The Picture of Dorian Gray FM - Day 4 (7/13) - Mafia Wins

1 Like

I don’t think it was just playerlist, I also think that host attitudes toward balance play a large role

1 Like

thats def also true but i didn’t pay enough attention this game to really comment on that or know if it was different

Perception of player attitudes toward balance also going to affect this. Basically what I’m saying is you have to get weird with it

1 Like

i think the hosts should NOT be trying to misinterpret actions or make sure that people have “consequences” for their actions. like the fact that mafia choose who gets activated and can also activate their own things is super powerful

2 Likes

but idk if thats what ahppened this game

IMO the mafia got more power than the town did this game despite the fact that 3v10 is not townsided

1 Like

these games are naturalyl swingy and it should play into that rather tahn trying to be balanced

1 Like

Mafia got:

1. Four person D2 only neighbourhood
  2. Roleblock Sultan (the influencer)
  3. Hide Sultan’s role from flip

Town got:

1. Bionic learned I was activated N2
  2. Trisscar allowed me to get feedback on a submission
  3. Memekingpizza picked a player, if the mafia killed them, then they couldn’t be activated the next day or they’d die (this was 100% disabled because it was given the night before we misexecuted & entered ExLo mode)
  4. My “learn why 3 hosts decisions were made, but not what they were” thing

None of the town power had any impact on the game, except me mistakenly suspecting Bionic because I thought the image corresponded to a player with the “drawing” ability. That makes the setup essentially mountainous 13er

1 Like

that’s uh. Definitely Some Decisions

i mean… i was the one who suggested it

And I think that’s a shame cause it’s, like, a setup that has a lot of potential to be weird and fun if the hosts let interesting abilities through, but the actions ended up doing virtually nothing in the name of balance, and I think prioritising an abstract idea of “balance” (i.e. don’t let abilities have major impact) over actually making fun games with counterplay for both sides makes games worse rather than better

4 Likes

No I thought it before you suggested it

oh welp nvm

did u have like other stuff besides learning you get activated written down? (or whatever ur thing was)

I just didn’t mention it because I was trying to get information out of Sultan and Bionic first

1 Like

i thought i was being smart and moving you towards them

Bionic was the one who learned I was activated - he drew a magnifying glass with my face, hosts didn’t want to let it be any kind of real investigative ability, so they changed it to “learn when May gets activated”

tbh we picked bionic cause we thought he would shoot you