Knight-Errant - A Normal Game Mafia Wins!

we should lynch marluna day one for their crimes

Fluffy is always good

Like a kitty

1 Like

Hello, everybody. Let’s get right into this.

This is a mildly towny thought to open with, though not impossible to fake. I do like assertiveness from town, and stepping back after frustration is always +EV, so if Millium is town, I look forward to seeing this from her.

Quick vote swaps are also something I see as towny on a micro-level. Rapidfire thoughts are harder to fake, and it’s beneficial for wolves to look stable in their opinions in order to more effectively push agenda. I also had the same thought regarding SultanOfSlam’s opening post. I townread otterpopd. I hope I get to play a little more with her this game around.

As previously mentioned, this is an awkward opener. Not much more to say about it.

The irony of that first post is strong.

It seems I am also sharing thoughts with Millium. I will solidify my townread on her.

This is a post that doesn’t come to any strong conclusions. It’s difficult for me to call whether I think this is towny or wolfy without further context from the player. I’ll be keeping an eye on Hazardwaste to see.

Awkward on both sides of the equation. Claiming an N0 redcheck when no such possibility exists in the setup is not something most, if not all, town players would genuinely believe to work, and so it comes across as that kind of opener-for-the-sake-of-an-opener which wolves so love.

These are wolfy posts.

Intentionally hiding information is towny.

Immediately reacting to an opener in this strong a way is towny.

I like Zugzwang. Not necessarily in an in-game sense. I don’t think this post is unfakeable, as formality is an easy disguise for wolves, and I don’t entirely agree that the interaction unpairs Hazardwaste and SirDerpsALot, as it felt like there was an artificiality to it that could potentially indicate it being faked. But I enjoy his playstyle.

I appreciate Marluna cutting right to the chase here.

Brakuren seems extremely concentrated on finding people wolfy, and notes very little, if anything, as towny. Additionally, what he jumps on feels unusual, leaning a lot on the objective instead of the subjective. Brakuren acts like he thinks the game of mafia is simple, and it feels like he could be a face-forward, agenda-focused wolf, searching for suspicious lines from townies to jump on. If so, he is unpaired with Hazard.

The fact that so many people have opened immediately wolfreading SultanOfSlam is concerning to me

Another player I’ve independently come to the same conclusions as. SirDerpsALot has consistently come to reasonable conclusions. I townread him.

This is awkward.

I disagree with that first post strongly. Most of the people you’re playing against are going to be experienced enough in mafia that they won’t be helped along so much by Wolfing 101. It’s worth it to share the tells you think you see, and doing otherwise comes across as an excuse. This is something I more dislike on principle than actually find extremely wolfy.

Another thing that contributes to Brakuren’s feeling of being a wolf pushing around for town to misexecute is the fact that his attention span when it comes to wolfreads seems very short. He goes from wolfreading SirDerpsAlot to Hazardwaste to Millium without any bridging or reflection between the posts.

I appreciate Brakuren giving a townlean, though.

I do not think that balances out the fact that Brakuren’s now given four wolfreads and only one “slight TL”.

Again, a fixed perception of mafia as an “easy game” is something that wolves tend to love. The simpler the reasoning, the more likely town are to buy it.

Voting without explanation is mildly towny.

Five wolfreads with only one townread.

My reads stand as follows:

otterpopd t
Millium t
Kiiruma lt
Leafia lt
SirDerpsAlot lt
Marluna lt
ElizaThePsycho n
Bionic n
Crescent n
Achromatic n
Zugzwang n
Frostwolf103 lw
SultanOfSlam lw
Hazardwaste w
Brakuren w

Someone x
Dec x

no

Very weird opening and like others have asked uhh why?

actually i hate wall of texts even more

VOTE: Rhea

My strongest wolfread at the moment is Brakuren, as he’s now provided five separate wolfreads or indications of suspicion on posts with only one even slight townlean involved, and it’s on a player who I think was really not all that towny, just formal. His posts reads like a wolf fishing around for suspicion, and often push people for what I feel are surface-level reasons, thinking of the game of mafia as “easy” in a way that wolves tend to do in order to push agenda.

VOTE: Brakuren.

This feels like youre trying to hard to be useful.

And another to the list of just awful reasoning to not like me. Noting this as potentially scummy finding a piss poor reason and calling it a scum read is lazy and scummy in it self plus the over pushing of a full reads list this early seems fake as hell

everyone should vote rhea fr

Yupp VOTE: rhea

1 Like

I fail to see how you could not note your opener as even slightly awkward.

This indignation feels falsified, or at the very least ill-informed. At some point, you have to accept that the entire game is not conspiring to generate “piss poor” reasoning to push you, especially when you’ve been placed as one wolflean among four.

Could you please talk about any thoughts you have that don’t involve someone’s wolfread on you? If you think the thread’s collective early-game reasoning is so awful, put some effort in to propose alternative candidates and generate discussion in order to create better reasoning, and perhaps people would find you town, if that’s what you are.

On D1, reads don’t exist until you make them.

1 Like

Rhea’s post feels tryhard, but it doesn’t scumping me. I used to make posts like that with some regularity regardless of my alignment. The reasoning for the top scumread feels valid I.E. that guy seeming to be fishing for scumreads.

The Sultan vote on Rhea actually does scumping me, though. Bionic is neutral because he’s doing it on policy. Sultan vibes me as noticeably flustered.

@Frostwolf103 @Hazardwaste @Brakuren yo you all got called wolf by rhea, you all should like, vote them or something

To elaborate, the vote on Rhea feels completely inorganic. It’s like he used Bionic as an excuse to do it instead of doing it on his own recognizance.

nuh uh

Literally your opening is terrible and scummy your “scum reads” arent actual reads i really dont have to look hard at the post to see that.

Leave my “read” out of it you really have no reads but are forcing content its scum tell 101 and true doing it.

Nope try again Creasent. Not flustered. Look at the “reads” agian and tell me i am wrong

My current three strongest wolfreads are Brakuren, Hazardwaste, and SultanOfSlam.

Of these three, I think Brakuren and Hazardwaste are likely unpaired, as Brakuren’s heavy-on-wolfreads style seems like the type of play that would be practiced by someone avoiding strict bussing so early on, though obviously being so fast-and-loose with votes means that each individual case is mostly meaningless until others pick up on it.

It strikes me as interesting that Brakuren has pushed on what I would consider so many easy targets, but hasn’t once mentioned SultanOfSlam, who I think has been the most publicly awkward and classically-wolfy in thread. He mentioned finding OMGUS towny, but never strictly applied that to SultanOfSlam specifically. I think the two could be potentially paired.

SultanOfSlam and Hazard haven’t been in thread together yet, and so there’s very little suggesting pairing either way at this point. These are the downsides of doing such analysis so early on, I suppose.

Also to add more to it, based on the way Sultan voted, Bionic and Sultan are almost certainly not paired.