Maybot's Combinatorics Mafia - GAME OVER, MAFIA WIN

I think the better strategy is to sort the remaining players from most threatening to least threatening, then split them equally between the two groups.

1 Like

This is true, but consider: this is the Fortress of Lies, not the Fortress of Lying Down.
(I just want to go for the win here because any bad scenarios do not exist in my head.)

1 Like

If this this the fortress of lies then this is a lie and you do want to lie down and do nothing

2 Likes

i will be back in thread later today, i’d suggest everyone make their proposals of how to split up the groups and we go from there, I haven’t backread too much so i’d just sbpc

1 Like

I’ll wait for other opinions

1 Like

Not Voting (12): Quail, Chomps, LittleLee, Ash, Anonygoose, Kanave, Magnus, spookycat27, pandora, RedPandas, FusionMoon314, Badeline

nyaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a boring thread state.

Hot takes coming Soon :tm:

1 Like

Hype.

:eyes:

little teaser: thread state d1 and d2 was wolf-controlled

2 Likes

Hi chat. I apologise for messing up those votes yesterday, I thought I was onto something and really didn’t want to invite room for interference because the D1 wagons were nearly destabilised.

I’m willing to volunteer for being checked today, I’m sort of at a loss now and I think I’ve been helpful enough already that there are diminishing returns on my investment.

I’m befuddled. I don’t really know whose unchecked partner could be Badeline’s. I’ll delve into my thoughts regarding this later, but there might be some collateral drama irrespective of my correctness. I have D&D today.

3 Likes

If your take is just that I’m evil, I’m thoroughly disappointed by the lukewarmness of your read. Please be inspiring and dramatic with burning my tongue.

3 Likes

Presuming Mafia chose different players each night, they’ll now have a 1/27 minimum chance of estimating the team outright and pushing the game’s maelstrom up to tomorrow. Less if they voted players alongside themselves. So it’s entirely possible tomorrow is another day, or it could be the maelstrom since we’ve fallen behind.

We should have a propensity to consider alternative pathways before drawing a rigorous conclusion. Here are some thoughts of mine.

Regarding a mathematical basis, We have 54 available worlds from a global lens, or 45 if you just… indisputably trust me unquestioningly. We have pools of 1/3, 1/3, 1/6(5). This same logic applies to the independent perspectives of every town member in this game, exempting masons.
…Well, no. The numbers are presumably different from the checked’ town perspectives.

If we vote three unchecked players, we create an enforced 0/3 and narrow the final wolf’s pool in half irrespective of whom we select. This reduces our baseline worlds to 1/27, with pools of triple 1/3s irrespective of whom we select. This is our safe option, and the scenario in which I’d like to be voted in.

The second variation is to vote three players, two of which have been checked and the third of which is new. If we manage to find a 0/3, this reduces our available worlds to 1/20 but still has a 1/5 for the third evil. If we gleam a 2/3, that means we’d have 1/5 worlds minimum, I think? 1/3 being the worst as per usual.

What do you all think?

2 Likes

Apologies for leaving before EoD yesterday, had some stuff pop up IRL. Will also be fairly busy for the next couple days and won’t make EoD this day either, I’m moving into college the same day. For the same reason, I also don’t have a big write up post made for the two people I was with like I did for the wagons yesterday, and to be honest I am lacking a lot of WIM. I feel like I’m so obviously town, and yet everybody scumreads me. I feel like the people I’m pushing are so obviously scum, and yet no one is listening to me. And clearly, I was off on some mark because both Ash and Magnus can’t be scum together, but I’m still certain at least one of them is scum. Inclined to think Magnus just because of their horrible treatment of my slot, but I haven’t given it another look.

Off the top of my dome I’d say Prisma/Kanave is probably the wolf between little and themselves, but I haven’t given it any backreading yet. Will be doing that now.

3 Likes

Now that we have two 1/3 groups i think we can ignore the 1/6 group for now

1 Like

We should aim for a 0/3 or a 2/3 in the two 1/3 groups

1 Like

let me plot it out

I’m sorry this looks super LAMIST to me

We’re really just determining the level of risk we want here.
We can guarantee a 0/3 and 1/3, or we can shoot into our jails and hope for a high roll, but we need to start with the information we’re looking for and then figure out the jails from the level of risk we’re willing to take.

2 Likes