Moderator Interest Check

With Marl’s departure, we’re hoping to add at least one person to the mod team, most likely within the next month.

If you are interested, and you applied to be part of the mod team last time we did an interest check, you can just let us know that you’re still interested – you don’t need to send us new answers to the questions. (If some of your answers have changed, you are of course welcome to update them.)

If you are interested, and you didn’t apply last time, please send a private message to every moderator (@moderators – Chloe, Arete, katze, Magnus, and WindwardAway) with answers to the following questions. We may contact you with additional questions. Depending on how many applicants we get, this process may take some time.

1. Why do you want to be a mod?
  2. Why do you think you would make a good mod?
  3. Do you have any other experience moderating other communities? (It’s okay to apply even if the answer is no!)
  4. What is one change you would make to how the site is moderated, and why?
  5. How much time could you commit to moderating FoL on a typical day?
  6. What is your timezone?

As a note, if we do not select you, that doesn’t mean you did anything wrong, or that we don’t like you. We are considering a number of factors in making our decision, including site culture fit and timezone.

Currently, we are only considering people who are at least 18 years old for moderation positions.

5 Likes

not again
obi wans gonna kill me

2 Likes

i vote for ash

2 Likes

or amelia

1 Like

tutuu has hard agenda pushing for votes this early
VOTE: Tutuu

6 Likes

2 Likes

ok cat tutuu :(

1 Like

arctic and lilith are my friends and both expressed interest in moderating but if they pass through security i fear this will be our future:

5 Likes

Quick note: if you’re under 18, but interested in becoming a moderator, you can send us answers to these questions, and we’ll keep them on file until you turn 18. (Obviously, if you do this, you need to tell us that you’re under 18 when you apply.)

4 Likes

:wowee:

1 Like

dw guys 9 more months…

2 Likes

(i do not actually want to be a mod)

2 Likes

MAKE MAY MOD

2 Likes

Mod Interest Check PSA as to avoid people falling into the jaws of the EVIL moderation siren

Being a mod does change how you interact with the site. Dynamics change, the behavior expected of you changes, it is important to consider how being a mod could affect your relationship with the site as well as your ability to act as mod
[source: idk my life like a movie fr]

8 Likes

i think so as well, hence why i wouldn’t apply despite being seen as a “Positive Influence” by some. but i am curious how did katze get away with not doing any of this

my time to shine

6 Likes

I’m five years old can you keep my uqestions on file for thirteen years plesae and thank you

9 Likes

You make me want to apply more than any cash reward could

3 Likes

you never met the old me i see

7 Likes

what, that time you made that funny joke that almost made you not get promoted :eyes:

3 Likes