Mountainous AMQ - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS (2/15 Left) Thread 2

also

this was an Extremely Good Point

idk if you considered it at all when voting! but it was good to bring it up

2 Likes

aret and atlas why didnt u two join spec chat? whyyy u shy?

Atlas joined and left lmao

3 Likes

wow just like my dad irl

3 Likes

Relying on a player to make a mistake in F3 and rush forward isn’t something I wanted to do.

1 Like

i doubt he would’ve reconsidered from this point

2 Likes

I didn’t have access to his rolecard. I made it clear that players were not to quickvote in F3 the previous day, and that Demisha probably shouldn’t be killed.

we can talk about this later

you only needed one misvote and you had it with zorvo voting demisha. It also lowkey confirmed merpy as town because merpy never kills demisha over you there. whereas i see a scenario where demisha kills merpy hoping to win a f3 cross with you as the final voter.

zorvo doesn’t really think or behave in the same way as most FM players, you can’t expect him to care about who is “supposed to die”. In fact by his SoD readslist he clearly thought you were “supposed to die” (bc he only had merpy/demi reads) but didn’t even factor that into the eventual vote on you.

The intent to vote demisha was pretty clear and that’s not something he really psychs himself out of. Demi probably figures it’s you but that doesn’t matter because you had the vote with zorvo. Realistically it was a game of “do you want to base the game on if zorvo votes Demisha or not” and I would personally have gone for that. You did kinda get the Bad Ending of today tho with Zorvo finding Merpy as town and merpy finding you as wolf after being put in that high pressure situation so hindsight is really 20/20.

2 Likes

I didn’t ask for this pressure, but I appreciate the Akira flavour.

2 Likes

@Zorvo you redeemed yourself for your last game, good job King, you are good at mafia :heart:

dropped this btw :crown:

1 Like

magnus goated the fuck out of this game tho frfr

fun f3 to follow gj zirbo and merpy

8 Likes

I’m consistently close to server cap so I usually only join spec chats that I really want to join, or that the host asks me to join

1 Like

@Zorvo thank you so much for finding me this game, for re-eval’ing in F3 and voting right.
Holy fuck you did so well! :D

1 Like

So here are a few things I intentionally did:
On the first day, I stopped myself from questioning some of Achro’s posts, because from my perspective I usually just let him do his own thing early on. Furthermore, I didn’t want to respond to townreads on my slot, because that isn’t a thing I’m “supposed” to do.
That “observant” d1 playstyle was intentional because I’ve been taking recent games slower than usual, and all of my scumgames had me type out a long scumcase on someone. Turns out players thought this was uncharacteristic because I’m supposed to do that as a villager as well, but eh.
I formed a counterwagon on Etha because Lol instructed me to buss, but I didn’t expect her to die. You’ll notice I didn’t really push that wagon EOD1 beyond my initial vote. I tried staying away from consensus most of the time, hence the Doodleshy vote.
I perspective slipped to Achro’s face but nobody caught it, luckily.
Yada yada.

you know how different this game was to your recent towngames, i think

I’m allowed to be more town in mountainous games.

1 Like

I think you played a very sneaky good game to get to this point. You really weren’t in any danger until zorvo found merpy as town, and even then you were still likely gonna win until the last hour. You set yourself up pretty perfectly within thread. And without your lack of interaction with wolfpartners it wouldn’t have been caught. Even zorvo himself never wolfread you. he only found merpy as town.

mmm
noted
do you think i wouldve caught you from your day one?

not that it really matters since no one actually caught you from any of this but a lot of the time imitating how you think you play as town is not always conducive to winning as mafia and i say this from experience ( i brought this up like 10 times this game) because as town i’m a lot more uncertain and don’t push things as hard compared to when i’m a wolf. but if i imitated this behaviour as mafia it wouldn’t help me vote out villagers and defend my team which is my wincondition

this is probably where the “you would be townreading me if i was a wolf” thing comes from, a lot of people like saying this

4 Likes