Queue Discussion Thread

i personally don’t care much

I also don’t really care

well ik a bunch of people are more inclined to join a game if they like the flavor it just doesn’t impact the game Negatively usually

1 Like

for special games
not vanilla ones

Hm… Maybe I should actually put a stop on my setups for a month or six and see how the queue fares.

Nah. They gave priorities to other games so I wouldn’t have to host back-to-back-to-back.

2 Likes

yeah that was part of me slotting in a mountainous

giving you a break

1 Like

I’d try to host a special game (probably mad17 i liked that) but i have other things im poised to host

1 Like

I’ll be real here: I see myself as a decent host who can host back-to-back-to-back.

As far as I am concerned, I have the same opinion as Eliza in the sense that I worry more about others not submitting their own setups because my setups already exist.

3 Likes

do you got the drink in you tho

…? I don’t understand the question.

this is a weird music reference dw

1 Like

…okay, in hindsight this triggers me more than it should have.

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?
  • Stratagem-14; a Stratagem setup designed by Zugzwang and edited to my preference by me. Cancelled presumably because the power roles did not appeal enough people to join.
  • Vote-a-Life; a vote-centered setup where roles don’t flip and vote shenanigans roam due to the invisible existence of “private votes”.
  • Dust & Vashes; an open setup from another site, slightly edited to match FoL’s levels.
  • Death’s Wind; an open setup from another site, slightly edited to match FoL’s levels. Cancelled presumably because the power roles are boring and/or unfun.
  • Glorious Victory; a deceiving setup where the majority of the roles are effectively useless. Cancelled presumably because of the dispute regarding the bastard tag.
  • April Showers Recontructed; a sequel setup of April Showers Overhaul, taking account of the feedback from its predecessor while maintaining the general structure of the setup.
  • Paradox Hazard; a manipulation-centered setup where action resolution was of importance. Though, I feel like I could’ve done a better job emphasizing this aspect somehow.
  • Wrogn; a semi-open setup where power roles see roles they are not. Cancelled presumably because it was a semi-open setup with known amounts of power roles.
  • The Cyberiad Overhaul; a “modifier”-centered setup where removing said modifiers would either buff or nerf other roles. Unfortunately the Normalizers died early and the game ended abruptly due to the Neutral’s win condition.
  • Restless Spirits; a dead-interaction-centered setup where all players would still be able to play the game even after death. Cancelled presumably because people were not fond of dead interaction.
  • Zone’s Testament; a minimalistic setup, proving that all my efforts into making flavor and neat formatting were for naught.
  • Stratagem-13; a Stratagem setup.
  • Stratagem-15; a Stratagem setup.
  • Undertale Overhaul; an overhaul of my first setup, which was very much unbalanced. IIRC I asked Achro to handle flavor text, but since that never happened, I didn’t bother making any flavor beyond the SOD1 flavor.
  • Stratagem-17; a Stratagem setup. Cancelled presumably because people didn’t want to handle with fake and quack items.
  • True Majority; a low-power setup inspired by eevee’s categorization of the voting system.
  • April Showers Overhaul; an overhaul setup based on a setup of Osie. It had room for improvement, as some players showed dissatisfaction with their roles.
  • Stratagem-27; a Stratagem setup.
  • Stratagem-21; a flipless Stratagem setup. Cancelled presumably because players did not favor games with dead interaction.
  • Hell Echoes; a messy setup from a time when I cared less about the cohesion and meaning of a setup.
  • Stratagem-10; a Stratagem setup.
  • Corrupt Votes II; a vote-centered setup where everyone could spend their points to gain advantage over other players. Cancelled presumably because the purchasable abilities were unbalanced and/or unfun.

Wow uh… I sure have many cancelled setups. But the point is: I don’t understand where the feeling of “factory-made” comes from. Other than the Stratagem setups, I feel like all my games have been unique.

Like, the only thing that I can think of is the fact that I keep using the same format. (Which I have standardized, because making different OPs for each game is a chore that the majority of the players simply don’t appreciate.)

5 Likes

(before you read this i would like to illiterate this is a joke) Remove the role that removes the hazards XD.

5 Likes

yeaaaaa sorry i kinda suck at words sometimes

@Zone_Q11 what would happen if you took like 5 or 10 of your setup ideas and combined them?

zone setups all any

13 town
4 mafia
every zone role ever is possible

5 Likes

woukd actually in for this

1 Like

That would be a hassle.

I don’t think I have enough niches / themas / focuses to work with. I have voting and manipulation from Vote-a-Life and Paradox Hazard (and arguably the entire April Shower Series depend on hoods), but… I still need more.

*looks at Chaos Revisited*
Way ahead of you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

holy shit zone all any

2 Likes

zall zany