Last Stand of the Virtuous 5.5 - Night 4 (11/17)

Oh. Uh. Hold up. Let me track down my vote analysis post again. (Something to note is that this post came after the other 2 I think, but I have this quote first because it is what prompted me to look back).

Am I tripping, or is this an inconsistency/jump in logic? What I mean is that I don’t see, from your thread development, how you jumped from “I want to tie the vote” to “I don’t want to tie it”. (For those who don’t see what I’m saying, I showed the jump with colors. Orange → Red).

@Jarek Sorry to still stay on this topic, but I want to know with absolute certainty if I can trust you or not. If you’re town, try and work with me here.

(Haven’t back read at all woke up late af today since I have off, had a drink, and just now remembered this exists

Yeah I’ve tied votes in games before for my own amusement. If I changed my vote later, it was likely because I saw it as something I had to “fix” because I’d caused the tie by voting in the first place

What in the world is this discussion?! XD

just asking, did you check the daeron - jarek interaction? if you did, what do you think about that because i think that can help with your concerns with this post

1 Like

I feel like I explained best I could that the way pandora gave up felt like it more often came from town than from mafia :upside_down_face:

clearly, we are in agreement about this (that it’s not in anyone’s best interests to do/appear scummy). perhaps not so clearly, you for some reason are holding a grudge over me over something that makes it seem like you make very very little sense like an omgus. like. idek atp bruh. initially this was all over whether you thought that i was being too aggressive on you? I’m telling you that I don’t think I was at that point and honestly the more you reiterate my words but slap a “but you’re scum” to it just makes me kinda tired of this like bruh the omgus here is crazy

whats ur role

I finally decided to look into the rules a bit more last night, and it turns out it had some use lol. Your claim that the Sibyl role is unique is false. Based on my understanding, it seems like almost every role in this set-up has an evil counter-part to it. The Sibyl has 2 different evil versions of it: the alchemist and fortune teller who use all of the Sibyl’s abilities from my understanding. In the first sentence of the passive for the roles, they have different flavor text discussing the spawn rate of the Sibyl:

To summarize, the Alchemist knows if its townie-counterpart (the Sibyl) is in play or not, and the Fortune Teller outright prevents it from spawning.

I am not accusing you of being evil from this alone, but it is admittedly strange that you are confident it is unique.
I can see a world where you made this statement because you’re the Fortune Teller who knows no one will contest your claim. With your passive, you would know there is no Sibyl in play (thus making your role “unique”/uncontested). Maybe I’m misunderstanding something though. As usual, feel free to jump in and clarify things. I don’t want you to feel like I’m attacking you, but I just do find some of the statements peculiar. :thinking:

If I’m misunderstanding what it means for a role to be “unqiue” in this set-up or the evil roles, feel free to jump in and correct me. I read through them late last night, so it’s possible I misunderstood some of it. :+1:

I will say though, in your defense, I didn’t realize the town roles had evil counterparts until I looked into the roles more closely last night. It’s possible this is a misunderstanding, but I want to discuss it with you nonetheless. It will make me feel more confident in reading your slot if we address it. :heart:

Edit: I don’t recall if we’re allowed to quote specifically from the rules at the top of the thread or not, so I just paraphrased the role card information from the role list.

the role has a shield icon and is thus guaranteed to be unique

2 Likes

Oh. Huh. Let me double check that. Oopsies if I missed that. :sweat_smile:

Also sybl knows that the evil roles haven’t spawned (which is important as some roles that are not the sibyl still convert into the FT/alch)

Basically just the plaguebearer

I did read through their interactions, yes. I do think that Daeron is correct for pushing onto Jarek, but I don’t agree with the manner in which they’re doing so. It’s way too harsh for my liking. Even though I suspect Jarek, I want to give them respect and a chance to defend themselves. I suppose that’s just a difference in playstyles though.

Thank you for referencing me to their posts! Does this answer your question as to my thoughts on their interactions? :+1:

1 Like

thank you that’s ALL I want :sob:

1 Like

Oh

conversion schemantics but i think i’m a bit late to this

oh well I can just never be the alchemist because a card has been given so if it’s a BD game then I’m lock-good

i don’t this ultimately matters in the grand scheme of any argument though

m :+1:t4: