The Picture of Dorian Gray FM - Day 4 (7/13) - Mafia Wins

Welcome to…

The Picture of Dorian Gray FM

Hosted by @ElizaThePsycho and @Leafia

Rules

• Global Site Rules
  • Do not post in languages other than English, edit/delete posts, like posts while dead/during night, utilize shared/hydra accounts, utilize multiple accounts, use polling/wiki features, attempt to mimic host messages, post fake quotes of other players, or spam/slank excessively.
  • Do not cheat. Announcing intention to cheat, yet not acting upon it, will still confer punishment.
    • Do not gamethrow or sabotage games. You are permitted to play terribly, but doing so with the intention to troll will confer punishment.
    • Do not discuss host decisions or replacements in the game thread, especially to gain an in-game advantage.
    • Do not employ out of game information in order to get an in-game advantage. This rule will be enforced loosely with the exception of alignment indicative information, which should instead be made known to the host and will be handled appropriately.
      Try not to enable other players to do this either. You can help by not talking about the game outside the game thread.
    • Do not attempt to weaponize the host.
    • Do not announce intent to replace out, or make posts that could easily be interpreted in that manner.
    • Do not strategically replace out.
    • Do not attempt to abuse loopholes in the rules in order to accomplish any of the above. If you are not sure if something is legal or not, communicate such to the host in your PM.

Gameplay

• This is an open setup in most regards. There is 1 Town Influencer, 9 Town Creators, 1 Mafia Trend Boss, and 2 Mafia Critics.
  • The win condition for the Town is “Defeat the Mafia by killing all of its members.” The win condition for the Mafia is “Reach parity with the Town.
  • The day lasts 48 hours, the night lasts 24h. The Mafia will communicate through a special discord server.
  • The factional kill is mandatory, assigned and multitaskable.
  • Voting is majority and plurality. No execution is a valid vote and always wins ties. Ties are randomly decided amongst those in the tie.
  • LyLo is announced and votes are locked. MyLo is not announced and votes are not locked. LyLo is defined based exclusively upon the number of Town players and Mafia players.
  • All actions, except the factional kill, are disabled in LyLo. This includes killing actions that would take the game past LyLo, even if the game isn’t in LyLo yet. In addition, all extra votes vanish in LyLo.

Setup

• When signing up, every player must choose a method to create by. The possible methods are as follows:
    • Drawings
    • Articles of more than 200 words
    • Music
    • Diabolical deals
  • Each night, every player will create something according to their chosen method. If the Mafia choose to activate you, the hosts will interpret your creation into an action that you then take.
    • Players that selected Drawings will draw a picture of what they want to happen. How you go about this is up to you.
    • Players that selected Articles will write an article of what they want to happen. How you go about this is up to you, but the article must be 200+ words.
    • Players that selected Music will send the host a song that represents what they want to happen. How you go about this is up to you, but you may only make your own song if it is an original tune with original lyrics. (No setting your lyrics to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star). Please submit YouTube or Spotify links for this. You may also submit a target.
    • Players that selected Diabolical deals will [REDACTED].
  • Each day, the mafia chooses a number between 1 and 3. They cannot choose the same number twice until they have chosen all numbers.
  • Then, that night, they must activate a corresponding number of Town and Mafia players to “activate.” The number of “activated” Town players equals the number + 1, and the number of “activated” Mafia players equals the number.
  • Activated players will not be informed, and will have an action taken in accordance with the host’s interpretation of whatever they created.
  • The Mafia may not activate the same players twice in a row, unless they have to. This includes themselves.
  • Town players cannot kill more than once per night; if multiple kills are attempted, then the successful kill is randomized. Mafia actions cannot kill regardless.
  • Except for Music, every creation must be your own original work.
Example Rolecards

Playerlist

1. JKBenBot → Lemonfairy (Articles)
  2. SirDerpsALot → May (Diabolical deals)
  3. Bionic (drawing)
  4. Soweli (articles)
  5. Prisma101 (drawing)
  6. thepigeonnyc (music)
  7. Kiiruma (articles)
  8. Sultan (drawings)
  9. Carbonated (diabolical deals)
  10. Hazardwaste (music)
  11. Memekingpizza (music)
  12. Trisscar (music)
  13. Ash (music)

Backups

Specs

1. tutuu
  2. Silviu

The game will begin 2024-07-12T02:00:00Z

Diabolical deals details will be posted shortly

Edit: After some talking, Eliza and I decided to change the start time to 10: P.M. Eastern since that works out better for me. :sleepingleafeon:

rolecards will be going out soon too

All cards are out

Diabolical deals details:

Players with the diabolical deals method will directly communicate the desired effect to the host. This is their deal. They may refine it as much as they like before the end of the night, but the host cannot interfere, except to reject certain deals (for example, “end the game”) with no other feedback. Instead of interpreting the effect, the host will assign a price to the deal. The only restriction to the price is that it must be roughly equivalent in power to the effect, and that it must be intended to be harmful to the dealer’s team. The price and effect will still only take place if the creator is activated. The dealer is informed of the price regardless of if they were activated.
me not interfering is zone’s fault and a lot less flavorful :pensive:

2 Likes

this has been updated

Day 1 begins now. It ends at 2024-07-14T02:00:00Z

Sorry for the slight delay. It took longer to set up the voting than I anticipated. :sleepingleafeon:

1 Like

Who up picturing they Dorian Grey?

I will do my best to cause chaos with the powers bestowed on me

1 Like

Diabolical Deeds details dropping on the same day as the Jade banner drops in HSR is a funny coincidence.

So many people picked music… i thought i was gonna be special

I’m very curious to see what the cost of actions will be, not that it’ll stop be from doing anything

I mean, I’m submitting my original piano compositions, so, uh, poor Leafia has to endure that.

1 Like

oh fuck neat! i am gonna do something similar but using Sibellius pieces

1 Like

cause i am not setting up my microphone to pick up my trumpet again

1 Like

why are these games starting so late :sob:

Fr

at least mafia chat opened a few hours earlier but still

1 Like

suffer as i have.