment on this’ before anyone else really could. You can iso wind to find it.

I think it is harmless right now for me to view leafia as v just to avoid lynching someone for being bad, like I said it seems like a good person to check during the night in some form.

1 Like

It would just be Monday…

How was your work day…?

It sucked…:expressionless:

Achro if you are telling people you read people on how they approach you and therefore encourange votes on you to try and read people

how come you ignored my vote on you and then was like “why don’t you voting me just vote wazza”

Yeah maybe
The big downside of this is if leafia is w they’ll probably just be trying to antispew from now on, but if she seems off we can just yeet her

1 Like

I was thinking over Vul things and by the time I was done with that I noticed both of you had shaded wazza so I decided to just go ‘hey so wazza’

if you want to talk about it you can, but you moved onto a vote I like pretty easily so!

Oh yeah, might as well say this.

Kiiruma, Illwei V. Eliza and Achro leaning V, not putting them fully into the V slot to account for personal bias.

I think Kiiruma has been generally villagery, mostly because he’s been doing his own thing the entire time and I never got the impression his posting had an agenda. Illwei, on the other hand, has been a pretty dominant pushing force, but I can see that she’s scumhunting and not just pushing for the sake of pushing. The first vote she placed on Beancat felt like something I could get behind - I could tell why she placed it - and I can follow most of her thought processes on people pretty well, even though she doesn’t explain them very extensively.

I liked min and Illwei’s interaction in the shitpost stage. It might seem like nothing, but it felt like two villagers’ banter rather than one being a wolf attempting to socialize. Leaning V on min for that one.

I frankly don’t townread Brad, but I’m willing to sheep Illwei on him for the time being.

I think the way Achromatic responded to my vote on him was rather villagery of him, particularly the part that I responded to with a joycat. I also think the seeming awkwardness I mentioned can be explained by some recent events, and largely by this being FoL where we don’t have pages and he knows next to no one. When I look at him with that aspect of his posting removed, I don’t think he’s been wolfy.

I think Eliza opening the game the way she did, by joking about a massclaim, and then moving on to discussing it seriously was fairly villagery for her specifically. I’ve already explained why I townread her talking about a masscalim, and while she did claim it was partly a joke, I think that her talking about it a little more and then abandoning the subject when nobody engaged with her on it felt genuine.

I have two somewhat independent wolfreads on Wazza/Leafia and I’m currently trying to reconcile them.

Musings about Wazza/Leafia

The main thing tripping me up is that Wazza voted Leafia without really explaining it here:

And then, when we interacted, she had this to say:

I feel like this is unnatural. First off, Illwei was the first player to point out that Leafia was making reads on posts that should not be taken as alignment indicative, here:

Wazza initially didn’t react to this. She only voted Leafia later, after Leafia said she was suspicious of me and voted me. Her reasoning for the vote is essentially doubling down on the read Illwei gave first, plus the meta-related add-on of Leafia being more focused on her slot as a wolf.

My problem with this is that I feel like Wazza has unfounded confidence in this read, to the point that I’m suspecting TMI. I liked the way she answered me at the time, but going back to it, I’m not sure why she has so much confidence. She’s essentially implying that Leafia is obvious mafia, but I don’t see what got her there. It seems more like she saw Illwei’s read and decided to piggyback on it because wolf!Leafia probably always dies this game and it’s good to be on the :towncred:. Or Leafia is a villager and Wazza can always somehow blame Illwei in the future.

The thing that’s tripping me up is that I do think Leafia is independently wolfy. Suspecting Wazza for her Leafia push doesn’t feel entirely right, because I don’t even disagree with the reasoning - but it’s more about how Wazza’s treatment of Leafia looks to me holistically, and how the jump to implying that Leafia is obvious mafia feels unnatural. Yes, I do think Leafia’s posts are wolfy; no, I don’t think it’s natural for a villager to reach that conclusion so quickly, and the timing of it being so soon after Illwei’s initial wolfread on Leafia felt opportunistic to me.

Where does this leave me? I think there’s at least one wolf between Wazza/Leafia, and that they can be W/W, but I also dislike the fact I can’t prevent myself from reading these two associatively and it’s obviously really bad for me to do that if they’re V/V. Still, I’ll probably explore this for a bit more.

1 Like

I think this is potentially the most biased read on the list and if you ever consider this worth looking at in the future I want this to be known.

Me being on the same page as Marl probably makes Marl town, but reconsider this if we’re wrong.

1 Like

the thing that makes me think not w/w for leafia and wind is wind getting out in front of the question I asked to leafia about people defending her. But to be fair several people have pointed out leafia is an odd wolf case with how bad she apparently is so this might just be wrong.

I also, in a post you quoted, added onto this:

that Leafia was making reads from posts that weren’t relevant enough to do so from.

I liked the post in response because I liked the read lmfao so it’s not that I didn’t react to it, it’s just that I didn’t type out a message in response

My main problem with you saying this is that my vote on Leafia is quite literally the only one you jumped on, there were so many other people making votes and posts without explaining their votes and yet my vote on Leafia is quite literally the only one you decided to point out in a situation where RVS would still be considered a thing, while my vote wasn’t RVS, it’s weird how you specifically chose to pounce on my vote towards Leafia than any other vote around.

What about anything of what I said sounds like unfounded confidence considering I literally said I can explain all my reads with no hesitation and I literally explained the Leafia read.

You didn’t have a problem with my Leafia read at the time but the moment people decide “we should vote Wazza” you hop on me, so if you wanna talk about random, bullshit votes, you’re in that category.

Because I feel like I’ve caught Leafia in the same way I did back in Last Stand of Virtuous with the exact same meta coming into play here. I was insanely correct in that game and I don’t think I’ll stand corrected here either, especially considering Leafia’s responses to my push seemed lackluster and unlike how Leafia would usually respond to a push (Town!Leafia is more out there with her responses, Wolf!Leafia keeps them reserved and pushes on the other person, the game I quoted is an excellent example of the wolf one)

Which is why I explained it :+1:
you know
the thing you read

I credited Illwei myself for giving me the first part of the read that made her on my radar, then I further had it there to push my own read that I believed was correct on Leafia, and, using self-meta here (ironically enough based on what I said earlier) you should know I never push the blame onto someone else for my own pushes no matter my alignment, considering that just isn’t something I will ever do, if I mis-execute, I’m not going to say “oh hey it’s [XXX]'s fault” as either alignment because as Mafia, it’s obvious a Mafia would do that to begin with so I’m not that stupid and as Town, it’s my fault anyway so I’d accept it. When was the last time you genuinely saw a mafia push on a player and then blame-shift.

Literally none of what you just said makes sense, I’m treating Leafia by my read of believing she’s wolf, although you should note that earlier I said this:

and while this isn’t completely serious, I’m not fully cementing myself down on “Leafia is wolf” nor am I treating her as an obvious wolf, to me, she’s wolf and I can say with confidence I can easily see her flipping wolf, as can you based on your posting and your confidence that Leafia may be wolf is based on my read as you stated earlier, so treat it as unfound confidence, but that would mean yours is unnatural as well since you somehow got it from the same thing I got it from.

As I stated, I literally liked Illwei’s post because it was Illwei’s read that got me to look at Leafia and focus on her, when she voted you, I felt like that was a little iffy so I placed my vote to join in with pressure on her slot and because I felt like what she was doing was wolfy, the vote on you doesn’t matter too much but it triggered me to decide “Yeah, my vote goes here.”