Hydra-Optional Vig10er - Day 4 - Town Wins

fair
-a

Also i feel much more confident in my abil to read kiiru in general espec considering dicey dungeonze where i thought he was the worldā€™s most ovvious eomf when readinh d1 and this haslike zero simialtis

Jesus christ

that was
vaguely impressive how terrible that was
-a

Kat says aelin v too

She didnt give me permission to fwd this but short hair dont care

maybe theyll change their mind when i tell them i didnt respond because i was playing osu :^)

-a

LOGGED BACK IN JUST TO CALL YOU A WOLF

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

nya

1 Like

Started typing up more thoughts but realized i dont rly believe them lol
Im low on confident reads which feels like A Problem but thats a problem for a more awake chloe

Gunna call it a night

im gay

3 Likes

Okay gay.
I think this game is easy tbh.

• Ruby
1 Like

care to enlighten us peons?

-a

1 Like

You,Cat,Kiirum all town to a semi stronger lean

I think your questioning on my posts are towny so uped you more on my pprevious reads.

3/10 slots at condident
then myself
4/10 in a 10er is fucking amazing for day 1

• Ruby

condident
-a

Or sturborn

ok Iā€™m finally all caught up

thoughts from the last 800-ish posts:

• I think Dum is villagery. Thereā€™s a sort of archetype of less-experienced player, where theyā€™ve sort of noticed that people donā€™t take them quite as seriously, but they still desperately want to be relevant, and they have a handful of reads that they really believe in and really want to be listened to on. This was more-or-less the exact archetype Dum fell into when orange and I played with him in H21G10, and heā€™s doing basically the exact same thing here ā€“ he has a couple reads (Kiiruma/Leafia V/V), and he really wants people to listen (trying to assert a ā€œvetoā€ (this is a direct quote) over them being exeā€™d). Iā€™m mostly ignoring eevee here because I have no idea how to read eevee.
  • Brad/Aelin are trending up a bit, in Moison Brad was kind of struggling to make reads, to the point that he made a channel in scumchat for keeping track of his reads and a couple days in posted ā€œI donā€™t have reads, this channel is a shamā€ which was an exaggeration but not a lot of one, whereas here he has a much less narrow scope which makes me think heā€™s more likely to be town
  • catslot is making me mrrrr with their progression on us, like at the start of the game they were shading us for nebulous reasons, then they came around to townreading us, and then they randomly went back to pushing us for ā€¦ making a post that was similar to a post we made earlier? Iā€™m legitimately unsure if this was their reasoning but like, yes, someone did a wolfy thing twice so I made two similar posts about it. Basically it reminds me of H21G10 where kat was mafia and kept trying to pretend she was paranoid of me and orangeā€™s slot for reasons that she knew werenā€™t actually mafia-indicative for us, and I didnā€™t push her hard enough for that in that game because I was scared I was just subconsciously OMGUSing (which is something I am trying to be conscious of here since I did think they were townier when they were actually bothering to engage with our slot in seemingly-good-faith) but it was right in that game. Also this is a minor point but Chloe randomly called Engineer her top townread and I feel like town Chloe would have more paranoia about Litten having ever played against him as scum.
  • Kiiruma feels ā€¦ natural? genuine? if Iā€™m being 100% obvious with myself this is mostly a toneread but with a little bit of, heā€™s trying to convey a specific :bug: mindset through some of his diction, and that mindset is consistent-with-his-mindset-as-town. I can quote posts if people really care.
  • Wind/Wazza arenā€™t villagery ā€“ they havenā€™t specifically pinged me very much, but normally when Wind is a villager she can be very villagery (like she might still have an awkward opening or whatever, but after that her solving is super villagery) so I think the fact that she isnā€™t is probably >rand wolf. She keeps talking about how she isnā€™t going to try to obvtown herself and it feels kind of excuse-y. Also I can normally totally follow Windā€™s thought process but here there were a bunch of places where it didnā€™t really make sense to me, like just off the top of my head without reading back she townread LBW because YBW said he was sheeping Leafia and she didnā€™t think it made sense to say that as scum but didnā€™t seem to consider at all whether it would make sense to say that as town (also her reason for why it wouldnā€™t make sense to say that as scum doesnā€™t make sense to me) or when she said that Brad/Aelin could want people to sign their posts so that they could pretend to make metareads as scum which feels really convoluted/not a natural thought.
  • Rubyā€™s posts felt kind of empty, like there was a high ratio of fluff/talking about hammering to actually making reads, and her reads didnā€™t really have a lot of depth to them. Could easily see that slot as Mafia.
  • Multiple people told me that they regularly forget a bunch of their reads as town within less than a day phase so I guess that really is a thing that happens and isnā€™t necessarily scum-AI for Leafia but I still think my other points against that slot are sound, I also feel that thereā€™s been a weird amount of resistance to voting out that slot for reasons that are really questionable. Also despite YBW saying that he was going to sheep Leafia their reads donā€™t really feel like theyā€™ve actually talked to each other about them, like not just ā€˜they disagree,ā€™ but like ā€˜they havenā€™t talked to each other about where they disagree.ā€™
  • catchup didnā€™t really move the needle for me on Engineer or Trochi

so overall if I had to sort the game into tiers it would look something like

not PoE (loosely sorted)

idrc
FPSers
Trochi
Kiiruma

PoE but mostly for not being townie (not super sorted)

Engineer
Ruby
Windzza (could mayyybe move down a tier but my reasons donā€™t feel strong enough to do that)

PoE for being actively pingy (sorted)
cat
LBW

Iā€™m probably going to sleep soon but I can answer questions until then if anyone is around

this is Arete btw in case you somehow couldnā€™t tell

and this is orange

had a jester win happen to me earlier

also somebody that specifically isnā€™t arete should post a tl;dr so I donā€™t need to read through 1.5k posts when I wake up

because thatā€™s not happening

1 Like

I thought about it more and these two slots should be switched

goodnight for real this time

-Arete

How did you arrive at putting EngineerGaming where you did? You didnā€™t give an explanation of it unless youā€™re counting that you said Chloe should be more paranoid of Litten, but then you didnā€™t actually elaborate on what you think is keeping EngineerGaming out of your townreads. You explained why Iā€™m there and why Ruby is there, but whatā€™s the explanation on Litten? Just paranoia, or did you see something else?

This is wind btw