Splatfest Revenge - Day 6 - Mafia Victory!

You saying this is literally my point.

After the votes on her piled up

This kind of defense - attacking the word choice in underwhelming, saying it was “only” in “the first 11 mins of the game,” and calling it “quite ridiculous” is all also something I have found to be much more likely for wolves to do than villagers. I would expect most town here to be either more or less serious - as in, they would likely either not take it so seriously, or outright call it “scummy” or “wolfy” for Luka to have said that. Instead, Caitlin is still using very weak language here - she has said that she thinks saying her posts are underwhelming is “quite ridiculous.” This is a pattern that has been pretty consistent throughout her play, and I seem to remember sulit and maybe even Litten also commenting on it - she tends to go after the actions people have taken against her, but it never feels like she’s calling them wrong with conviction borne from her knowing she is town.

Exactly none of this reads like Caitlin knowing she is town and trying to figure out the alignments of those pushing her - it’s far more basic, far more reactive. She tosses in a “I was gonna try to not OMGUS” but then excuses it by blaming us for pushing her for bad reasons.

This focus on the reasons she is being accused for is classically wolfy as well - scum fucking hate being accused for reasoning they can’t pick apart or don’t understand. Town generally don’t like it either, but their first focus, especially in low-pressure scenarios like earlygame, is often to make sense of their surroundings and to try and extract information in equal measure to proving themselves town. Scum will instead get defensive and start demanding their accusers lay out some logical explanation they can pick at, which is exactly what happened here.

Notice how her entire focus has warped completely towards trying to discredit or pick apart the people pushing her by focusing on trying to derive some sort of faulty logic from their statements, with no displayed concern for their alignment but also a complete unwillingness to commit to calling them “scum” for it outright:

I find the bolded here to be particularly striking

If she is town, she knows I am wrong to push her here

My confidence is always wrong in that case

There’s no “seeing if I’m solving the game” - only seeing if she can see my perspective and find me town for it

But there’s really no attempt to do that even without me giving her a reason - she’s acting like there’s no way to figure out my alignment or show her own towniness unless I give her specific reasons, which is, again, something that in my experience scum are far more likely to get caught up on, especially in the early game - something fire also noted

After this point, her defense starts playing more into what I would consider to be less wolfy approach to this scenario - she finally calls Luka and I wolfy, moves her vote to Luka, and then finally says she’s town so my “gotcha” is false. But I think the fact that her immediate focus was on finding points to pick apart rather than showing she’s town and discerning the intent of her pushers still speaks a lot louder than her eventually starting to do those things. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

can’t

For the record I will defend you after they flip town.

I might die for it but it’d be a laugh if I do because that means I get killed over Achro and Litten.

I’m leaving my thoughts here so nobody can claim I never talked about it

2 Likes

Like because wolves would want to go Caitlin and then Orange and because they know I defending Orange they target me.

@orangeandblack5
If Caitlin flips town would you be willing to work closer with me and try and follow my leads.

I will defend you in the process.
I’ll be your own little social PGO.

I also think that Caitlin has consistently struggled through the whole game to come up with reads that allow me to see actual gears grinding

Most of her pushes are based on factual statements but lack deep and novel analysis, or are outright based on things that aren’t true (see earlier D2 for undeniable proof of that)

It’s just really really really really hard to see towny gears spinning at any point

fwiw I would already consider myself willing to work with you

however, I don’t expect I will ever be super willing to jump onto your reads without explanation I find satisfying, basically regardless

I find this funny because Caitlin basically did what I did but you know.

Villagers are going to tunnel other villagers.

I do not read you two as similar players

if that’s wrong then I have thoughts lol

1 Like

Like I guess your used to being suspected for no reason?
Lol.

We both didn’t like the fact the person voting us had no valid reason.

At any rate

There is now an hour left

I will pursue reading more from Story

fwiw coming from me (its worth nothing) orange is like 100% right i felt rlly uncomfortable townreading people in strategem bc i didn’t like being limited as to who i could mislynch lol

pyxxy let it be known that regardless of your alignment, I like you

1 Like

^ agreed

1 Like

@TodaysStory can you point me to these points?