Maybot's Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I can understand their unwillingness to be mech confirmed, but their unwillingness to also ever be tested doesn’t make sense to me. Their read on Ash ignores a lot of content that Ash has posted, and Ash is one of the highest posters. Their vote feels like they’re trying to make sure we get a 1/3 result, which is the worst one that we can get as it tells us the least amount of info. They’ve also been defending Ash all day and I’m not really sure why. I can’t follow their thought process.

1 Like

If we receive a 1/3 result with my votes, the existing world in which I’m evil is provably false, so.

1 Like

Ash (5): pandora, Ash, FusionMoon314, Chomps, spookycat27
Badeline (5): pandora, spookycat27, RedPandas, Badeline, Magnus
Anonygoose (2): FusionMoon314, Anonygoose
FusionMoon314 (2): FusionMoon314, Magnus
Chomps (2): Chomps, Anonygoose
Prisma101 (2): RedPandas, Magnus
RedPandas (2): Badeline, Anonygoose
spookycat27 (1): pandora
pandora (1): RedPandas
LittleLee (1): Badeline

Not Voting (3): Quail, LittleLee, Prisma101

This VC actually sucks

Half of the people on here are voting for people they find scummy and half are voting for people they find towny, and while it’s good everybody has their own set of reads we need actual wagons to discuss. I don’t want Ash to be a wagon because I’m fairly certain they’re scum and I want to get a 0/3 on the first day.

1 Like

That’s not true.

1 Like

Of course it is. The expressed world of Magnus / Ash / Pandora falls apart at the seams, my refusal to martyrdom is proven correct and we have leading information to start circling the townspeople like sharks.

I would recommend taking a contemporary nuanced and discerning lens towards the players who disagree with you. I’m scumreading you, but you merely principally disagree with my logic. You claim you can’t understand my logic — so what’s been my overarching strategy if I’m evil? Focus on explaining that case, and you might enrapture my attention.

1 Like

Here you go:

Hope this helps you reverse your townread on me.

1 Like

I misunderstood what you meant by existing world. I understood it as you saying that you could not be evil if there were a 1/3 result, rather than saying that the team couldn’t be you/ash/pandora. That would be true if there were a 1/3. The world you speak of has only been expressed by me so I’m confused why you seem so eager to disprove it.

1 Like

I look out for players who’s logic I can’t understand. If I can’t put myself in their shoes I find they’re more likely to be evil than not. I believe your overarching strategy if you are evil (and the strategy of all evils at the moment) is to insure that the final result at the end of the day is 1/3, as that gives the least amount of info to town. The way you were voting also confused me, as I believe it’s more beneficial to go for town players when voting, a thought you agreed with previously, and yet you are voting the players you scumread. I also disagree with your vote on Ash. When you combine these things you end up with the scumread that I have. There’s too many things I’d have to ignore for me to not scumread you.

2 Likes

I was going to read this with an unbiased lens. In that game, you were hamstrung with a nonchalant demeanour, overstated a recklessly confident scumread when it was only plausibly tinfoil at present, consequently formed unnatural townreads to justify the aforementioned scumread instead of vice versa, and then pursued a wondrous frame attempt during an emotionally charged moment which backfired when your teammates outed themselves. You didn’t even vote D1, you were content to let the game mould itself and collect the remaining jigsaw pieces.

In this game, you tossed an early wrench into the townread hunt, and were otherwise “bolder” and more cheerful with your jokes in the early game. You didn’t fabricate scumreads in this game, or pose doubt in the wagon leaders’ alignments despite disagreeing that townhunting was an inferior strategy — and you did maintain this thought instead of just dropping it and complying to town’s will (#177). While you did pose a townread upon being prompted to, you not only didn’t concoct an artificial scumread, you didn’t feel the urge to excessively rationalise said townreads and you turned a rejoinder back at Badeline.

So you’re polarised and villagery, good enough for me.

I need to learn whether trivishta means three in Sanskrit, one moment.

1 Like

I was responding to you in conversation, so it seemed prudent. For what it’s worth, the world had also (if I recall correctly) been touched upon briefly by Anonygoose, which I caught in my skimread earlier, so it was fresh in my mind by the time I started posting this morning.

The first thing is that I have never previously voted Ash.
The second thing is that I might have agreed, offhandedly, that a 0/3 was superior to a 1/3; this does not correlate to believing that town hunting is a preferable strategy, and I believe I have expressly stated the opposite all today.

Your strategy assessment is reasonable but doesn’t apply to specifically just me in particular, and would likely be expectant of any scumteam distribution.

1 Like

Personally not a huge fan of Fusion’s lack of game-related posts especially given how much they’ve been popping in
surprised nobody has really caught this so far, also

I don’t really see how this leads to this.

I didn’t mean to type vote, I meant to type viewpoint. I must have been thinking about something else when I wrote that. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

I’m not a fan either but I feel stronger about other people to not bother pushing it much, especially when they aren’t around.

1 Like

That’s the principle reason why I haven’t moved from voting her slot, yeah. Existing without exigency, primarily.

I liked Fusion’s stern refusal to address their early votes, but that’s really it.

1 Like

who are the people you’re feeling stronger about?

Ash (5): pandora, Ash, FusionMoon314, Chomps, spookycat27
spookycat27 (1): pandora
Badeline (5): pandora, spookycat27, RedPandas, Badeline, Magnus
Anonygoose (2): FusionMoon314, Anonygoose
FusionMoon314 (2): FusionMoon314, Magnus
Chomps (2): Chomps, Anonygoose
pandora (1): RedPandas
Prisma101 (2): RedPandas, Magnus
RedPandas (2): Badeline, Anonygoose
LittleLee (1): Badeline

Not Voting (3): Quail, LittleLee, Prisma101

I did say that, huh. Alright, you’ve found an inconsistency, since one is presumably unlikely to snipe three evils in one go. In that case, I was originally referring to the theoretical strategem which has been expressed time and time again, and changed my mind once I decided my own preferences.

“I lied. I changed my mind.”
Something like that.

1 Like

ash probably shouldn’t be tied for top wagon here tbh

1 Like

Ash being top wagon is why I’m insistent we figure out whether we are voting for scum or town today. If we are voting for town, I want ash to not be a wagon. If we are voting for scum, I’ll stop voting myself and start voting ash.

1 Like

I’ll give a quick readslists

Town
Myself
You
Lee
Goose

Scum
Magnus
Prisma
Pandora
Ash

They are ordered within their tiers. Everybody else is a null or my thoughts on them aren’t strong enough to feel comfortable articulating.

1 Like