Stratagem-15 FM - MAFIA VICTORY

Because I forgot about it, until now when I’m seeing it and you’ve reminded me. And you’re gonna ask why I forgot about this, and I’m going to tell you it’s because i don’t find anything Gar has done to be particularly memorable. If gar were my scum partner I would’ve at least remembered a reason to push them, if I were trying to distance. I don’t remember because I’m not wolfing with gar. They’re just straight poe for me because I don’t think they’re towny enough, but people keep telling me they’re super towny and I’m wondering what I’ve missed. Everything so far that I’ve seen people call towny from gar is something I don’t consider to be alignment indicative, and that’s a matter of opinion.

Yo do you have any current scumreads or whatever

VOTE: Zugzwang

Undecided whether I like this vote, but I don’t like the Arctic wagon.

Why do people often use meta when defending their actions?

Explaining why town!you thought it was a good idea is enough — since you intentionally did something, you must have already weighed the pros and cons and believed other people would find it reasonable if you explain it to them.

If I did a crazy reaction test, I would have my own rationale for doing it and can explain to everyone why it made sense to do so without going: “oh, but wolf!Psyx would never ever do RTs!”

1. I was pretty sick and didn’t feel like threadcamping to begin with, like I usually do
  2. I like playing around vanilla roles to fake-soft PR if I can
  3. If I overdid it and sounded too wolfy, I wouldn’t be nightkilled
  4. If it went the way I wanted it to ideally, town would think I’m slightly scummy and wolves would think I was the cop
  5. I usually spout my reads very openly and get told that I’m too hedgy with them, so I thought if I’m doing this gambit I might as well just try not to give reads at all until I’m moderately confident in them.
1 Like

Tbf I’ve faked RTs as a wolf before
Not always successfully but I definitely have
But none of what I did yesterday/start of today was an RT, it was just PR cover plus me being a lazy arse.

Uh…I asked you a while ago if you had non-meta reasons for townreading Arc, in case you missed it.

1 Like

My point with this is that I’m not gonna say wolf!me would never RT, but that wasn’t the purpose of what I did anyway.

I missed that, sorry. No, I don’t have non-meta reasons for reading him as town

I mean I’d say I think how he explained his take on lol’s cop claim was towny, but that’s based on meta because I expected that specific response from him as town.

I could point out other things he’s said that I think are towny, but again, that’s because I’m familiar with his play. I can’t tell you whether I’d think the same posts were towny if I hadn’t played with him before because I’m biased.

…I didn’t say you were doing an RT. That was just an example/analogy of why self-meta defense is unnecessary if you were actually confident about the reasons for your actions.

1 Like

None of them were things i would ordinarily read and think are wolfy things to say for anyone other than Arctic. I just don’t know if i would find them towny or NAI for anyone else.

It wasn’t really a defense, it’s because I keep seeing people say that they won’t townread me because I have a reputation as a good player. So just for their reference, I don’t think I’ve ever made a play like I did D1 in any other games.

I think Arctic specifically recognized that

Actually, maybe this is a better towncase on Arctic. He knows my postcount isn’t a tell, but he’s also aware that I’m never cagey with my reads. I completely understand why town!Arctic would actually have to solve me off something other than meta because that’s something he’s never seen from me before. Wolf!Arctic could just as easily take the opportunity to push me specifically because he can argue that it isn’t part of my town meta.

Sorry I’m juggling two separate discussions at once but it occurred to me that that’s something I can actually explain that isn’t necessarily just meta? Or I guess it is meta because I have expectations of Arctic, but I would say in general that he’s not taking the opening for a push when he definitely could.

Mm this is better ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶̶c̶o̶u̶g̶h̶̶

Then just flip me today. I don’t care. There’s a lot of talk of almost everyone having me in their poe but only one is voting me which I think is weird, like the wolf team is too afraid of touching me and then someone’s gonna tell them “wind was obvtown!!!” and they’ll suddenly be under pressure.