Ritual Mafia V - Game Over - Heretics and Traitor Win

I’ll comment on this in the morning, but I dislike this post

I’m under no obligation to make my posts readable.

Lazy and minimal effort. Outsider could have been an Evil role (Marionette) that thinks they are Good, or it could have been added because of a rule. I couldn’t know which was the case, so at first I lied about my role, but after a while I lost the motivation to continue lying for a possibly non-existent cause and revealed my true role.

Turns out, I really did get a role that was added by a rule; I was Good.

(Ah. My bad.)
Different game, different circumstances…
Well, fair enough.

Vote Count

Brakuren (3): Zone_Q11, ElizaThePsycho, Leafia
Geyde (2): Bionic, Dum
Hippopablompoyeetus (2): Geyde, guavagudetama
Leafia (1): Brakuren

Not Voting (9): Someone, Ash, Frostwolf103, SirDerpsAlot, Hippopablompoyeetus, otterpopd, Magnus, Hazardwaste, O.kazo

can you really be called the leader if no one is following and you’re top wagon

ig Bionic sheeped you on Geyde but

VOTE: ash i want to see more from you thanks

gn

I think this is potentially performative. Earlier I mentioned the appeal of faking a townslip by claiming to not immediately notice the presence of conversion, that time regarding Hazard’s entrance. In this case, Dum goes out of his way to use in-game evidence to justify knowing about the existence of conversion, but this is contradicted by his own opener, wherein he reads the setup for ritual abilities.

@otterpopd
I feel your reads are on the “safer” side than in KE. Is it because you don’t have the confidence of a confirmable town, or you just didn’t have time to formulate solid wolfreads?

town ritual abilities. I never opened the scum roles. This is clear from the context.

I also had 0 reason to risk a performative action like that at that point in time, there was no pressure on me at all

1 Like

this is moot. What else was i supposed to say, “oh wait I just read the setup out of nowhere and there’s conversion, fuck this”

That’s just not how I talk.

2 Likes

So you thought Zone would breadcrumb a scum role?

That’s why didn’t read the scum role’s the first time, but you did when Zone mentioned hints about his role?

No, I did not.

I started to read the town roles and realized a night ability (which I had not read before) offered conversion protection. That prompted me to actually read the full thing and I was not happy

3 Likes

well technicically i just lied it’s slightly more complicated

I read a night ability that offered “protection against all effects” and that got me wondering what effects even were in this game, so I read the OP and saw

Which was completely unrelated, but piqued my interest, since I did not recognize the ritual of intiation (despite reading the town rituals) so I started reading scum roles

1 Like

Yeah, i was about to ask, where you found the town role, which protects specifically against conversations… (Because there isn’t one)

But you explained what happened in the time I re-checked all the town roles.

I actually hate that conversion is not listed as a negative effect

Sure, this tracks along an empirical axis. I’ll retract the performative comment.
Conversely, I’ve only actually read the Heretic rolecards aside from my own Congregation card, so it was a flimsy case at best either way. As an aside fact, I generally do expect certain players to just “notice” things suddenly and out of the blue without much reason, if they notice those things at all, and without caring to explain how they stumbled across them.