Starcraft Overhaul FM - GAME OVER (Mafia Victory)

Magnus is upholding government secrets. (Marl-a-lago technique)

1 Like

Their vote on me feels that they lack TMI and would be more up to date with thread if they were scum.
That’s where I’m at on them.

1 Like

That’s the post? IT sounds pretty funny :skull:

Also I’m looking at top posters and I realize that Jaiden wtf beat me in content

Silviu is definetly mafia

You know what would be nice? Having Eliza post more as she’s an innocent child tree stump.

3 Likes

You better help her with slot reading, she doesn’t have much motivation from what I can tell.

I gotta go to sleep, so a rebuttal-rebuttal will have to wait until the morning [my time], Magnus.

2 Likes

VOTE: may

1 Like

You may not

To May’s credit, she has been doing this. May’s been inconsistently jumping back and forth between townreading and scumreading myself and Zorvo, and there are other examples but I’m not trawling through his ISO for examples atm. You’ll just have to take my word for it.
(I’ll ISO May in-depth later, whatever.)

Of course, it’s not Town indicative. The difficulty of playing as Mafia isn’t appearing as good, it’s making others look bad. May’s tentative, not assertive, and I think it’s because they don’t have a world to analyse. If May is Mafia, for their first time, he’s latching onto anything she can find. Enter Exhibit A: Italy.

I forgot rolecops could be Town, so we’re on opposite sides of the spectrum. This isn’t really important, it just felt comment-worthy. I could say you’re leaving your options open for later, to accuse Italy tomorrow or at least cast doubt, but I’ll be generous and say you’re either Town saying this, someone who wants to analyse everyone, or at least mimicking your Town game instead of preparing agenda.

Given your own claim, Pollster, you could have been king. You could’ve forced Zorvo onto the stand, but I digress. You haven’t confirmed your role, you haven’t even softed it. FMPOV, if you’re Mafia, even if it’s not a fakeclaim, it seems like you might’ve been holding your cards to your chest in case you could wreak havoc the day before XYLO. Which would, of course, mean today’s an especially important day.
You’re uncertain about executing Zorvo, your most confident scumread. This doesn’t feel like a good thing, May. If you’re Town and a reasonable suspect atm, you’re responsible for not only finding a member of the Mafia, but convincing everyone to execute them. I saw your performance in GOAT^2, and even if you lost that game you critically analysed every potential pair at the time and simply drew the wrong conclusion. Here, your entire worldview rises or falls with Zorvo’s flip.

Three good points.

1. Linking a villager to a wolf, while good in theory, usually isn’t worth losing that wolf if they’re in a decent spot. I was townreading Neon fairly strongly by SOD2, so w!Zorvo could probably find a way to quietly drop the read or try pushing you first. It’s your best explanation if you’re Town, but from an objective viewpoint it’s not a very good one.
  2. I’m sorry you feel that way. It’s a viberead. It works for you, but I can’t follow a viberead.
  3. I refuse to believe Zorvo kills Lemon N1 and pushes a w!Neon/v!May world. The ideal play, from my point of view, would be to kill May and use that as a reason to townread Neon. Zorvo might be in heat at that moment, but maybe not; IDFM was running around, Zorvo could’ve pushed Lemon later, or pretty much done anything that didn’t require throwing Neon under the bus for no good reason. With that said, I do believe you would have a reason to keep vocal villagers alive, if not to kill Lemon specifically. IDFM was pushing me, and I was claiming a -EV role, there’s a reason to keep us both alive. Jarek had a case on him D1, the wagon might return. Zorvo’s the kind of player you possibly want to keep alive for his possible chaos, Cape was withdrawn, Marluna was claiming a suspicious role, Italy might push a Magnus!world the next day due to EOD1 stuff, Lol might be pushed again… kill Jaiden? No, I believe you’re the type of player to overthink and decide Lemon was the least likely player to ever be executed.

You can do that, but right now this just comes across as commentary.

[quote=“May, post:4947, topic:3513”]

The “townies” in question are Eliza and May. Given how Zorvo’s been trying to claim responsibility for pushing a Neon/May world now, I don’t think you can call this distancing or passing the torch. It’s a misrepresentation trying to make Zorvo look bad, rather than simply looking at his actions through a certain lens. It’s a lie! By the way, Eliza was doing pretty well this game, good job.

Which matters… how? If Zorvo’s Mafia? Are you suggesting this is a pocket attempt, a way to insinuate another wolf was towny, what’s your direction on this? I’m sure you’ll explain later on.

1. Zorvo wasn’t actually voting Jarek at the time. It was a joke, I think.
  2. Here’s the thing: Zorvo would’ve needed to hellbus Neon in order to be Mafia. He would’ve needed to consider it worth sacrificing Neon in order to execute you, a vocal and convincing villager (look at how Jarek got a bunch of players to shift their votes after this post), instead of just stabbing you in the night. There are a few things he could’ve done; if Zorvo’s willing to sacrifice a wolf to kill a townie, just send Neon to May’s house, it’s the exact same thing if there’s a watcher. If he’s worried about a protective, maybe you could kill Italy since he wasn’t a top poster at the time, but was still outspoken. Killing Lemon, and setting up a Neon > May chain is a terrible idea. If you did this, Zorvo, you executed a terrible idea.

(To be continued.)

Sorry about that.

Oh no. Anyway.
Neither of these comments are AI.

This is an interesting take, but taken at face-value it kinda reads like you’re saying “Zorvo’s wrong, but it’s with agenda!”

Part of the case for which I was executed in GOAT^2 for, came from a weird vote on O.Kazo. In that same post, I didn’t vote Silviu or Brad because I figured I wanted to play with them. I’m sorry for dismissing shreds of your case, but… I don’t really know if this is AI? v!Zorvo voted you on the first day, because he figured you were easier to read than Neon and wasn’t overly impressed.

By the way, views which are at odds with the rest of the Town are usually less correct. Flicker was an outlier. What is this contradiction, you ask? Well… let’s actually double-check this, in case I’m disagreed with.

To everyone else, how paired or unpaired would Zorvo and I be in your perception?

Zorvo wasn’t really making a case on any of these three, although you could construe this as him leaving his options open. I dunno.

I’m assuming I’m the one.

This back-and-forth is actually a good look (imo), since a villager would want to consider multiple different possibilities, instead of getting tunnel-vision. Nice social commentary on the average lifespan of a Forum Mafia player, though.

Why bother asking this? As a joke? That’s what I’m getting.

Is this scum indicative? Referring to w!May as a deep tinfoil? Sure, there’s that whole idea about possibilities versus probabilities, ig.

“Why are you going after me?” As said, villagers ought to adopt multiple viewpoints. On the first day, I pushed approximately half the game. The conflicted comment, I don’t know.

I think this contradicts the previous point. How can Zorvo feel “conflicted” and not have “any confident wolfreads”, but also have confidence in the case he was making?

I haven’t read through a w!Zorvo game yet, but I can say I don’t really remember him doing that in old games. I also haven’t noticed him doing that at all good game.

So is the idea that Zorvo was trying to set you up as an unsuspecting fifth Mafia, to set you (someone known for thinking through different worldviews) on the incorrect path, instead of killing you? Was Zorvo that disappointed by the ending of GOAT^2 that he lost all respect for you? Feels like a stretch.

I’ve seen this behaviour, or at least the attitude, before from v!Zorvo in Love is War. He self-voted a few times, once before he wanted to pull his vig shot off, once to get executed, all because he received a couple votes or someone made a case on him, I don’t remember.

Agreed.

I’m insulted by this. I’ve been picturing a triangle between us three since D1, and acting as such.

Zorvo was suddenly convinced…?

Alright, here’s an indication of May’s followup thoughts. If Zorvo bad, Marluna maybe bad. Cool, let’s see more of those.

This comes across as commentary.

Already explained why this doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

You know Eliza played well as town if they are NK bait rather than mislunch bait.
Before I forget.
VOTE: May

1 Like

Since you quoted Zorvo and Jarek talking about Eliza and May, I’m assuming you’re saying it’s partner indicative between Zorvo and the Jarek. So now we’ve got Zorvo/Marluna/Jarek as your possible worldview, which is interesting. What sort of interactions have Jarek and Marluna have?

You are both very good players. I’d go so far to say you’re two of the best players in this game. Which is why this discourse is fascinating to behold.

How is this TMI but not partnership? I claimed Semi-Priest publicly, and Zorvo believes it here. Let’s say I was Mafia, fakeclaiming; Zorvo would’ve already known that, and therefore we’d have to be partnered. I don’t know how this can be TMI on a townie.

A lot of this case requires Zorvo to be attacking Neon, whereas a lot of your behaviour has May protecting Neon. This is an interesting dichotomy, and this outcome could change the entire game. That’s the only way Zorvo TMI’s this, I think. Unless he’s just unrelentless to his allies, ig.

Remove Jarek from the pool. Zorvo/Marluna’s your worldview.

As confirmed right here.

How did you know this was before knowing Neon’s flip if you think Zorvo’s wolf?
I’m joking, but that’s a decent example of how easy it can be to frame someone’s post as TMI.

Are you expecting me to believe Zorvo intentionally shaded not one, but two of his allies? For what reason?

Now, this TMI’s me Town.

In response to Jaiden, this is a misrepresentation.

Is this is TMI, you saying I’m Town in a w!Zorvo world is definitely TMI. You’re both saying I’m Town, since Zorvo’s basing the IDFM townread off Italy’s check.

This isn’t a bad thing. You gotta communicate with the Town to win.

Maybe? Sometimes villagers just play dumb, but I can’t dismiss this out of hand.

In conclusion, Zorvo has more going for him than May does. May’s worldview is Zorvo/Marluna, saved Neon on the first day, and is accusing Zorvo of bussing because he pushed Neon, and because he’s had evolving reads throughout the game. There is no shot we execute Zorvo first.
VOTE: May.

The votes are 4-4 on May and Zorvo. With eleven players alive, majority is six.

Eliza’s towngame has been steadily improving, from what I’ve noticed.
@ElizaThePsycho don’t let anyone put you down, you’ve done really great this game.

2 Likes

they got nightkilled by me though : (

To be fair that’s not their fault it was because of a mafia’s actions and a coinflip 50/50 of which the other 50 is being resolved. I’d hope.

VOTE: May

If May did defend Neon, while Zorvo helped bury them. Then my vote is easy if the elimination is to be in May/Zorvo.

1 Like

L-1 not sure I’m a fan of that

oh well. I’ve made my intentions clear though I am flip flopping all over the place

1 Like

I’ll unvote to avoid a quick hammer.
VOTE: unvote

1 Like