The Binding of Isaac Mad17 - Game Over (Terminal Lucidity) [Mafia Win]

I post a variation of that post in every game at the start

Yeah so?

The vibe of that variation was wolfy

Simple as

tutuu your best defense is probably just an offense and to wolf case someone really well because the vibe I am getting is we may as well vote you because no one looks worse rn

(not me tho)

1 Like

Youre town. I dont know why youre confident you have an accurate read on me based on gut/vibes. Youre overestimating it. You havent had multiples games where you called me out as both town and wolf

Hello, everybody. Let’s have a good game.

I find these posts very lightly towny for both parties, Apocryphal more than bystander, if only for being an unlabored interaction in thread.

The same goes for this exchange.

I also appreciate the “hello, fellow town” tone of this post, as it’s something that can easily sound awkward and thus something I believe a wolf would go out of their way to avoid in this situation.

My first instinct is to dislike this post, but upon reflection, I think it’s fine. Complaining about an entirely unrelated game in one’s opener feels more like something a villager whose thoughts are wandering than a wolf who is trying to come up with something to say.

This post doesn’t come across as something one says about a partner very early on: if bystander were in the business of coaching LittleLee, I believe that she would have him give a read before saying something like this. As things stand, he just made a few meaningless posts, which feels like too much to give credit to a partner for. I believe this is unpaired with LittleLee, and I even think that a wolf bystander might avoid saying this about a v!LittleLee so early.

I actually find this post somewhat wolfy from tutuu, just off of instinct and tone from our previous games together.

This feels slightly better, though.

And this in particular feels like tutuu doesn’t have that feeling of pushing for credibility and respect that he did as a wolf.

It feels like Bionic is forcing a response to a read here, and it’s specifically a completely irrelevant response, which I find wolfy.

A w!sulit here would likely try to make at least one read here. Just an idle game-related comment to show a casual sense of contribution.

It feels like sheep is genuinely somewhat out of depth here and isn’t forcing reads, which I appreciate. In an unfamiliar environment as a wolf, my first instinct would be to try to look as surface-level villagery as possible, because it is generally easy to get townread as a “new player”, regardless of experience level elsewhere.

I don’t quite agree with this post, despite having said something similar earlier: the thing I find villagery is specifically the complete lack of attempt to sound villagery in those posts. Drawing attention is not generally disadvantageous as a wolf if that attention goes to townreading you (to a point, as my singular wolfgame on this site illustrated). sulit, however, gave us nothing.

This is somewhat ill-advised, and almost wolfy, but it doesn’t quite cross that boundary for me yet.

Such a flurry of posts and thoughts is villagery from Zugzwang. He is capable of faking thoughts as a wolf, but it does not come as incredibly naturally to him as it does as town. As a wolf, each individual thought and connection tends to be labored. That being said, these posts were generally each separated by a bit of time which is explained away by reading between the posts, but I still don’t find them to be lock town the way I would if they were incredibly rapid.

These posts are somewhat wolfy. They feel as if WindwardAway is thinking a lot about what they are posting and whether they sound villagery, which tends to be something wolves are disproportionately interested in.

I feel entirely neutral about these two posts, but I still feel as if they are important enough to quote, somehow.

I find this post less wolfy than WindwardAway’s openers.

However, she is still very much looking back over her posts, rereading them and thinking about how they were formatted.

I appreciate the shared thoughts here.

An insubstantial opener which I feel nothing about.

This, and the following engagement, which I shall not quote in its entirety, continues to be villagery.

The humor here is appreciated.

Somehow, this is a post that I would generally find wolfy, and WindwardAway’s earlier posts are also posts I would generally find wolfy, but together, they paint a picture of a person who leaning closer to null to me. That is, I am starting to consider that WindwardAway might just have a personality I find wolfy.

bystander, I am not sure if you will fully read this catchup post, but if you do, did you intend this post as a defense against wolfreads of tutuu? Did you disagree with them at the time?

Another set of posts I agree with.

I am liking a lot in this thread so far. Add this post to the list, then. It’s a bolder call.

Hippopablompoyeetus challenges Apocryphal here in a way that feels like he knows that her push has no substance behind it.

It seems we are all mind-melding on this point.

And the two of us on this one, at this point, though I am somewhat cautious due to underestimating him somewhat in his last game.

It’s strange that Bionic isn’t considering that Hippopablompoyeetus could be a wolf here, and does the opposite of what I mentioned above, treating his push as if it inherently has weight. The reference to a previous game isn’t something I’m familiar with, though, so it could simply be that I am missing something.

I don’t think this is accurate, and I also think it’s quite a strange reason to push somebody. It reads like a wolf reaching for an “objective” reason to place a vote in order to ground their suspicions.

I like that bystander’s thoughts pull her forward, and the explanations drag behind in their wake, rather than the reverse.

This is a weak return to thread.

This post is towny.

If I were being cynical, I would say this set of posts contradicts my previous logic for townreading sheepsaysmeep: unlike its predecessors, the post clearly attempts to look villagery. However, I also like it a lot. It is well-written and it mirrors many thoughts, and where I disagree, I understand where that disagreements comes from.

The first post here I have already expressed my agreement with, and the second post is an interesting perspective that I also am considering but feel mixed about. It seems we are of the same mind.

A wolf does not need to drop this push, as there is nothing Bionic has done that has really directly contradicted Hippopablompoyeetus’s ability to get a mis-kill here.

This is actually a good argument, and it does make me disbelieve sheepsaysmeep’s gut argument about the posts being odd. A wolf might also appreciate getting a steady wagon on WindwardAway going to push a mis-kill, if WindwardAway is a villager. It could potentially be paired with WindwardAway, either if sulit did not check the votecount and did not want to push an actual wagon against her partner, or if she was faking having not read the votes and just wanted to make a show of joining and then leaving.

I agreed with this point above, and in addition to the earlier flurry of posts I neglected to quote, this makes me find Zugzwang even townier.

This is villagery confidence.

This is an excellent trick, and I find it villagery for both participants: it is not something I think Zugzwang would think to do as a wolf, and the relative carelessness is something that a very thoughtful w!Hippopablompoyeetus might not exercise. The logic is much stronger for Zugzwang here, though.

A villagery post.

I was writing this post as you pinged me.

I can see this.

It doesn’t feel like tutuu comes back with a mind to defend himself from the accusations against him, which is nice. There’s a casual attitude that’s evident here, very little nervousness.

Quite a long catch-up today. I will sum up my thoughts in a moment.

5 Likes

Btw guys unironically this is kind of a bad read, which is why tutuu did their post to keep an eye out for luxy. I sort of missed this on initial read through but tutuu was sort of right haha

2 Likes

Everyone piling on me is obviously untrue. Apo voted me because of my first post. Sheep voted me because he decided to listen to hippo. Hippo is voting me because he thinks he can read me

Zugzwang t
sheepsaysmeep t
Apocryphal lt
LittleLee lt
Hippopablompoyeetus lt
sulit lt
Creature lt
tutuu lt
bystander n
Luxy n
Bionic n
Marluna n
Phraze lw
SirDerpsAlot lw
WindwardAway lw

Frostwolf103 ?

1 Like

Everyone stop listening to hippo in case you were considering it. Hippo does not have a history of slam dunking me. Dont listen to overconfident towns who want to be the carry

1 Like

ya i dont think the reasons were good

1 Like

W reads list

2 Likes

@rhea could you explain your tl on Creature? I skimmed your wall again and didn’t catch positive anything mentioning them, might have just missed it though

1 Like

I dont have the mood or time to thread camp

I usually find this unproductive to note so early in the game, but I feel it is appropriate today, as I have more users listed as “light wolf” than usual: I do not expect this read list to have especially high accuracy at finding wolves. Most of these reads are based off of players I do not know making themselves especially wolfy in their first few posts, which represents a state of failure for a wolf, and thus is a questionable method of making reads. I expect the bottom of this read list to change substantially with some time.

That being said, I have still encountered for the “too wolfy to be a wolf” phenomenon in my thoughts, and this read list does still represent my legitimate current beliefs regarding the game. I am just noting the room for change. If I had to decide an execution this second, this is still how I would act. If you have any questions, please ask them.

I think Tutus last couple posts kinda towny tbh

2 Likes

Why are you confident in your ability to discern its wolfy

Wolfy as opposed to what? What are you comparing it to?

im being pocketed

1 Like