Stratagem-15 FM - MAFIA VICTORY

It’s one thing to forget about one point. But then your reason for being suspicious of Gar is still just… a non-reason.

fyi the other two votes on me are a joke

1 Like

As for the that D1 PR play, I’m not calling it scummy, but I don’t find it towny either. Wolf!You does have enough reason to do it.

Why do you think people would say you were obvtown when you yourself said you were outside your town meta on D1?

And if you have specific people in mind, you should just say it out loud. D2’s the time to make more solid reads and commit to them, no?

1 Like

You know, this should imply I’m town :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you say, if Arctic is scum, Wind is always his partner?

And is the reverse true?

@Zugzwang Can you share your readlist + explanations?

1 Like

Mmm
Mmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes? Because their team just makes sense, yanno.

…I don’t want to imagine one of them being town because that means either the other is paired with you or with my townreads. And the latter just hurts me on a personal level

so… you don’t see Wind/Gar? or is Gar one of your townreads
like, to me it’s Wind/Gar that just makes sense

(continuing to write my readlist)

Gar is one of my townreads, and yep, if there’s someone most unlikely for Wind to be paired with its Gar.

Want to know something funny? Your argument that “So here, we see Wind give only one reason for her read on Gar. And that reason is that Gar’s been pushing Cait consistently.” in #2611 is actually incorrect, because if you read the 6th post you quoted (#999) you’ll see that the reason why Wind voted Gar is because of Zenon’s law/Abbi’s tell. The fact that Wind doesn’t correct you and just said they forgot is just… :sweat_smile:

I don’t think Wind and Gar are paired because I believe Wind was actually telling the truth in #2621 when they said they forgot.

If they were faking this whole thing then they would have corrected you, and if they genuinely forgot about their engagement with a wolfbuddy — how?

@Luka probably won’t like this but the more they ask me to ISO them, the more I think they’re town and thus less of a priority to ISO :sweat_smile: (ok I’ll do them next)

I know my actual word count is probably in the middle of the pack, but seeing how low my post count is (just a bit higher than lol’s) is surreal xD

Is this what Cream felt when she said she wanted to outpost Zenon during Hydra JoaT10

They use forgetting as a reason they’re not w/w with Gar:

So yeah, I think it can be fake. Wind had given two decent reasons for scumreading Gar prior to 1062, and used neither. Given that, Wind didn’t have a lot of good responses to me there, so this seems like a reasonable angle for W!Wind with W!Gar to push (although I’ll admit it does also make sense in a Wind/Arctic world…).

(also yeah I didn’t realize Wind was referring to Abbi tell, I read “Abbi’s theory” as referring to Cait being town, mb)

chat what do i do

1 Like

wrongboy

vote wind
or explain why he’s town

(also are you sure your godread couldn’t be messed up by, you know, intentionally doing towntells and being strange d1)

@Psyx

Arctic - 284 and 285 very much show a town mindset. I’ve let it sit in my head for a while now and still just… don’t see a wolf mindset that makes those posts. 713 is not a post he needs to make as a wolf–For him it’s great for them to keep tunneling each other and clog the thread. And his encouragement of hypos and his fairly large amount of solving is towny. I also like his defense of me. Obviously I’m a bit biased here, but there’s a decent amount of paranoia about me, and it wouldn’t be hard to just be quieter about that and allow that to build. Whereas if I don’t die today and I kill a wolf, it would be very difficult to push me in the future. There were also a few other things I liked but I didn’t note down, and nothing that pinged me.

Lol - teehee :3

Luka - There are a lot of posts that show a town mindset. 304 shows a guilt that wolves don’t usually have - a wolf might feel obligated to respond to a large post, but certainly wouldn’t feel bad about it. He’s (many times) expressed how he doesn’t want to lim Gar because he would feel bad about it, and you can see that idea start D1 (1306). Now, wolves might normally also be weak to AtE, but the specific things Gar have said really aren’t that strong. Whereas T!Luka is naturally going to feel guilty if Gar flips town because it’s his fault, in a way. He’s messed up. It’s his fault for not seeing Gar as desperate town. Some more minor points are 174 and 1301 - I doubt scum talks like that about pocketing (174), and 1301 feels pretty genuine. It’s a very immediate reaction, and you see the progression of his annoyance at lol in 1287, but he doesn’t seem to actually ever discredit him or seriously push him like scum would be tempted to do.

Psyx - Psyx’s explanation (1008) of her TR on Cait was pretty towny. The town playstyle she described fits her play this game quite well. For Psyx to be scum, she either has to have lied about her town playstyle (which doesn’t really work considering at least 1 player has played a lot with her), or she has to have done a good job imitating this as wolf (which is possible, but naturally it is >rand town). Also, 1744’s use of “lightbulb moment” is very towny, explained in 2043.

May - His town mindset shows in quite a lot of his posts, and having looked through some scumgames, there’s a lot more here than in those. I have had some paranoid moments but each time I look deeper, he continues to look towny.

Abbi - Not a strong read, but 456, 488, 556, and 666 are all towny. 456 488 556 because “I hate that I townread this”, “I’m gonna cry beeg tears of sadness”, “I regret being convinced…” (in their contexts) feel pretty genuine. 666 because, given Abbi’s description of her wolfing, I doubt she’d be excited to lie to someone who she’s played a good amount with and has presumably established some connection with.

Gar - While he’s had a few towny moments, it’s not nearly as clearing as anyone above Abbi. Also, the way he’s treated Wind is very suspicious. I would write more here but I’ve said a lot of this recently.

Wind - Again I have said my reads here just now, so to summarize, she’s not towny, and she is scummy. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Mm but Wind said they forgot after you called them out. It’s not like they could’ve foreseen or planned this, and “planted” those posts beforehand.

I think it’s unlikely that a wolf votes their buddy due to Zenon’s law, then straight-up calls out how they’re the only one camping a wagon:

then keeps said wolfbuddy in POE because /shrug, and finally says they didn’t do anything memorable.

It’s very weird distancing, because then the wolf is not in a position to either defend or bus their buddy. :thinking:

I mean, I guess they could still bus, but for 0 towncred — especially with the way Garfooled is playing.