Players' Choice Invitational - Town Wins!

if that helps you i talked at length about the fact i just finished a f3 in another game where i actually properly evaluated both players and voted on evidence / my read strength and voted a villager and lost

so yes if youā€™re town i do want you to vote atlas

and the part of me thatā€™s severely insecure (so, a relatively big part in mafia games, because i always feel like iā€™m playing poorly - especially as a villa) wants the choice to be taken out of my hands so a rand between atlas/marl wouldnā€™t be bad

in fact it wouldnā€™t be that terrible as a finish to this mess of a game

i think ybw townreads you over atlas, so if itā€™s between you/atlas (and if you vote atlas, it will be) then he can probably be relied on to vote atlas
i say as if heā€™s not here lol

man iā€™ve just realized that given ybwā€™s reads me initiating the crossvote is game-losing for me unless the player i vote votes someone else
ybw would probably vote me regardless of who i voted and so the person outside of the crossvote can just hammer me

what i cant wrap my head around is that 90% of the posts from you today are you explaining to your wolfread atlas why you are town rather than proceeding to have your scumread do the same thing you just voted me and called it a day

yes i realize you didnā€™t know votes are locked but still

i canā€™t do this unless i know how ybw and atlas vote
because atlas is never going to self vote
if ybw votes you and i vote atlas, atlas wins if heā€™s the wolf so my vote is wasted anyway and i die

not gonna lie, i want to say that i voted wrong and that iā€™m sorry, but a big part of me is like:
ā€œif you back down now, and marlā€™s a wolf, then youā€™re going to look stupidā€
and also like:
ā€œif you do that, then you voted wrong in the first place, which means youā€™re still stupid, you created thisā€
i think this game shows very well that iā€™m a pretty bad player whose decisions rely on pure gut and unjustified fear of being laughed at

if you place your vote first then ybw is the kingmaker regardless of atlasā€™s vote, and since ybw is a mechanically confirmed villager that seems fine

yet if atlas is the last wolf he just votes me for a 50% chance to win
so

ig if it is atlas then he has a 50% no matter what anyway

yes but isnā€™t that going to be the case regardless of your vote?

mindmeld

i still think there is merit to me and ybw forcing atlas to vote sleep

1 Like

i didnā€™t think about it that hard

i voted you on impulse because i felt myself level into voting atlas for what i thought were good reasons, but i remembered the f3 i just finished, where i leveled myself into voting a villager for what i also thought were good and well-thought-out reasons

so i basically went against that for the sake of preventing myself from repeating the same mistake twice in a row

didnā€™t think my insecurities would be game-relevant yet here we are

the thing is, despite what i just said, i would still probably vote marl anyway, because i feel like iā€™m just wrong in thinking atlas is the wolfier player

so idk if thereā€™s a point in prolonging the game

Iā€™m down to force atlas to vote sleep and then vote that

okay but why
i just told you iā€™ll probably repeat the same vote for the same reasons

it would be funny if you voted me in response to that