The Binding of Isaac Mad17 - Game Over (Terminal Lucidity) [Mafia Win]

I expect this is the read Rhea would make on it :flushed:

as for this - taken from the reads list I’m writing rn

(light wolf)
Phraze - I don’t agree with Rhea in 783 that Phraze’s unreasonableness is towny - the argument there is essentially “a wolf would [care more about their appearance / think over their posts more]”, which isn’t true for Phraze, who, regardless of alignment, has not put much effort into this game. I would have them at null (or maybe GTH wolf, I’m going back and forth about whether 772 is wolfy or not), but Wind says Phraze tends to slank as wolf (to my knowledge, they slank as both alignments, but Wind implied they slank harder as wolf - I’ve asked them to clarify).

(lean town)

Creature - Rhea has a decent point in 749, partially quoted below:

But, the read is a “wolf!Creature would hide their thoughts more than they have done here”, which is a trap I’ve fallen into before. Recently, I used this type of reasoning to incorrectly TR Bystander in TADC mafia. Also, Creature’s response to Rhea’s posting doesn’t seem like someone who’s thinking “actually hmmm, you’re right”, like I’d expect town to be likely to go (since, more likely than not, Rhea is in fact right in that world). Still probably >rand town, but only mildly. Rhea also TRs Creature in 642; initially this felt fine to me, but from my experience with Creature, he would most likely be worried about being exed for RVS posting regardless of his alignment (which is what his opener is about), so I find this point null.

@Creature, would you say you filter these types of thoughts as wolf?

I guess I got a bit paranoid about Rhea’s townread on me being based off a single post as it could be construed as a fake read a wolf would make with a ton of explanation whereas town probably wouldn’t bother to read a player off a single post.

But other than this concern I think Rhea looks fine?

well, you don’t really have a lot of posts to read you off of

I have a certain idea of my own playstyle as town and I know I am likely to make these remarks as town therefore I’d maybe try to make that kind of post as a wolf to sound similar to my town playstyle.

It also depends a lot on my time. If I have a lot of time and am motivated to play as wolf then I’d force myself into making reads, otherwise I’ll probably try to “towntell” off a single few posts.

I think I was never a wolf in this site though.

2 Likes

Yeah I remembered about that.

I am also considering the other side where Rhea is town and is trying to find any single indication of whether I am more likely to be town or wolf so their read on me is fair.

1 Like

that’s curious
I wasn’t expecting such posts to be intentionally made as wolf
I’m fairly certain you’re telling the truth about this, considering it’s strange to think of this if it were false, and of course you’d have the usual risk that I go back and check your meta
it also fits with the way you’ve reacted to Rhea reading you off it

I want to say it’s towny for you to share this
but that’s more my reaction of not wanting to lose a townread, and less logic, since as mentioned you’re arguably bound to admit you’d make such as post as wolf, given that I could check meta
@Rhea what do you think

Not the aggression, her reasoning i dig. “You sound like scum caught for the wrong reasons” - i cant recall the last time i saw a wolf use that one. I think wind made a bunch of posts that are >>>rand town. Not specific meta read on her

1 Like

To be thorough here on the reads you found questionable, Zugzwang, when I was thinking about Creature’s posts overnight, I came to the conclusion that I do not actually find him particularly towny anymore. I don’t think the reasons I gave to townread him were invalid at the time of making them, but when he showed up to complain about them, he seemed to have time only to do that and not to comment on anybody else. This could come from a demotivated villager, of course, but it still brings him more into a nullread than I had him previously.

Phraze is not particularly villagery to me. I said the way she just dismissed people speaking to her was towny, but I did not mean I townread her off of it, only that I no longer lightly wolfread her as I had been doing before.

These players are both in the same sort of position, where they have shown up mostly to respond to reads on themselves and not to give any kind of independent content. My hope would be that wolves would not play this way (well, my hope would be that nobody would play this way, but I find it more frustrating from wolves than town), but I acknowledge that this is not necessarily the case, and I can easily see one or maybe both being wolves. It is just not the type of read I prefer to pursue.

1 Like

I said it because I knew you fucks we’re going to say this (AND I WAS RIGHT)

I was already typing a post in response when you said this: I don’t think Creature’s response makes me townread him any more. I don’t think anything but giving solid reads independent of himself would. Calling Apocryphal and bystander town for a high post-count does not qualify, as that takes only a glance at the top of the thread to say.

1 Like

The funny thing is that the disclaimer made it worst imo

Nakedly voting Luxy would still get questioned, but in a “Oh, why do you think this”

Here you know not only know it looks bad, but also trying to preemptively go “I have reasons for why I’m doing this, believe me!”

Which looks worse than nakedly voting

then what was the purpose

you turn back and call smth ppl was susing intentional :joy:

I completely disagree with bystander and apo, think derps popin was fine

Ok but I was objectively correct tho so like

Simply consider

Nya~

It wasn’t even really a pop in I had just woke up for the day and finished skimming thread and gave my vote before I headed to a friends for the day lol

Their brains must be mushed, also I wont be around EoD so deal with it