Stratagem-15 FM - MAFIA VICTORY

I think the theory that a t/t alliance between Abbi/Caitlin needed to be broken apart could be correct

Sometimes wolves don’t tamper with those just to sow paranoia, but in Caitlin’s case she was top wagon for a large part of the day and then a bunch of us suddenly realized she actually was town and got off her. So she was widely townread and kind of unlikely to become a misyeet option again.

I really don’t see wolf!Abbi choosing to kill Caitlin because it’s better to just keep Caitlin alive to keep the spotlight off of Abbi. Maybe Caitlin would be perceptive enough to change her read later and that would be a reason for Abbi to kill her, but I don’t think Abbi is a wolf in the first place.

You actually look at the role list?

I sign up if someone I wanna play with is playing and ignore literally every set up detail than ask people if there’s a post cap and never worry about it again lol

Ok I finished backreading now
Sorry I got distracted by the prospect of having a bagel for breakfast in the middle of that lmao
There are very few places that serve bagels here and even fewer that have good bagels
It’s not my go-to food but I haven’t had a bagel in a looooong time

Yeah I see why Zug thinks Gar is towny for that interaction
I don’t think it’s AI necessarily but I get the reasoning at least

But if I were to take Gar off the table, then who the fuck is in the suspect pool??

I actually now think that Zug did have towny responses throughout the discussion so yeah as I said earlier, changed my mind back to thinking they’re towny

Still wary cause they’re presumably a good wolf and can likely maintain a towny tone

Maybe I should reevaluate Luka again?

When reading his posts from today I kinda flipflopped but tbh the main reason I considered pushing him was purely OMGUS lol

And he kinda retracted his push on me but I don’t think it was totally unreasonable, given how I was playing, since I knew players less familiar with me would almost definitely push me for it

Only thing is that most of his posts quoting me and calling me wolfy were literally just that: bare bones, said I was wolfy because my posts were wolfy, not a huge amount of explanation there. On the one hand, good that he didn’t overjustify it? On the other hand, it felt a bit lackluster.

1 Like

This was about Luka, in case it’s unclear

1 Like

Lol is ALWAYS town here. I’m willing to stake the game and my life on it 100 out of 100 rands

There is no logical wolfy motivation to claim. Town Lol is either

Fake claiming to provide cover and eat a Night Kill which is towny since any PR worth a shit knows not to CC here.

Or telling the truth which is most likely. This means Lol knows the mafia suspected him of being a PR. He knows the game is Mountainous and more importantly he knows that by claiming not only is he an IC that should never be reasonably pushed but a few things happen.

Town gains more info. Whereas the reasons to kill Caitlin could include PR hunting by outing here towns collective pool of wolfs decreases by 1 and now also every night kill going forwards is always readable in the purest mafia sense.

Wolf Lol is not being pushed the necessity to trade 1 for 1 in this position to kill a town PR in this set up is miniscule. Lol is a damn fine wolf who trusts his play. There’s zero reason you make this play.

I’m putting words in Lols mouth maybe I shouldn’t do that. I’m basing this off my rationale for turning champs quals 1 into mountainous by outing my PR d2. It was highly effective.

Either way if you try to justify the play from a town or wolf perspective you should realize that this is only a town play. Always.

1 Like

OK looks like zug is wolfclaiming

VOTE: Zugzwang

I don’t have a lot of time so i cant contribute much sadly. But i should be around more tommorow

i rarely do this since im bad at PR reading and unless you know what the real PR would do could lead into disaster. Dont like fancy plays either. Rest is accurate

2 Likes

psyx is an OK kill, killing garfooled seems like a disaster unless he did something super wolfy

I said this about a couple Arctic posts but overall I do think Arctic is towny

Rookie numbers

I’m actually really not high posting that much right now though.

That one game with Demisha (I miss her :() and Zorvo I like 1000 posted D1 lol

1 Like

This feels out of place to me. Like… unnecessary and wordy to explain something that at least I was never worried about so it feels preemptively defensive for no reason.