Stratagem-15 FM - MAFIA VICTORY

VOTE: Zugzwang

Science!

It’s not because you ignored them it’s because of the hedgy way you are handling them

This is a pointless discussion to have today anyway

you’re saying science but do you seriously expect anything to happen there’s like 3 people here

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

Or I wouldn’t do it

I straight up don’t primarily make reads in order of “most likely to be a wolf → least likely to be a wolf” on D1. It is a different vocabulary.

On D1, “townread” to me is an understanding of a player, an “I could catch this person if they are a wolf, I know what behaviours they would do, who their partners would be, I do not fear them”. That is the kind of person I treat as town.

And a wolfread is an “I don’t yet understand this person”, and those are the people I case and push. I thought that Gar had too little content for me to catch if they were wolf, so I pushed them. When their reaction to the push became evident, I decided I did not need to do any more. I think Luka has a high probability of being town, but I also think that if he is wolf, he has a high probability of snowing me, so I wanted to case him and see where it took me. That kind of thing.

On D1 and sometimes D2 my top priority is creating and sorting the puzzle pieces. On D3 forward I put them together into a wolfteam. And trying to stray from this process always leads to me playing worse. But sticking to it leads to me getting misexecuted all the fuckin time. I do not know how to fix it.

1 Like

The hedgy way I have been treating them is what I mean when I say “ignoring”. “I acknowledge this person has been scummy but as they are top wagon I cannot be bothered to express a proper read on them because it will not advance the gamestate”. That.

DISCLAIMER: this is me idly thinking about my playstyle it’s not relevant to the game as is you don’t have to read it if you don’t want

1 Like

I can see why

You remove all accountability from yourself by playing this. It’s hard to find a solid perspective to call you town from when you aren’t committed to anything. I can see why playing like this might be conducive to accurate reads. But it completely fails at projecting town, especially by association

I’m writing this from the perspective that you’re town even though I don’t necessarily believe that

1 Like

I know I am being overly… prophetic in the context of this game. Guava hasn’t flipped yet. But this is a reason I’ve been mistrusted in andor lost many many mafia games before, and I just don’t know… how to stop it. And I want to stop it very badly.

1 Like

I just cannot think in the way people want me to. I can’t do it. I can’t pick a set of reads on D1 and stick to them, my brain does not work that way. And it’s frustrating hearing the same impossible expectations every goddamn game.

VOTE: guava

Anyway, while we’re here, standard EoD questions to everyone, which I will answer myself in a follow-up post:

• What do you think is the numerical % chance that guava will flip scum? Yes, you have to give it a number.
  • Do you think this is the highest % chance in the game? If not, who do you think is the most likely to flip scum?
  • If guava flips scum, who will that most indicate as suspicious to you? What if they flip town?
  • Do you think wolves are more likely to currently be on-wagon or off-wagon?
  • Name one townread, one wolfread, and one player you’re unsure of.

hello thread
why is guava top wagon and why am I the cw

(like, has guava done any additional scummy stuff or is it just stuff from before)

just stuff from before
do you have a better idea

i don’t tr abi/cait/lol/gar/wind
so yes

if you thought anyone was gonna use the last 10 minutes of the day to respond to this i’ve got bad news

that’s rough buddy

• 67.3%
  • off association, you. in general, maybe Garfooled. if they flip town, probably still one of you two. I didn’t think very deeply about this.
  • if guava is scum, off-wagon. If Guava is town, I’d actually say off-wagon as well. I’m not looking at the voter names, just saying cause there’s only 2 wolves in total.
  • townread Arctic, wolfread guava, unsure on Zugzwang
2 Likes

Well a few questions

Why did you unvote me than

Why are you not voting anyone?

1 Like

I was gonna comment on that too but I decided to be cheeky and half-ass my answers to it instead