Town of Salem 3: Traitors Within - Jackals win!

you are mafia

eevee has a lot of posts and hasnt had any proper pushes its probably just them

Wow, I am 4th top poster.

By not Cyan I meant that I am currently thinking of them and theirs flip yesterday, it wasn’t empty joke. More of statement what I focus on right now.

1 Like

Greetings, feel free to address me as Magnus. It gives me great pleasure to introduce myself and make your acquaintance in this game. While I may not have a vast amount of information to divulge about my background, I consider myself to be a curious and discerning intellectual, and a naive witch hunter. Nevertheless, when it comes to playing a game of Forum Mafia, I am perfectly in my element. You might even say this is right up my wheelhouse. So pass me your torch and lend me your ears, because in regards to the intricacies and complexities of this game I might have no choice but to disagree with anything your mayor and pastor says. So listen closely as I lay out my expert opinions, for I do not belong here in Salem. Heed my words.

Now that I’ve cloaked my opener in melodrama enough to meet my daily quota, let’s begin. Time is a precious resource that cannot be reclaimed once it is gone. Therefore, it’s crucial to eliminate distractions that hinder our productivity. Speaking of time, S/EOD are positively tragic for me.

My first assumption is that a player such as Cyanide (proactive and vocal) is more likely to get misexecuted by a largely villager wagon, running off past cases. Exceptions to this could be if a wolf was coerced into voting Cyanide (signified with initial doubt to vote), or had to vote in order to save a teammate.

Eliza

Summary

Eliza’s last towngame was FAM3, as far as I’m knowledgable. v!Eliza felt a little lost that game, but she still made active attempts to remain afloat. Example: (#344). She made up a fakeclaim and was proud enough to bring it up postgame, even though it didn’t yield any positive results and she didn’t catch any wolves from it. The point that I’m trying to make here is that v!Eliza had her own determination and agency, even in challenging circumstances.

However, Cyanide, another player in this game, pointed out that Eliza’s enthusiasm seemed lacking early on. Eliza responded in a glum and fatalistic manner, which isn’t characteristic from her regardless of her alignment (whether she is a good or evil player). Eliza’s behaviour of setting up her own death could be seen as suspicious, potentially indicating that she is a scum player. I personally suggest that her actions and words in the game don’t show determination or strength of mind as she goes along with the thread flow, further suggesting a scum alignment.

In conclusion, I have described v!Eliza’s last game, FAM3, where she faced difficulties but still made efforts to stay in the game. In Town of Salem 3, Cyanide’s observation of her lack of enthusiasm and Eliza’s fatalistic behavior raise suspicions of her being an evil player. I understand the belief that her actions and words in the game thus far do not demonstrate a potential villager alignment… although nevertheless, I have the lens that her early lethargy and fluidity aren’t plausible from a player with either a Mafia or Jackal alignment.

Eliza’s doubt on Cyanide relates to my opinion that her wagon was largely villager-started. Not that she started it off herself, but rather that she argued support for it early on.

Conclusion: I’m willing to speculate that if Eliza were the Jackal then she would exhibit a higher level of enthusiasm and therefore her behaviour isn’t consistent with the expected traits of that role. Similarly, if Eliza were a member of the Mafia, she wouldn’t feel as lost or disconnected. I’ve been led to assume she’s either a member of the Town, or specifically the Town-Recruit. She could be the Jackal since Cyanide brought it up, but Eliza liked and didn’t respond to that post so I don’t know.

If Eliza is the Town Recruit, Icet signalled her earlier so that feels like an easy pairing to make. Being self-aware about it does not solve the problem, and their interactions are weird all around. I’d rather kill Icet first, I think.

Rajidae

Summary

Rajidae is a very humbling player. She can be insightful and takes her time to ensure her reads strike true, so chances are decent that she will be nightkilled in the next couple days. Her early posts are conscientious and concurs with my own viewpoint. Although I want to regard her slot in a generally positive light, there are a few criticisms I could raise about her ISO. Namely, I could point towards her admonishing Moogle’s slot and saying it was a genuine response, and commentating at times (most notably in regards to Eevee). Those posts felt like small attempts to set herself as above the rest of the game, and to specifically pocket Moogle during their earlier interaction.

Rajidae didn’t make an attempt to signal to Eliza when bringing her up earlier, so not that it matters but I don’t think she’s the Mafia Recruit. She could theoretically be the Jackal holding off from messaging her team until fewer people are vigilant, in which case she will eventually outed as such in a matter of days anyway.

Town of Salem 3: Traitors Within - Day 2 (16/18) - #740 by Rajidae

Conclusion: Based on my observations, I think Radijae is aligned with the Town and shouldn’t be threatened early on. I have found no devil’s marks on her heart, so it would be best to refrain from killing her until later in the game when more information is known.

1 Like

Me for real.

1 Like

Anyway I think Pigeon + Hippo are decent kills and Zorvo’s a framing check at the moment. He’s also expressing paranoia on my slot so everything’s perfectly in order. Eliza doesn’t feel like groupscum. We’ll see, though.
(Yes, Hippo voting Pigeon has been noted.)

1 Like

@Hazardwaste hi.

hi magnus

If you find Kiiruma suspicious, why aren’t you voting him? This further proves my point that you’re a reluctant wolf who doesn’t want to be on a Town wagon
VOTE: Zorvo

Just to make things clear

@Kiiruma

I do not lock wolf read you but I do wolf read you in the sense I think you’re a wolf.
Your saying about my reading towards you is bad or whatever but here’s the issue.

I found you last game as town.
Do you know why?
It’s because of 2 things you did.

1)You were trying to show you were town, just by your entrance you had motivation to save your slot.
2)You had clear motivation to solve the game with your reads thing you brought up, despite them being wrong it was Townie.

Here you aren’t doing what you did in that game.
You could start argument saying you replaced in but that still doesn’t cut it because in FAM you still had clear motive to solve with the Leafia/Me/GGhana read you made and how you went about it.

am I still a wolf

I found Cyanide sus but they flipped town.
I can be wrong.

Also another reason I’m not is the same as why I unvoted Kiiruma yesterday.

No one is interested, I ain’t gonna bother.

If you don’t have a wagon on him, your accusation will be buried, which might be exactly what a wolf wants

I think your reason for voting on me yesterday was wolfy despite previously gut reading you town.

I’m sorry but just the way you voted me it was like a sheep vote and trying to blame my voters when I flip town so you don’t get suspected.

Today I haven’t liked some of the things you’ve said either.

A wagon requires 2 votes.
No one voted Kiiruma with me yesterday to accomplish that.

true

I can read the future apprently

1 Like

Hi. You feel like a possible suspect in my mind, can you assuage my fears?