Last Stand of the Virtuous 5.5 - Day 4 (12/17)

like the slip thing warrants at most an occupy
there is a high enough chance that jail did intend it to be a reaction test that I am uncomfortable with lynching them, and I would also feel incredibly stupid if they did flip town and we hung them despite them posting well d1 when we have better targets to choose from
pandora is such a safe execution that we don’t need to risk executing jail

1 Like

It depends on a few variables like game size, the thread direction and the % of scum alive

If there’s a very strong town with successive lynches and scum are down, a singular wagon can be a good sign

If there’s a mediocre town with mediocre lynches and scum are somewhat well, a singular wagon can be a bad sign because it suggests the entire thread is comfortable with the wagon when there should be scum pressuring it if it’s not fitting their agenda, but also that vote count analysis will be difficult tomorrow regardless of the flip since you can’t really gauge fighting EoD reactions

In my opinion, 1v1 wagons are best because they give very solid info regardless of the alignment’s flip while also being stable enough that scum influence is minimal

2 Likes

Because they’re finding wolves. And killing them. Obviously.

1 Like

Anyone thinking that this is not opportunistic can come fight me

That was more than 30 hours ago, they’re conflicting the past and the present and retroactively accusing me for having the wrong opinion

Amazing naked vote you got there.
Try again

Again I explain good examples of pressure votes in my wallpost, see zones

Canping’s behavior the past day has been “ooh I caughf a weekness” and running w it

Can you explain that?

I know what regicide means, just asking why you changed your mind now

This is the second time caebonated brought this up, nobody’s looking at it

The interaction was me saying “yea i think you’re faking not knowing the mechanics”, then caebonated explaining “i didnt read until i got the rolecard”

I pulled off cause like 6 other ppl came into thread also confused out of their minds

The fact that carbonated is shading me for that interaction makes 0 sense to me

1 Like

i have some from qbcord style mafia which is very mech heavy (it went kinda overboard last game when the GM made a game with three town roletext cops (we use a closed setup always) but that aside) so otherwise not very good
used to having info to puzzle with

Mostly caught up, did the narcissism swrep like usual

Elwhat’s the case on pandora or is that more of “come participate”

Okay but surely you wouldn’t place a vote without understanding what is going on first!

I really don’t think I am. I think Pandora and Beancat should be pushed. If not one, both.

anyway let’s do this for now VOTE: Beancat

Sigh

Have u read my wallpost

This seems willfully ignorant

Ah thank you for quoting the roles. That makes it a lot easier for me.:sweat_smile:

Although, I don’t agree that Pandora’s actions align with those roles. Unless I’m misunderstanding, wouldn’t those roles benefit more from you being alive?

I think it would be more optimal to keep you alive rather than immediately flipping you with this role. If you were exed and flipped town, they do not have guaranteed control over the situation, and now they have to read a new person who is elected with conversions taken into consideration. I don’t think it’s impossible to play like this as I’d imagine scum can only convert one target at a time. Therefore, we just needs to have multiple options ready. I just think it’s infinitely more risky as I find it much easier to read one person who can’t be converted (I think)? In other words, their intentions/motivations couldn’t suddenly shift.

Furthermore, the only way I think this strategy works is if you’re scum, and then there’s just less scum for them to deal with. However, even then, they don’t have any way of knowing if the next elected King will be scum. It just becomes really hard to coordinate things.

Pandora becoming King is out of the question. The King presumably has royal blood, but there’s no way they’d put themselves as risk to do get rid of them so quickly when they can just die without them having to do anything. (Note that it says survive to see other players who started with Royal Blood die.) If I was this role, I’d wait to see if the King flips on their own. If they don’t, I’d take action later.

Maybe I’m just not sure how this role is supposed to function, but I get the impression that trying to insta-flip the king in either role hurts you more than it helps.

In summary, I do believe Pandora is more likely to be evil than neutral (at least not the two neutrals you mentioned). There may be a neutral whose playstyle is encouraged to be more aggro :thinking:

No.

They need information on my alignment so that they can start pushing the agenda of whoever’s side they’re on. They get that by killing me.

They don’t. At least it’s not on the card.

1 Like

They don’t

1 Like

Of course I read it. Please tell me how you’d prefer I interpret it then.

Sorry if you’ve already explained this, but can I get your thoughts on your vote today? Is it simply because Canping jumped you for your reason of voting the King, or is there something more to it?

Also I just saw what this is responding to

I went “carbonated shading me for my interaction with them doesnt make sense”

Then they go “well you still voted for the king”

Setting aside the whole “no reason for vote” thing which i’ve explained, that was not the point of the post they’re replying to

Instead of arguing the point they’re bringing about a talking point they’re just blindly repeating, which is 100% a scum move when they’re called out on smth they’re doing wrong

“You fked up”
“Well yea u made this other mistake”

How does this diversion not translate to scum

1 Like