Pathologic Invitational - TOWN VICTORY!!

…what

ngl my confidence in my ability to read new players is rock bottom after i misread and pushed two newbie villagers last game so i don’t want to put too much stock in this read

i do think this opener is wolfy though and in a different way than why i thought otterpopd and prisma (the aforementioned two newbie villagers) were wolfy in their game

eliza why are you always so wolfy

4 Likes

i dont know whether this is AI but what i thought was weird about this was how whysper shifted the focus onto what lemonfairy’s alignment was compared to beancat’s original post trying to evaluate you from your confidence

like there’s kinda… a gap in the read here because she says she’s seen you treat appel like this before where appel was a wolf but doesn’t say whether you did this as town or a wolf and avoids commenting on your alignment instead

so do i get an explanation

i half was like okay this is towny from you because you usally care more about making your progressions look like they make sense as a wolf but i know you’re aware of the tell at this point (since i used it in gravity falls, as well as last game) so my second thought was that it felt like a convenient way of giving up your push on me extremely easily in a way that plays into this meta tell

well basically i feel like you don’t respond like this to me claiming wolf if you’re mafia and instead try to turn it into a read but it feels like you’re genuinely trying to solve me from an uninformed pov

:wowee:
i would have not tried to turn it into a read because i also would have not known how to respond to that as a wolf but ok whatever i guess

the other part of that is that i believe your specific response comes from genuinely being confused while trying to solve me

1 Like

you have yet to use it when i’m actually a wolf

1 Like

the reason for this is pretty simple actually
when i’m a wolf i’m confident that i know what i’m doing

this is never the case when i’m a villager lmaoooo

ok that makes more sense

@ElizaThePsycho two things

i looked at your read on me again

i may be nitpicking here but this feels like more of a metaread than a gutread from the choice of wording
so i am once again asking you for an explanation

secondly i meant to ask you this at the start of the game, but i forgot
i remember you saying you were disheartened by being mislynched every game
what are you going to do this game to stop that happening
(claiming mafia is technically acceptable but i’d prefer if you didn’t)

Summary
why does it always say "summary"

we both know the answer is “nothing”

1 Like

for the most part yeah, maybe im due for a pass when im less distracted but only things that stood out to me were the Eliza reads, people reading others off of meta (which i dont really know anyone here well enough to use) and i just didnt really have too much to add to all of it, which like yeah thats bad but shrug, dont want to force anything if i dont have anything

1 Like

this would be cool if it werent for the fact i literally just made a post about this but i’ll accept your pocket for the time being

Summary

im more interested in what she’d say a hypothetical town her who has infinite energy and desire to improve would do because i feel like she’s more likely able to produce genuine goals of improvement from a town perspective than from a wolf one

1 Like

oh i’ll back it up postgame regardless of my alignment, i’ve been saying this for a while but perhaps not so blatantly

i feel like this game is not really going to work if people are posting one thought after 200 posts

1 Like

VOTE: Nokiel

yeah okay sure i guess

fwiw, aelin’s only post so far is actually fine in spite of its hedginess
i may be entirely making this up because i cant point to specific examples in the past but it feels like the sort of oddly specific thing i’m used to her latching onto if she thinks the interaction might prove useful for analysis
@Aelin am i making this up or is this how you normally solve

Okay so reading back when im not distracted, main thing that stands out is still that May read but like, now actually reading properly its not really the read itself.

Arctic made the exact same observation as me in real time and like… yeah i can see how that was a reaction test
im stupid this is what i get for skimming :skull:

How so?

I can agree with this

Worry about the thread being starved at post 110 like, 6h into a game feel disingenious, the game hasn’t been around long enough to be starved yet, not everyone had posted; Posturing as “trying to move the game foward” before we’ve really gotten to the point where thats neccesary. Like sure now (now as in when im posting this) the thread isn’t super active but like, its 5am in the states, we still got plenty o time left in the day and people should be around more. If you’re town i think you’re overeacting

Read to me like somewone being self concious about their reads not being good enough as town

and as for the back and forth here… i dont actually know how to read it (the one between Vulgard amd Arctic right above)

i don’t think that part had anything to do with their opinion about their reads, they were just weird introductions and endings that came across as them being self-conscious (and that’s why they exist)

Yeah im just kinda thinking about why, they look to be a newer player and i can atleast testify that i delete thoughts as a new player bc i was self concious that they were bad as town

this is to say yeah, just post things dw about how they look
I think it’ll be more productive to see what they actually post rather than worry about their prelude to them posting