Paradox Hazard - GAME OVER - MAFIA VICTORY!

Oh, got it.
For some reason, I interpreted the anti-claim as “the majority of your guesses must be correct for the correct ones to count”.

1 Like

nah we could label everyone as a roleblocker and got told who we got right and get points from those

now i know meme’s role. i understand why this anticlaim was stronger then usual tho XD

2 Likes

Nooo don’t retire your so sexy aha

3 Likes

Its ok!!! I promise. You taught me a lesson to put less trust in emotional posts - I appreciate it :wowee:

3 Likes

I had a dream during this game that i accidentally doxxed myself and the wolves came to my apartment and killed me irl

I have a very healthy relationship with mafia

12 Likes

I mean the emotions were real lol. i just lied for the exact reason. i felt like i was digging my team into the grave and was stressing about it. which is why i wanted out of that conversation. my intention was never to make you feel bad about it

You think i would kill you ;-;

well

that’s the last the time anyone ever trusts me on this website

GG

Meta reads get people killed for no good reason.

If I have some bad things to say, you are tunneling, unpredictable.

It just means you’ll be unreasonably tinfoiled in your next towngame, and then it’ll go back to normal afterwards.

Was SirDerpsAlot in the dream by chance?

Some commentary before I forget:

While I generally thought the game was well run, I had an issue with how the mod error around user Someone was handled. The fact that it was publicly announced in-thread while he was talking about it in-thread would have, if I were town, acted as immediate confirmation to me he was telling the truth about his claim and was therefore town. I was very very lucky that none of the town seemed to pick up on this.

I don’t know that there’s a good solution to this (beyond “just don’t make errors” which isn’t exactly tenable, especially in a mechanically complex game), but…if it’s not public info i feel like it shouldn’t be publicly revealed.

Regardless, big thanks to @Zone_Q11 and @CRichardFortressLies for hosting, I had a lot of fun!

I think I had another thought, but I just woke up and am still groggy and don’t remember most of what I was thinking. I’ll see if it comes to me in a bit.

6 Likes

Right - the mylo announcement on Day 4

while I get why this sort of thing is done to prevent town from thinking they have more MLs than they do, in particular with this type of game it could be used to guess info about people’s roles (even if those assumptions might not necessarily be correct).

i’m also not the biggest fan of locked votes in this scenario - i think when there’s more possible options and one wrong vote from town doesn’t end the game people shouldn’t necessarily be forced to stick to one vote. i think it’s very antitown overall in a situation that is already very difficult for town. I don’t think it decided the outcome here (even without bystander’s vote, I think I could have gotten town to vote wherever I wanted), but it certainly would have made life a lot harder for us. I was pretty all-in and couldn’t afford to have Hazard die and bystander and Ash were both closing in on him. Despite the outcome, this was a close game and the town gave me a good scare on multiple occasions.

2 Likes

Mafia Server

oh yeah, I liked the anticlaim mechanic, even though my team was so, so, SO bad at using it - which is also a testament to how town played well at making it hard to guess their roles! I thought at the start of the game “This is FoL, half of the game will out their roles by Day 2”, but no, people played really well with making their roles hard to guess. But even without us getting [3rR0r], the mechanic is quite powerful, as it let us functionally do a guessing rolecop and learn what roles were not in the game - because there were no town jailkeepers I knew I could safely claim that role and I thought it worked well with the theme (technically I was going for Alien but didn’t get specific about it)

overall I thought that aspect was really fun and challenging.

2 Likes

One of my worst virtues is probably the fact that I am being too truthful. When I make an error, I like to report it and disclose it as much as possible without altering the gamestate.

Locked votes in XYLO is a thing I have always been using for the longest of time. There was no particular reason behind locked votes in MYLO. I have now seen two feedback stating confusion or discomfort regarding this matter, and I don’t mind not locking votes in MYLO, so I’ll try to remember to do this in my future setups.

4 Likes

I…tend to townside kind of hard. My feeling was it would improve my status in the game. At the time I thought people might have been so tunneled on you that you would get executed anyway, and I would look good for white knighting you. I didn’t anticipate momentum shifting to Marluna and regretted it a bit after. As it turns out there were no protectives so marluna wasn’t necessary to keep alive but we didn’t know that at the time

1 Like

It’s not as bad as the Trumpeter 3 mod error tbh.

Won’t lie dude that play solidified you in my towncore
I had quite a bit of paranoia on you at points but kept coming back to “but why tf save Ash and vote Marluna with me???” so wp lol

2 Likes