The Binding of Isaac Mad17 - Game Over (Terminal Lucidity) [Mafia Win]

I actually remember reading those posts

I think largely it was like ehh like this does reach the bar to get more time, but like, it was roughly the minimum that does that. Like In my head my gut was imagining like scum teammates being like @ phraze you’re dying please save yourself and them like pressuring her to make an effort and her doing that minimum l9”

I agree with the idea that her just lolvoting bystander is probably gut town to be honest.

1 Like

I guess I value what windwardaway thinks more lol

1 Like

I guess marluna could be pretty comparable but like, marluna being in what seems like less danger actually makes my gut dislike her less lmao

1 Like

hm
do you (or anyone else) know any recent Phraze games for meta

specifically
their reason for voting Bystander is really weak, and any reasonable person would agree IMO
so are they a player who’d have a weak read like that, and vote at eod anyway

especially since, they had self-pres to consider too

their MU account only had games from 2022 so. yeah

If anything that kinda hints at the possibility that tutuu knows the two slankers and you are town and is looking to line you up as a mislynch after they flip.

I’m always cautious of people who go yeah “I’m happy to get the slankers but if they flip town then get the person who suggested doing that”. It both avoids responsibility for the flips if they are wolf, and allows for a chain of mislynches to be set up

2 Likes

I was quite disappointed hippo flipped town there I was hoping I had a god meta read but unfortunately not.

I still think it was a better lynch than a slanker day 1 tbh as people’s treatment of hippo’s slot is readable.

In hindsight threadstate at EoD suggested hippo was town - there was very little activity suggesting that wolves were happy where the wagons were, or just not playing.

yeah I had this thought yesterday when I thought it felt like tutuu was planning too far ahead

it’s also pretty bad that we have 2 slankers here ngl
because like
we can make only 4 misexes*

*considering vigs as extra day-eliminations, and assuming they’re alive, and that there are no doc-saves

I mean it says a lot when the top wagon in a 17er only had 4 votes

One of which was me jumping on at the last second

I went back and forth on that at night
idk now

My thinking was I am glad I voted someone based on some reasoning and what I had looked at in his past games rather than hit a slanker for no other reason than they were slanking.

if we killed a slanker and they flipped town, we’d have killed an extremely hard to solve slot
there’s a risk they’re a powerful role though (unlike Hippo who claimed), which was and is part of my thoughts on why maybe we shouldn’t have killed marluna there
and as you said it’s a lot easier to read treatment of Hippo vs treatment of a flash wagon

nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa @Marluna why aren’t you posting much rn?
IRL stuff, or just not invested

Thinking about this in regards to Phraze - is it really that difficult for their teammates to ping them and say get into thread and just act clueless for a bit

They may even be clueless and not following mafia chat that closely due to IRL stuff

2 Likes

I’m just going to amplify Rhea’s reads for today to make sure they aren’t lost in the ether as so many SPKs’ reads are that later turn out to be relatively on the money.

I think there were other valid SPKs so there was certainly a reason Rhea was chosen as the night kill. It could definitely be that Rhea was the simultaneously obviously a talented player and widely townread.

3 Likes

I don’t think WWA kills Rhea here - Rhea was townreading them after analysing a significant number of their posts and Wind had already set up that she thought Rhea’s quick townreading by most players could mean they were a deepwolf. The deepwolf paranoia already set up would be useful to W!Windy lategame and there wasn’t any threat of WWA being pushed on by Rhea

1 Like

This may be a bad read, but I see sheepsaysmeep as the other main possible SPK target. I think if sheep was wolf and Rhea was town, he may have actually left Rhea alone since if both of them were alive, there is less of an argument over “why is only one of the really skilled players still alive, they must be a wolf” (like Achro in FAM4). Furthermore, sheep was also at the top of Rhea’s townreads and thus, sheep wasn’t at threat of being pushed on by Rhea.